• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
rennnthhh!!!!

kk but i love to jump around! lol i have never been in good form at a national tourney for a long time since i was always hosting them....one of these times ill **** some face extra hard

APEX

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm not trolling or anything, it's serious question.. What about the TOs, what do they think about Plank being at tourneys? I dont mind personally but its for him lol.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
lol Ian = too good. Always wanting to play me in G-dorf dittos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5hQI4OkzmQ&feature=related

=P
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ****ing miss you jason. come up to orlando for advent you ****er.

Wow Eikelmann you **** *****es up. For some reason I thought you were from Quebec. Also holy **** your dittos. Best Ganon dittos ever. You guys have amazing techskill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia5mBd2sCwE
can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, lol. thanks though if not. my tech skill with ganon is much better than then. those matches are over a year old ;P

chaddd

Smash Lord
Pretty sure Kage was just asking a simple question. Just because you don't like the subject at hand is no reason to jump all over someone. He was in no way attacking Plank.

I personally think that Plank is a good guy as well. I have absolutely nothing against him and haven't experienced anything other than him being a nice person to me.

That being said, I fail to see what the big deal is by asking a blunt question on a sensitive topic. I also don't see Kage demanding an answer. It's an internet forum and it's in a Q&A thread no less. There's no need for hostility just because you don't agree with bringing up the topic in question.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I mean ya there's the nice guys here.. all Ganons seem to be ok with Plank.. but I'm not sure about the others? I'd hate to have a war going on for no reason at APEX or something.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
^kage i pretty much go to **** around here because most people know me around here so they are still with me. if a TO were to specifically say they didnt want me to go to their event then i would respect that but otherwise im going to go because i enjoy the game and competition

chaddd

Smash Lord
I mean ya there's the nice guys here.. all Ganons seem to be ok with Plank.. but I'm not sure about the others? I'd hate to have a war going on for no reason at APEX or something.
^kage i pretty much go to **** around here because most people know me around here so they are still with me. if a TO were to specifically say they didnt want me to go to their event then i would respect that but otherwise im going to go because i enjoy the game and competition
Simple question, simple answer. No flame wars. Magic.

Renth

Smash Hero
Problem is, people take what they read too seriously. Whenever stuff came up about plank of course I got defensive there's so much unnecessary flame most of the time. So I apologize.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
although it is appreciated, dont even worry about it mark. ive realized who my friends are, who can really think about things as an intelligent rational human being, and who just wants to go into any thread they can find and talk **** about me for no reason and start more drama. there is no point in even addressing the situation on a forum since people dont actually read the entire discussion before they continue to ask me irrelevant questions and demand answers to them

Renth

Smash Hero
I've played a ton of Young Links. Jash, D20, Rhan, Lajin ect.

I don't believe I lost sets to them, basically a young link will just spam all day while running away. Just wait for openings and take any trade you can get. You will win every trade because well it's ganon he does that.

Chain grabs work wonders on young link, I don't think I have any problems edge guarding in the match up either. I use to play d20 fairly often and just got use to the match up I guess. Jash was different he wasn't spammy that kid was aggressive and really good.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
yeah, just beat project styles' (what a beast) Young Link a while ago. it was super annoying to get past the projectiles. but once i found an opening, i capitalized and took a stock off.

What I did mainly against Young Link was to crouch-cancel any projectiles up to 80%. Also, edge-guarding Young Link is super easy.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
one more thing, i did a super awesome combo on a falco. it was so amazing that i had to dedicate a post to mention it. My match will be uploaded pretty soon and i will link it; it will not disappoint.

rhan

Smash Hero
If you know how to get around the projectile wall then yeah YL is easy to beat. But if you don't you allow him to get enough damage to kill you with. YL's weak but if damage adds up it makes it easier to kill you with.

Link on the other hand doesn't need to rack damage because he has better kill/gimp options. Plus his recovery is more trickier then YL's. And Link can last longer in a battle even with terrible DI. He's heavy. YL's light so he'll fly far even just by getting hit with the jab.

Link undoubtedly will be harder for Ganon due to the above statements.

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
If you know how to get around the projectile wall then yeah YL is easy to beat. But if you don't you allow him to get enough damage to kill you with. YL's weak but if damage adds up it makes it easier to kill you with.

Link on the other hand doesn't need to rack damage because he has better kill/gimp options. Plus his recovery is more trickier then YL's. And Link can last longer in a battle even with terrible DI. He's heavy. YL's light so he'll fly far even just by getting hit with the jab.

Link undoubtedly will be harder for Ganon due to the above statements.
Dreamland changes everything, though. It gives Young Link way more room on stage, and with good DI he can survive up to really high percents and recover no problem.

Any other stage and it's a joke for Ganon, though, IMO.

As for Link, he has way more range/priority/killing options than Young Link. Honestly I think the match-up is slightly in Link's favour; there just are so few Link mains to prove it.

inb4 Mango vs Kage :troll:

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
I don't see why you put the trollface. That was a legit match. I agree that Link beats Ganon by a bit. My inexperienced opinion is that Link beats Ganon by a bit as well.

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why you put the trollface. That was a legit match. I agree that Link beats Ganon by a bit. My inexperienced opinion is that Link beats Ganon by a bit as well.
The trollface was because that was just a dumb set, and it was an extremely salty and vengeful Mango with beast mode flipped on. Plus he only played Link for one match.

rhan

Smash Hero
You fell for the most simple basic **** Mango did. And Mango's Link was beyond terrible. A better Link could do much more damage.

But yeah Dreamland helps Ganon more I think when it comes to recovery.

Linguini

Smash Master
Yeah yl is cake for ganon, you can eat his projectiles with your moves and once you hit him the little fvcker goes flying. Plus his recovery is pretty trash.

Link is def. harder for ganon, I would put it at about even. but very few links actually know the matchup well.

Got a tournament next weekend with colbol, hungrybox, and the rest of FL. Been training so expect ****!

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Yeah yl is cake for ganon, you can eat his projectiles with your moves.
Wait, I know the arrows and boomerangs can be nullified with Ganon's attacks. But can you attack the bombs too without getting punished?! In all of my experiences, the bombs go off on me if I touch them at all.

Iroh is the only Young Link experience I've had. I beat it 95% of the time as Ganon. But most of the matches were close. The hero of time... what a pesky little kid, loved hearing his battlecry as he lost a stock.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Wait, I know the arrows and boomerangs can be nullified with Ganon's attacks. But can you attack the bombs too without getting punished?! In all of my experiences, the bombs go off on me if I touch them at all.

Iroh is the only Young Link experience I've had. I beat it 95% of the time as Ganon. But most of the matches were close. The hero of time... what a pesky little kid, loved hearing his battlecry as he lost a stock.
That's why you can grab the bombs too, Ganon's throw is amazing. I mean why not use Link/YL tools to force a better approach if there's really nothing you can do... I find that it's easier to bait stuff when you have a bomb in your hands. It's kinda like the Peach matchup.

Top Bottom