• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
My set with Linguini at Pound 5 was basically this:

Game 1 - I tried to treat him like Kage, RockCrock, etc. But Linguini never threw out any moves. He just kept sitting in shield and attacking OOS or shield grabbing whenever I did... stuff. So I lost by like 1-stock. Stage was Yoshi's Story.

Game 2 - I needle camp him on FD. Easy 2-stock because Ganon literally cannot do anything about it.

Game 3 - I needle camp him on Pokemon. Easy 3-stock because Ganon literally cannot do anything about it.

edit:

I was playing super awful in that pool, though, so I probably could have lost if he had picked Battlefield or FoD (or something). Basically anywhere where needle camping is less effective and doesn't beat Ganon for free.

Linguini

Smash Master
so whos the tech happy ganonof 2011?
LOL tommay where you been son?! I was in ny during june...next time I head up there we gotta kick it.

KK you have a good memory haha I don't remember any details from that set. Ganon can get around needle camping so you're wrong about that, but I understand why you would think that from prior experience. I didn't really adapt to your camping at that time like I should have.

basically we gotta run that back and play again at the next big tourney when we're both not playing shatty. :cool:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
@Kage

Yeah I know it sucks.

@Linguini

I'm not sure how needle camping can be worked around by Ganon but I'm down to play so sure whenever we're at the same tourney let's do it.

I don't really use them much vs Kage 'cuz I can just toss my moves at his moves and then I'll combo to grab but that doesn't (didn't?) work so much vs you 'cuz you just block (or wait) and generally use faster moves (you use way more up air than any other Ganon and it's really good).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
norcal is looking forward to a young link vs ganondorf grand finals this weekend

pray for us that it happens.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Tech happy I'd say most def spider sense. That guy is technical with ganon. He does alot of unnecessary tech skill, just for flash, that doesn't hurt him.

Also Renth, I'm curious to see what you've come up with. Especially if you're able to implement application with them particularly.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's pretty self-explanatory. You just charge and throw needles so he jumps, moves towards you, blocks, or commits in some other way. Then you punish accordingly.

Only works on big levels because otherwise he can get in your face too quickly and there won't be any ground behind you (which you need for move-back spacing to prepare your counterattacks and punishes).

It's really easy. It's probably not as good as I'm making it sound but honestly the trick to it is to do it less than you think you need to. Her projectile is not for damage at all. Its only purpose is to bait some kind of action that Sheik has an obvious counter for.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya that's basically SF 4 tactics right there. Kinda like Akuma.

But ya I noticed in SF 4, my main weakness IS dealing with fireballs and grabs. I always get grabbed and I always notice it 1 second too late so I fail to tech. lol. It's the same in smash and im not exactly sure what to do. =( It's something I can't really react to. And the fireballs.. well, it's like laser, what the hell do you do to approach properly.. Even if someone explains I still don't get it. lol.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
yeah, eikelmann and qlex are definitely under the radar ganon players, and they're pretty damn good
<333 Thank you. I loved our dittos! Please come to the east coast for a tournament. :)

In time my son, you will conquer.
I'm moving to Orlando soon, so I'll be playing every week and hopefully I'll become the player I wish to be.

ThatsPM

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, not really into competitive play (well I still haven't been in any), but I've been learning some advanced techniques. I learned shffl, wavedash and dash dance rather easily, but there's some techniques I just can't do, like wavedashing back to stage, most chain grabs, some edge guarding stuff , etc.

I looked a bit for some guides around here, but most seem lost/deleted. I watched some videos on youtube (none were ganon only), and combo videos (but it's too fast to understand anything).

Can anyone help me out?

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Wavedashing on stage is hella hard. The way I do it is move the stick away from the stage just slightly off the centre. Like 1/8 of an inch and then slam it towards. Practice doing it without the wavedash. Go to temple since it has a ledge you can **** up on and not die. Chaingrabing is also extremely hard. It requires a lot of techskill and hard reads. You probably won't be able to do it on reaction.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Guys, I dunno about you but I can certainly remember when I first started playing Ganon, and that was something that took a little while to perfect.

It's easy now, even to do them into pivot jabs at this point, but still I can understand where they're coming from.

Renth

Smash Hero
Guys, I dunno about you but I can certainly remember when I first started playing Ganon, and that was something that took a little while to perfect.

It's easy now, even to do them into pivot jabs at this point, but still I can understand where they're coming from.
we're just clowning around zane :p

edit: I'm teaming with Eikelman at Apex.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Plank just stop jumping on platforms so much lol

And combo aerial > grab a lot

Aerial needles count as an aerial

When I first started the main thing I absolutely wanted to be good at was WD. In all its forms. OOS, out of dash, varying its lengths... I thought WD was so cool.

In hindsight that was a very good decision lololol.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I just made a stunning connection that Eikelmann is Cash Mooney.

This sheds a whole new light on his posts lol

ThatsPM

Smash Rookie
Wavedashing on stage is hella hard. The way I do it is move the stick away from the stage just slightly off the centre. Like 1/8 of an inch and then slam it towards. Practice doing it without the wavedash. Go to temple since it has a ledge you can **** up on and not die. Chaingrabing is also extremely hard. It requires a lot of techskill and hard reads. You probably won't be able to do it on reaction.
Very helpful info, thank you! I can do the edge jump back on stage almost consistently (going to keep on practicing lol). I tried adding the wavelanding but to no avail, I just shield... (I don't see much time/space to waveland either...).

As for the chaingrabs, the guide LoOshKiN provided is pretty good, and I'll get some help from the sticky as well..!

Renth

Smash Hero
Wow Eikelmann you **** *****es up. For some reason I thought you were from Quebec. Also holy **** your dittos. Best Ganon dittos ever. You guys have amazing techskill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia5mBd2sCwE
I think I can post some better ganon dittos than those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5dMAAMAhN4 Me Vs. RockCrock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVHIltgrUZ8&feature=related Me Vs. Linguini.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKGWd5sz0Uo me vs. RockCrock again.

These matches are quite old

Top Bottom