• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Renth

Smash Hero
been looking for cheapo recording equipment since i've been in orlando too many hiliarous and **** things are not being recorded :(

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You can get a Dazzle fairly cheaply from your local best buy. It's easy to use, too. All you need is a computer. Once you get it and install the drivers, download Flash Media Encoder. It's easy to use, and gives you a nice looking video without using up much hard drive. The only downsides are if you want to edit the video, you'll need to convert it (I recommend Format Factory) and it's not as good for streaming because you can't add names or show player cams. If you want to do both of those, use XSplit instead.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Can you explain? They're both quite slow, Ganon can actually trade with peach, has a good throw animation for cathching turnips, but gets ***** at the edge. What's your gameplan/goals as Peach againts Ganon?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Renth: easycap is a cheap (but crappy) solution. About $6.50, but you may not get sound lol.

Wake: i actually agree that its a tough matchup. Her turnips ruin eveything. Speaking of which... is there any way around this besides actually catching the turnips?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
staying away and not getting hit by them.

and then when you notice she's about to pick one obviously, run up and hit her in the face before she can do anything with it.

i tend to ban FD, as it makes the transition from 1 to 2 a lot easier if you have platforms.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i can respect that. now that i think about it, i think i end up banning fountain and allow myself to get cp'd to FD. honestly not sure which one i dislike more vs peach. guess it depends on how much they like turnips to me.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Vs peach i tend to stay the hell away from fountain of dsmash. Totally **** stage for peach imo. But chris is right that platforms make it easier vs peach i would think, just because they seem to somewhat limit her options.

Also, still trying to learn that wall tech to bair tech. Very tricky, but useful against a dsmash edgeguard vs peach id imagine.

Wake

Smash Master
Can you explain? They're both quite slow, Ganon can actually trade with peach, has a good throw animation for cathching turnips, but gets ***** at the edge. What's your gameplan/goals as Peach againts Ganon?
I think Ganon's spacing tools are overrated in that MU. If Peach stays close to Ganon, her aerial speed is just too much for him. Turnips mess him up. Edge guarding messes him up. She combos him very hard.

staying away and not getting hit by them.

and then when you notice she's about to pick one obviously, run up and hit her in the face before she can do anything with it.

i tend to ban FD, as it makes the transition from 1 to 2 a lot easier if you have platforms.
Peach doesn't tend to be too open when she's pulling a turnip against Ganon. He's too slow, and unless the Peach player is pulling turnips right in your face, I don't see this as much of a threat to the Peach player.

The only stage I don't really like in that MU is BF. Yoshi's story in that MU is definitely in Peach's favor.

I think the only way this MU becomes ok for Ganon is when the Peach player plays really defensively and actually lets Ganon space.

When he tries to space fairs against Peach, it just feels likes a Marth, but even more open to punishment.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I think when Chris said "notice she's about to pick one obviously" he means there are times when its an easy read. The turnip pull might be fast but if you read it, you read it.

Fairs are SO much safer vs peach than vs marth wtF

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
He meant from peach's perspective, ganons fair is like marths but easier to deal with. Except the fact that it can kill you.

I think peach wins because ganons recovery is so bad. They both have things in their favor but peach just has an easier time keeping him offstage/in a bad position.

Wake

Smash Master
I think when Chris said "notice she's about to pick one obviously" he means there are times when its an easy read. The turnip pull might be fast but if you read it, you read it.

Fairs are SO much safer vs peach than vs marth wtF
Unless it's at high percents, I think Peach should be more afraid of Marth's fair.

As far as the turnip thing, sure. A read is a read. I think Peach won't be in that situation against Ganon very often though so I don't think it's that big of a threat.

The top characters punish her easier on turnip pulls just because of the speed difference, except Puff and another Peach.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
ok I misread that. I was about to say, a well spaced Ganon fair is hard to punish for peach in comparison to how easily marth can beat it.

Wake

Smash Master
Oh yeah yeah sorry. I worded that a little funny. I just mean that, Marth's wall of fair is harder for Peach to get around than Ganon's.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
What about camping top platform on DL64 against her? Anyone tried it or had it done against them? She has to go on one of the side platforms to do anything.

Wake

Smash Master
God the top platform on DL can be a nightmare in a lot of MUs with Peach. :p There's still something I dislike about BF more though. I'd still rather go to DL. Maybe it's just that a lot of Ganons seem to like it there.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I think you guys should definitely make FoD your friend, that stage owns so much. When you do, man you can cover options unlike on any other stage. In my experience, I feel like it's one of the best Ganon stage, well for me anyway. =P

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
The only stage I don't really like in that MU is BF. Yoshi's story in that MU is definitely in Peach's favor.
but she dies at like 80%. plus the smaller stage means it'll be a little harder for her to safely pull turnips. aside from not being able to use wiz foot to recover as much, i don't really see ys being worse than battle field.

Wake

Smash Master
I don't think Ganon has the room to space as well as he'd like to against Peach on that stage. I think it ends up coming down to the style of the players, though. I would take a defensive or campy player to YS so they don't have the proper room to camp as hard.

I just don't really like BF because Ganons seem to like it haha

Also, like I said before, the top platforms on a few stages are really difficult for Peach. Peach can actually reach the top platform on YS with a single jump, so it's a nice change.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I don't think Ganon has the room to space as well as he'd like to against Peach on that stage. I think it ends up coming down to the style of the players, though. I would take a defensive or campy player to YS so they don't have the proper room to camp as hard.

I just don't really like BF because Ganons seem to like it haha
Then you would not take me to YS. =)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well let's see here, statistically, I lost to Vwins and Armada all the time.. I never beat either of them if ever I met them in a tournament in 5 years.. I also lost to Wife once. I guess when Peach knows the match-up very well it does get pretty damn tough but it's not impossible, it still feels easier than Falcon because you can usually keep up the pace with Peach overall, you just need not to let her get inside Ganon at all. Actually in general it's kinda like that, being point blank vs anyone usually is terrible because Ganon's options OOS aren't superb.

It could get hard to bait Peach though so I don't think the match-up should be played by baiting options all that much but more like force options out of Peach, like make her play near the ledge so that her options are more obvious. Being in the position where Ganon's tilts will hit is sort of risky because of Peach dash attack but I think he can still counter-attack all other options coming from there if you get it right. I also know that Ganon's dash attack beats Peach's dash attack if both are thrown at the same time. Well anyways.. I think it's important to play as close to Peach as possible to be a threat, if you are successful, the spacing game becomes much easier because of the lack of turnips.

Wake

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I don't think it's impossible for Ganon. The Ganon/Sheik and Ganon/Fox MUs seem a lot worse. I don't know if the Peach MU is easier or harder than Falcon just because I know next to nothing about that MU.

Ganon just seems like a bad character though, and I think Peach has answers to most of what he can throw out.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well you can keep thinking he's a bad character if you want... that's what we have as Ganon mains, everyone keeps underestimating us lol. Even in 2012, that seems to be the case.

warlock-don-mia24

Smash Journeyman
Kels barely beat kage right ? Kels is the best in the midwest..... And his fox is pretty good!!! O yea kage i like ur falcon videos bro ... i was playing with him alot two... i must say after playing falcon then swicth up to ganon my ganon is alot faster

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kels barely beat kage right ? Kels is the best in the midwest..... And his fox is pretty good!!! O yea kage i like ur falcon videos bro ... i was playing with him alot two... i must say after playing falcon then swicth up to ganon my ganon is alot faster
Nah I lost convincingly though I missed lots of edgeguards, no johns I guess. But ya, using different characters can enable you to increase your Ganon by emphasizing what you are lacking through those different characters. Like when you are using Falcon then maybe your combo game and DD game will get better overall.. and then if you use Marth then you learn how to use your range a lot better and also to setup grabs. And then knowing all that you can apply it to Ganon obviously by making a few adjustments but you get the point now. =P

Top Bottom