• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
apex was fun.

i lost to sheik and link lmao. i'm a terrible ganon.

i'll be playing fox with pp from now on, but i probably won't play him very often just like last semester. but it was good to see him getting off on people that weren't me.

Renth

Smash Hero
So wait, you're asking permission to come back to the dark side?
He's always welcome, You'd be surprised how solid his zelda is too. I thought I was just going to roll him with basic match up knowledge but he played it very well and the set was very entertaining.

Ganondorf's legit. Haters should MM with their matchup of choice. :cool:
I strongly dislike being camped, I feel helpless to the point where the only way to counter their game of run away is to literally refresh on the ledge. I like to play the game in a fast paced, hit, for hit style where you're mind gaming each other and picking spots. I get very depressed when someone literally runs away the entire time and abuses my character (what they should do)

Those Ganon dittos were fun. =P It seemed like I was doing better with Falcon vs Ganon than Ganon dittos in general. I also got owned by Rockcrock =(
Our matches were very entertaining, I would have MM'd you in w/e match up you would have liked but I refused without a recording set up, I like to rewatch / give others something to talk about.

Yes, I usually only beat RockCrock I would guess every one out of 4 games. Some of those games he makes me feel helpless.

Falcon vs. Ganon is actually a match up I usually enjoy. I have a hard time in the neutral game of that match up.

Did you play Nakamaru at this event? I cannot beat him anymore, we did a dollar tournament back at the hotel with pittsburgh smashers. It was him and I in grand finals, He beat me 3-2 in winners finals. I came back from losers, he then beat me 3-1 in Grand Finals (straight up no second set) He's become too good at the match up and knows me far too well.

Yes I unfortunately got owned by him when the tournament match happened... the general level of smash is too strong now. lol It wasn't nearly as bad in friendlies so I think I could've done a bit better at least.
I generally play poorly in tournament now a days, my calm easy going, joking mindset I had when we played complete vanishes and I think far too much. It's something personal I need to work on, to play whats going on in the match.. not in my own made up world where everything is fun.

:smash:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
i'll be playing fox with pp from now on
#fraud #fraud #fraud #fraud #fraud #fraud #fraud #fraud #fraud #fraud #fraud #fraud #fraud #fraud #fraud #fraud

mark you're the best

also the only problems i had with camping at apex was in pools vs fox and in friendlies vs some *********** mexican peach player. never been so mad during friendlies before.

i would have played a serious set with naka if i wasn't being called up for crews so soon. falcon is ez ever since playing with gahtzu lol

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i lost to link. i'm not going to get better with ganon. i have the best resource in america to get better. and if i'm only going to play for an hour a week with him, i may as well learn a useful character.

i guess i'm a fraud. but i'll at least try to make it out of pools the next time i go to a national. it's getting on my nerves that i can't even make a 128 man bracket.

Renth

Smash Hero
I didn't make bracket either my pool was hard it happens.

Kage and I were also losing to random links in friendlies.

It's not an easy match up

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The general level has increased even further and to be fair even some other good players I was surprised didn't even make it out because they had to fight someone hard just for 4th seed.

Though losing to Links... unworthy of the Ganon name!! I beat J666 and Skler in the bracket. Then I played friendlies with Lord HDL and it was fun.. I was winning in the beginning but then he adapted and I was losing more. It's an even matchup I think still.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i could have beaten sung, but we were both completely cold at 10 am, so i probably came closer than i should have. i feel like i was playing well enough, but my ganon is too gimmicky. i need to start over by just learning how to play solidly, and build from that. my foundation is nonexistent, and the flash doesn't take me any more than 5th seed it seems, especially with no warmup time.

i got outplayed. i go to tournaments for the people, but i still want to play well. i'd like to do it with ganon, because i witness the things that kage is capable of. but i kind of feel like with the limited time i'll have with PP in the next 4 months, i'd be better off starting off fresh with fox and building a real foundation of how this game is played lol

long live melee.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
it's insanely hard to make bracket at an international nowadays. if i had a time machine, i would use it to go back in time and be considered good at melee and then improve with the top of the metagame.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
as true as the luck thing is, it shouldn't be an issue. i have a few ideas of how to get my ganon better, but they start with the fundamentals. the way my ganon plays right now, it lacks all fundamentals, and does a lot of things that sort of make sense, but has no purpose. i need to gain a sense of purpose with my moves, and i think it would be worthwhile to develop that with fox for a while, and then return to ganon with more smarts, and the tech skill will pick up where it left off as needed.

basically, i need to reset my smash career with fox, and then pick up ganon once i'm smart. my ganon is too brainless as is, and i feel incapable of learning anything with him right now. i need a break from that character lol.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea i went up to like 80 people i knew and asked how they did and they went "5th seed..." :[

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lol strong bad. yeah, i mean that's how it works. i just don't wanna be a 5th seed anymore. technically there were 64 of us, but yeah, i'd much rather be a 4th seed that gets bodied in the bracket than a 5 seed relegated to hyping PP rather than playing sets and trying to advance.

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
Didn't perform as well in pools as I had hoped. Something didn't seem right with my wavedashes out of shield....turns out the rubber in my L and R triggers were both ripped from overuse I suppose. I didn't get it fixed until Sunday. F***ed everything up, but still had fun.

Texas v Texas in my pool. That sucked cuz I didn't fly all that way to play a guy I played at home at the last tournament.

GG's Eikelmann!

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
This is pretty funny. A lot of the Sami on the Samus boards think Ganon is a bad MU for Samus. DarrellD even thinks he might be worse than Sheik. Of course, over here, you guys have an opposite opinion. It's interesting to see how views change from board to board like that. :p

Personally, I still think the MU is even.

Renth

Smash Hero
please stop bringing up this topic for the millionth time, we've said what we're going to say. drop it

Samus wins.

edit: I've already got one person I cannot stand on my ignore list,, you're not that annoying but seriously.. tired of hearing about this every time i log on here after I said everything I was already going to say

Renth

Smash Hero
Some basics.

If Samus is in the air she loses. I played against a Samus main a long time ago who stayed grounded baited my approaches and countered appropriately. Do ground stuff Ganon is predictable in the majority of his movements, see it coming and hurt him, hurt him badly.

Missiles are annoying, Ganon can't do much about them. Sure he can literally jab a missile to destroy it but when there's a lot of them Samus really never has to approach Ganon. She has no reason to, just camp play like a douche, bait Ganons garbage predictable moveset and destroy him.

Samus mains who think the match up is 50-50 or in Ganons favor, stop approaching him dummy.

Played team friendlies with ESAM. Ganon/Samus teams are SO ****. Played one friendly on YS and won. Dude f***ed Javi UP! It was SICK.
You were there?

Should have found/played me!

Renth

Smash Hero
GANON PULLED OUT AN EPIc *** WIN FOR ME 1st round winners braket, thx GAnOn thE kINg oF ****ING pImpS.

yo renth, you enjoy getting bodied by my ganon again? :p
You free dawg. Keep playing them ice climbers, only thing you can do is chain grab.

;)

jk you **** at dittos

edit: real talk, i'm only okay at the ditto, i should be better at it considering all the top tier ganon mains i use to play regularly, play RockCrock in them he's leagues better than me.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
You free dawg. Keep playing them ice climbers, only thing you can do is chain grab.

;)

jk you **** at dittos

edit: real talk, i'm only okay at the ditto, i should be better at it considering all the top tier ganon mains i use to play regularly, play RockCrock in them he's leagues better than me.
YO WTF, you know i barely ***** chain grab with the lil kids, im a beast baby.

Renth

Smash Hero
talkin bout dittos? should have seen my ditto set with kage. played pretty legit.
yes, I believe trail is better than me in them. He won the majority. Over all, I think RockCrock is currently the best at the match up. (opinion)

My matches with Kage were great we laughed almost the entire time. I know he had fun, I was trying super hard in them. So I can very much say no johns to losing to him.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
so i never see any other ganondorfs do ledgedrop uair on anyone.

gonna go ahead and patent that as the eikeldrop from now on.

eikeldrop can also be combined with dair as a mixup instead of doing dair to dair. uair after dair covers a meteor cancel much better than dair does a majority of the time. especially vs falcon and in the mirror.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
so i never see any other ganondorfs do ledgedrop uair on anyone.

gonna go ahead and patent that as the eikeldrop from now on.

eikeldrop can also be combined with dair as a mixup instead of doing dair to dair. uair after dair covers a meteor cancel much better than dair does a majority of the time. especially vs falcon and in the mirror.
sorry, eddie did that 10 years ago. Eddiedrop it is

Top Bottom