• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Downthrow nair or uair at lower percentage, way better. Gives you a better position and also more opportunities to juggle Peach, why would you trade?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Dthrow nair at low percents combos both hits.
If they DI away it's only 1 hit, I think but usually they do not because that's the trap we do by mixing in moves in order to screw up their DI. And even if they DI away, they'll be much closer to the ledge which is really really good, you'll be able to box them in a lot easier.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
At 0%, after dthrow I pretty much always give Peach the up-angled F-tilt. Technically you have enough frames to pivot uair her after dthrow at 0% even if she DI's behind, but that **** is tough. F-tilt is guaranteed safe, good damage, and fast. A uair is a really quick follow up if they don't DI the F-tilt, and she will be closer to you for more effective pressure, vs getting lucky and getting both hits of the nair, the second hit of the nair has pretty beast KB and you won't be pressuring her much immediately afterwards (it also sends her high, where peach can float away and retreat sometimes).

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
you *****, go for the nair or gtfo. So, my up air edge gaurding is still complete trash.
Lol. You keep right on nair'ing vs Peach, you can have it. Yeah you should practice that reverse uair, I know you're good enough to get the hang of it quickly, really you just need to quit thinking about it and do it. You def gave atma's peach some free ledges that match.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yea it's tough to get the hang of, but once you get it, it's like second nature. Again, you're gonna wanna practice on temple so if you **** up you won't kill yourself. Just move the control stick very slightly to the right (but how you hold your controller trail, idk... lol) And immediately flick it to the left (completely to the left, no angle) and when you're at the peak of your jump, just push r/l to waveland. It will take a while, but keep trying and you'll get it. After you get the hang of it, you'll realize how easy it is to do and how many options it opens up

happy unoffical St paddys day yo

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey tutrle opl… i can't spell.

We should be in the same pool again just because. Gannon dittos on brinstar depths abd big blue this time. Or I'll play anyone on big blue blue as fox.

I'll likly go to the next show me Your moves. But i lilely will get jewed from work they had me work 50 hours or more everyweek since chirtmas.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
big blue screams positional agrro/hardcore camping neither lasts just the camera makes it broken otherwise it's cool as can be. it's like what if fox could nair lower than ness can djc nair? and then You make it happen xD

DarkMagicX2

The Worst Ganondorf Ever
NNID
DarkMagicX2
3DS FC
5386-7375-0560
Ganons,
I played a Ness player yesterday and I was wondering if anybody knew how to combat Ness' fair. It seemed to way overprioritize everything I did. While I was able to consistently 3-stock him, that fair of his was aggravating to face. Any other tips vs. Ness would also be helpful if anybody has experience in this matchup. Thanks in advance.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I actually know this matchup with Ganon haha. Fully spaced bair will trade with it, sometimes win clean if your spacing is 100% perfect and you're lucky. Your general spacing as Ganon is centered around anticipating the dash>sh fair approach. You have to be ready for him to do that at all times basically. DI away when you get hit by ness's fair. You can SDI and shield SDI/ASDI to your advantage while you are getting hit by Ness's fair. Getting hit by multiple hitboxes = more chances for SDI inputs.

If you grab Ness at 0%, you are guaranteed 2 more dthrows without pummel. If you pummel even once, you are only guaranteed one regrab although you can probably still get it. After 1-2 regrabs you are guaranteed a jab, possibly ftilt depending on ness's DI. It's a quick 20+% damage that you should never pass up.

Space your aerials really well. Be patient. Go for any guaranteed punishment.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Damn Kage that was nice.

And please don't ever use Falcon ever again, your Ganon is too good to not use!
But I have to train multiple characters! lol. Also, earlier in the vid I did 3-0 him with Falcon so i mean it's really not that far off where I want to be, the mindset required for Falcon is pretty interesting too.. I still feel pretty inconsistent in tournament.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Just punish her for everything she does, but you really can't get hit so you have to definitely mix in your approaches and how you space moves. In this matchup, I only use Fair in techchases or guaranteed hit. I also saw that you can CC the jab to grab or also CC Ftilt to downtilt.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm really trying to improve it, it has been my main focus in recent times.. I know that I'm either slow to react or that I could punish a little faster. I'm really trying, promise! lol. It's why a few months ago I started playing Fox so that my hands have much greater endurance and consistency, I also saw I failed to punish with Falcon because of wrong inputs too. It's pretty hard to do everything 100% perfect.

Renth

Smash Hero
^
He's talking about vs. Falco.

Also, I've come to realize Ian says a lot of things that seem off or silly. You'd be surprised, believe me. When he picked Zelda at Apex in friendlies I was like oh well. this is free, I've got more zelda exp than I could ever want and he did things unique and effective that threw me off in a lot of ways.

I hope Smash treats you guys well, I haven't touched a controller since Apex. I can't handle pressure like I use to. My performances at Big House and Apex were shameful at best. I get so.. frustrated, the things that use to mean nothing to me mean everything now. A passing comment, people talking, if I go to events in the future I'll likely be wearing head phones of some kind.

tl;dr

Eikelmann is legit, I lost my edge and confidence.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
so uh, fox is still fun. ganons hitboxes are still extra large. i learned that you can't use fox timings to do ganon things though. the results look really goofy and i die for it. that's pretty much my update on the last month or so.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
**** falco. And **** fox while we're on the subject. But seriously **** falco

Renth, sorry to hear it, man :( I'd like to keep you in the scene.

I was playing ripple on stream the other day and got a lot of **** talked about my ganon, quote "11/10 free" (one of many, many remarks). So I just challenged each of them to a money match lol. Granted I was playing TERRIBLY that day and actually got quite a bit of compliments the week before on my ganon (why am I so inconsistent?).

Idk what to tell you except to money match each and every person who has something to say...

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
LOL renth I've played like 1 day in the past 220 days, don't sweat it. I am just too busy and I'm almost always a decent distance away from smashers. But I still like it, and when I did play 3 weeks ago, I had only lost a little bit of tech skill. No muscle memory was lost though. RLD was too easy. Spacing was fine, reaction time ok, but in general I'd need to practice oos stuff some more, and I was ****ty at wavelands lol.

Haha I figured you were talking about falco Ian but I couldn't resist taking that quote out of context anyway!

Joe that happens with training partners. One can make they other look so bad just because he totally has him figured out. Happens to everyone that has a good training partner.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Lol yea I know Dave, people usually are surprised at how much I don't actually suck after seeing vids of me getting embarrassed by rip. First time playing dart he tried to style on me with fox and I beat him (friendlies), he was like wtf cuz the only vid he had seen of me was the one where I was 7% away from getting jv 5'd lmao.

At the moment, I'm trying to find this vid of me ****ing up rip's falcon

anyway yea that post was supposed to help renth **** **** up again, not to ***** about how some ******* can't handle my ganon:cool:

Top Bottom