• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Renth

Smash Hero
My interest in evo is slim to none but still a possibility. whoever was asking about linguini ge got fifth

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
so shiz didn't get 5th? linguini vs shiz happened? Dude FL if you're not going to record, I'm sorry but you're going to have to provide saucy details. It makes total sense that linguini would body shiz, shiz is **** and all, but I know damn well he doesn't practice. And we all know Emilio vs falco...

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
From what I've seen it went back and forth a lot so its not surprising that he could lose to him at that particular time.
Yeah but neither of them are in shape. Shiz is the best falco to watch play probably... and that aggressive style works well against Ganon for the most part.... and I'm sure it's why Emilio got so good at dealing with Falco's approaches.

Linguini

Smash Master
both me and shiz don't really play this game anymore lol. Played almost all fox in tourney and against shiz, almost beat him with fox...op ass character haha

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Good **** Ian, did you guys go double ganon? Gonna suck to not see you at evo tho. Maybe the next big Midwest tourney?

Speaking of evo, you got any plans to go guini? Looking like only me and kage atm and he's spittin all kinds of bull**** about going fox lol still hoping that's an April fool's joke dude

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
You suck because you don't record videos, or you don't record videos because you suck?

Or are the two mutually exclusive (I may have used that phrase incorrectly)?
florida is very good at the game. it sucks for the rest of us because rare things of interest happen there, and rarely are there any videos in the end.

Swampler

Smash Rookie
Hello Ganondorks, I have some questions that have probably been beaten to death already. I'm a Falco main that plays Ganondorf for doubles/friendlies and I've been wondering how agressive I should play.

When I play singles(usually against fast-fallers) I tend to play very campy, usually under platforms so I can shut them down with a uair or fair. This to me seems the most effective given Gdorfs slow speed. Is this a good strategy or is it more appropriate to play aggresively?

Also, in teams I try to play more of a "support" role(w/ Fox or Falcon), is this pretty much Ganondorfs main role?

Upke

Smash Journeyman
Like most characters, there's no one way that you have to play. If defensive and campy feels right to you, by all means continue to do so, because Ganondorf feeds a lot off of momentum, so you should play what works best for you.

Being aggressive is very good only if you're very aware. You can get really, really quick kills by aggressive edgeguarding (as evidenced by Kage), but if you don't watch out, you can easily get gimped as well. As you probably already know, Ganon's recovery is very predictable.

It's also very character-dependent. With characters that live forever, like Peach and Jiggs, you'll probably want to commit more and secure kills, because god knows when you'll kill them with an up air, especially on a stage like Dream Land. Then there are characters with short recoveries, like Falco, where you can build up percent defensively, then easily knock them off with an up air, then proceed to utilize Ganon's sexy edgeguarding.

As for teams, I don't have a lot of experience. Hopefully, a better Ganon can come over and give you info on that.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Anyone know what happened to that ganon "WhatIsFear"?? I don't think he has an account on SB but he's obviously the best Ganon ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxEsz2PQpHk
he quit, just like all the other good cali ganondorfs (save for bizz).

oh and mr ganondorf moved to washington. he still plays and is ranked over there.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Mr ganondorf goes to Washington. Lol.

and yo swamps, ganon can tank really well, but he's usually not a great aggressor. Usually, the goal is to stop your teammate from having to endure 2v1 combat. And avoid that at all costs because as ganon you can't deal with that ****.

lol guini, you want the week of your life, go to south padre over spring break. But I feel ya, was thinking about having a buddy come down after evo and just chillin Vegas style, but I'd be in debt for the next ten years lol

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Ya only the Canadians would really get the joke with me using this signature...

I used this sig back before Kage was even known at all as a Ganon, yet alone a smasher. Like WAYYYY before.

Vwins, Bam, PKM, and others trained Kage in the Ganon vs Ganon matchup HARD AS **** 6 months prior to our first tournament together. I got *****. LOL

I just keep this sig on as a joke. ^___^

<3

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya only the Canadians would really get the joke with me using this signature...

I used this sig back before Kage was even known at all as a Ganon, yet alone a smasher. Like WAYYYY before.

Vwins, Bam, PKM, and others trained Kage in the Ganon vs Ganon matchup HARD AS **** 6 months prior to our first tournament together. I got *****. LOL

I just keep this sig on as a joke. ^___^

<3
Ya pretty true but to clarify it was an on-going process anyway. I had to get good finally and take some names, it was just before that tournament that my skill level started to skyrocket after getting 17/25th consistently in locals. But ya back then we were all much more motivated as a group to improve so we played like every 2nd day for like 6-8 hours easy, I had to get the title. =P And then I kept going up!

But then right now, I feel skill capped.. =( lol. Dont play nearly as much and people are too ****ing good now. I guess it must be having a little different priorities/interests these days, it would make sense. I dont think being older has anything to do with it though, old SF players for example still destroy faces but they play a lot!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
So that explains how you're so damn good 6-8 hours a day every other day, that's a ton of practice. I'm lucky to get once a week for four hours
Indeed, I mean I think I still would play that much with my friends (masters) but they do not want to play that much anymore, the motivation just isnt there anymore. They have no reason to play as often if they dont go to big tournaments, I mean understandably so but our skill level suffers because of it. We have great players here but not the best either, if Mtl and Toronto were much closer.. I think our level would be even nicer, close to the top 10 players I think and the avg level would be higher for sure. *sigh* But this is just a dream, =P

Upke

Smash Journeyman
Yo, I feel you guys. Despite being very busy, I would still totally play 4+ hours every day if other people were as dedicated as me. Sadly, one of my friends here in GA has his interest waning, and my other Smash friends who are still almost as interested as myself are RAs and thus have even less free time than I.

Superspright

Smash Lord
6-8 hours a every other day...I'd be godly. I get maybe that much in a week. Most of my friends aren't around, and are usually too busy to play...even when we do play I feel like I work on nothing new lately. I've stagnated a lot--I need to practice alone more.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's best you avoid this character. you my homie and all i wish i switched a long. long. time ago
Whaaat??? Man Ganon can PUNCH b*tches. Like knock 'em into next week. That's more fun than winning imo, plus I love the challenge. Ganon for life.

Linguini

Smash Master
haha the fact that I can get 5th with fox after not playing for months is laughable

Ganon is the man, and still has a lot of undiscovered potential. I saw tippy doing some next level **** this past weekend....that 2014 ish

If I had the time and dedication to get og with ganon again i'd be down but with fox I can just auto-beat people mindlessly and I dont practice enough anyways lol

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Couldn't have said it better than ace. But to be fair, when I actually get good enough to make brackets consistently, I'm more than likely going to use a space animal against those unwinnable matchups (sheik)

Auto-beat is a good way to describe fox lol

Superspright

Smash Lord
What kind of stuff was Tipman doing anyway? I want to hear about this. I've been working on some stuff myself, but I wonder if it's the same.

If you wanna beat Shiek you just have to pray she doesn't get that grab...but if you get a grab she dies. I think that matchup sucks, but it's still winnable--but I don't think it would work against M2K.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What kind of stuff was Tipman doing anyway? I want to hear about this. I've been working on some stuff myself, but I wonder if it's the same.

If you wanna beat Shiek you just have to pray she doesn't get that grab...but if you get a grab she dies. I think that matchup sucks, but it's still winnable--but I don't think it would work against M2K.
Against M2k huh... Well there's been 1/5 games where I almost beat him but I never really landed that kill for the win which is a problem I've noticed I have recently due to playing SF a lot as well. (perhaps i always had this) I lose a lot of rounds because I cant finish off my opponent or something weird happens, panicking, giving in the pressure.. etc. M2k is not impossible to beat, you just have to have insane consistency pretty much.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Of course getting her grab is easier. You just have to be the better player to win that matchup. I know that one is not good on paper or in reality. It's straight-forward bad for us. If I have to play her I'd rather go Y.Link than Ganon. Not that it's any easier really, but at least it's fun.

Sounds like M2K's Sheik is near impossible to beat though. If I have to put in all the efforts of the gods to transmute a win every time in every game...then I don't see myself going very far. I lose focus after a game or two--or at least it begins to wane a little. I'd have to be flawless to win it is basically what the problem is.

Zob Pkaw

Smash Rookie
So I use to play melee a lot about 2 years ago, but my friends and I lost interest, and we stopped playing all together. Then I heard about this small local tournament, and managed to convinced my friends to play again. The only problem I'm having is that one of my friends decided he would main Sheik, and all I can remember from that match up from 2 years ago is that if the players are about the same skill level then the ganon player should just bend over and take it. Now I realize you guys were just talking about this match up, but I'm just wondering if there are any new tips for the match up that have been discovered in the past 2 years or if its pretty much the same. I can describe his general play style if it helps out. I should also mention that I am far beyond rusty right now, and I'm basically trying to get my timing and spacing back to a decent level right now.

Top Bottom