• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The dark lord got owned last weekend though. Now I know what PP was talking about when you are in a state where thoughts don't even come to you.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
omg DO NOT PLAY SMASH IF YOU ARE ON SOUTH PADRE DURING SPRING BREAK

wtf. screw ganon get *****es!!
Dude no ****ing way in hell I'm leaving this island lmfao I was drunk as **** and thought it was a good idea hahahahaha much as I love this game padre is the **** yo

Jesus Christ I have to write an apology letter to my liver after this week

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Came in here to let u guys know that ganondorf was still an existant character for me, just to watch the thread blow up into how much ganondorf wasn't being played.

Guess I should just stay away until I'm back to ganon only, if that ever happens.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Came in here to let u guys know that ganondorf was still an existant character for me, just to watch the thread blow up into how much ganondorf wasn't being played.

Guess I should just stay away until I'm back to ganon only, if that ever happens.

You can start by changing that avatar to a circle with a cross sticking out of it.

Good bye Ganon, hello Falcon! ;)
That's the warrior spirit? After all the Mr. Miagi type monologues we've sat through? You are truly an inspiration................

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I still main Ganondorf, and use him when I play. Except against Sheik in tournament, because I still suck at that matchup.

But I haven't had time to play recently, because university takes work. And I have an exam in 15 minutes. I'm looking forward to sitting down Friday and beating people, though.

Also, I'm going to be taking a course in game engines next semester, so I'm hoping to write a fighting game engine. If I end up needing testing or ideas for the engine, expect me to come here asking for help.

Renth

Smash Hero
I think i went like 0-12 against wizzrobe last night. Ganon just has no answer to being dash dance camped. Even if you camp back he still has more options. im convinced if falcon is patient tthat match up is unwinnable.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's pretty tough. That's why knowing little specifics and NEVER goofing up tech skill or basic matchup principles is so important. They have room to make a few mistakes and still win but we don't.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's the warrior spirit? After all the Mr. Miagi type monologues we've sat through? You are truly an inspiration................
You still going on with Mr.Miagi? lol. It's called the peaceful warrior way, just thought I'd make the distinction between a regular warrior and a peaceful one.

I think i went like 0-12 against wizzrobe last night. Ganon just has no answer to being dash dance camped. Even if you camp back he still has more options. im convinced if falcon is patient tthat match up is unwinnable.
You are convinced? Then perhaps you need to be even more scary! The point of Ganon is to lock players in a tight spot. Falcon will not be able to DD camp under a platform if Ganon is right near him. If you are ready for a nair then you can CC jab it, sometimes even grab if you are close enough. Hell even jab as soon as they jump.. If they go for grab from that far well that's a free punish for you, Falcon has limited options to approach, abuse it!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
We all have to pass through that.. it's frustrating, I understand. Use that fury in order to kick his ass next time! I guess all I can say with that is that I use this technique in order to make mental notes as they happen so the chances of me getting punished by the same thing over and over happens a lot less frequently.. you know like finding yourself in a position you are often in for example, me going up a platform when the opponent has center stage or I get grabbed a lot in SF by surprise. As they happen, it sucks but everytime I say to myself: "ok mix it up next time, try something different in order to prevent the grab as he's walking forward like low kicks." Do you have tricks like that you use?

Have you asked why you are getting DD camped so successfully?

Renth

Smash Hero
Major lack of patience is a large factor to why it worked so well. I learned his tech and roll patterns so i got a few tech chase stomps. The neutral game cat and mouse aspect of the match up is what i am failing at. I can see what I am doing wrong but even then one wrong move feels like i lost my stock. A lot of waveland tricks were successful but nearly every time i approached with an aerial i was grabbed or n air'd to oblivion

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
record and watch vids, it's the best way 'specially for someone that's been playing as long as you. no other way to see your habits

kage i was just kidding with you lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Major lack of patience is a large factor to why it worked so well. I learned his tech and roll patterns so i got a few tech chase stomps. The neutral game cat and mouse aspect of the match up is what i am failing at. I can see what I am doing wrong but even then one wrong move feels like i lost my stock. A lot of waveland tricks were successful but nearly every time i approached with an aerial i was grabbed or n air'd to oblivion
Everytime you approached, you were grabbed? It means either he made you screw up your spacing or you just hit his shield at a bad spot.. im not even sure if Falcon can Nair oos after a blocked punch from far, doesnt seem like it should work. So with that I guess you'd have to approach him more from the ground rather than the air I think because if you make him commit first with an aerial well that's good for you! lol.

Ace, I know... dude Im 27!! lol. That xp!!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah if falcon was going to nair oos after a shielding a fully spaced fair I bet a high ftilt, uair, or well timed jab would stop him.

Lol, I'm 29 I feel you kage.

Superspright

Smash Lord
With falcon you have to stay grounded until he either double jumps into the air (this is a free kill usually) or if he FHs over you. Any time he is above you directly you must uair. If you're on the ground you need to learn how to pivot ftilts and jabs--also pivot CCing into an option is very good too...pivot powershield works too. A lot of things work. It's just not in our favor to win. His combos > Our combos. Your best bet is to try and suffocate his space with wavelands (vary the lengths and timings so they can't get a good hard read on your wavelands because that will lead to a knee or a nair setup). Feel where he senses pressure and react to it with ftilt or if you can get the uair out (frame perfect) it's about as good. Once he starts shielding preemptively GRAB HIM. Grabs transmute into a lot of damage if you use them right--no chaingrab on him, but techchases galore.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
campy falcon makes the game un-fun.

would much rather play against campy falco or fox lol
There are no words to describe how much I disagree with this statement lol. Campy falcon is tough, but beatable if you play smart and exploit some of his DD camping (waveland ftilt, waveland off platform fair, etc- anything to give you a little more range). I'm seriously convinced that it is not possible to beat a truly campy falco without powershielding at least 25% of the lasers or something. Seriously **** that character.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Technically I should be good vs Falco since I play vs Bam all the time but even after all these years.. I still get owned, it's probably either a bit of a character weakness + my own weakness in the matchup.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
he's a very unfair character, no matter how much time and effort you put into "getting good against falco" at the end of the day you're still fighting falco.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
if you can directly approach campy falcon, it's only because he is either unaware of his surroundings, or unaware of your range. a good campy falcon is neither of these things.

Top Bottom