• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Rockcrock's dk and falcon suck ***
byad.

Alright I will try these next time I see a Marth player. Good to see these boards being used. Go Ganon!

do you have facebook? smashboards isn't as active as it once was, and so most of CFL melee is organised on facebook. i'm one of the main ganondorfs in your area, so it'd be cool if we could play sometime! i live in winter park at the moment. :)

sorry about my inactivity here on the ganondorf forum. i've been practicing pretty hard for evo.

here's a recent match from a tournament i just got 5th at http://youtu.be/psDARSfTaGE?t=8m44s

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
just split second/third with sneak under PP in a tournament. fox is cool, but i fought a jiggs and had to go ganon lol. won teams with pp, but i was fox. just thought you guys should know that when **** hits the fan, i still use ganon

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
We always knew you couldn't leave us.

It's too bad I wasn't able to make it to that tournament. Hopefully I'll see you at the next one.

Upke

Smash Journeyman
Chris wtf lol I beat falcos better than jiggs with ganon lol, isn't fox jiggs supposed to be pretty good for fox?
At really high level, yeah. It takes a lot of skill to be super crazy, always safe Fox guy, but Jiggs can just wait for one little screw up, then it's super easy to grab/combo into rest.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Chris wtf lol I beat falcos better than jiggs with ganon lol, isn't fox jiggs supposed to be pretty good for fox?
Ya I think its very slightly Fox advantage but ya Ganon/Jiggs is 45-55, it is easier than spacies.. ill guarantee you that. You have a death setup at 40% around, downthrow -> upsmash if they didn't DI. But its hard to judge other Ganons vs Jiggs because there's barely any vids of that matchup other than me. I can critique the matchup if ever you do it, it's one of my strong ones.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yea kage you're pretty good at the matchup, but I always thought it was a little worse than 55-45, just because if ganon goes off stage, he's done. Like on dreamland it has to be worse than 55-45. And the weird jiggs hitboxes.

But yea upke you're right about the upthrow rest. An unexpected grab, a buffered throw, no more fox.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yea kage you're pretty good at the matchup, but I always thought it was a little worse than 55-45, just because if ganon goes off stage, he's done. Like on dreamland it has to be worse than 55-45. And the weird jiggs hitboxes.

But yea upke you're right about the upthrow rest. An unexpected grab, a buffered throw, no more fox.
Ganon's done off-stage vs any character, it's your job not to put yourself off-stage. It doesn't really make the matchup... ALWAYS control the center, never go off-stage or go for a cross-up if you are giving away your position, Ganon just doesn't have the tools to switch momentum really quickly, you have to take your time. But ya I already explained how you can recover better. If you have someone cornered near the edge, do not overshoot, corner him and cover his options, he has limited options.

Cornering Jiggs is impossible though so you have to watch how she jumps and how shes trying to move in order to counter-attack her. You can at least cut angles.

n0ne

Smash Ace

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What exactly would you like to know? Just giving vids like that isn't gonna help, it would be more helpful if you mentioned what you have a hard time with.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Like I said dude, really solid ganon! Your spacing is on point.

Some pointers maybe: you seem to have a really hard time dealing with that nair, it's all just a lie though. It's really easy to get around. For example, that match on yoshis, he seemed to be stuffing you at every point possible. Like once you got in on him, you did ok, but until then, that nair was really holding you back.

Ok, so he kept using nair, even when it really wasn't a great choice, like I feel like his impatience got the best of him... good. Because literally all you have to do 90% of the time is crouch cancel. Watch kage vs. players who dash dance a lot. He will creep up, crouch (just in case), and then keep moving in until he's in range. What I like to do is uair when I'm in nair range. It will either win or trade and it's pretty safe.

More coming later, I'm feeling lazy.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
damn joe, why can't you be as fast as these people you've never heard of before :troll:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yo n0ne, I gotta say man, your edge guarding is kinda wack lol. Really solid all around except for your edge guards. Like you let falcon and ganon back on stage a lot, when it should ideally never happen. To me, it seems like you aren't bad at it, its just that you always go for the flashy finisher when really all you have to do is stay on stage and reverse uair (which I actually didn't see once). Not trying to criticize, just something I thought I would point out.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hold on...you're saying that you can play X3 with your eyes closed? All the way through? That's insane. I can play some pui songs with my eyes closed, but that is entirely different. Cool, imo.
Playing blind is doing a run without the knowledge or experience to know what to do in a run, so basically hes gonna do as fast as possible. It's like playing Diablo 3 hardcore for the first time, you have no idea what bosses can do and ****. lol.

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
Lol, anything is possible with practice! I just walked all the way across my house with my eyes closed without bumping anything. I think I'm ready for the REAL X3 blind challenge :p

What up Ace? Am I gonna see you at Evo? I've been playing like a beast lately. I'm ready!

Top Bottom