• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If in the first place you managed to hit someone with a dair ledge cancel, you might as well dair again and then techchase or strong hit uair/nair/grab. You don't want to keep them on-stage, you want them off-stage. Uair resets won't happen often I can tell you that, there's simply barely any situations where you would be able to do that. I just so happen to get it because the bair into uair reset linked and then the backair after linked again for a 3 hit combo. And it's only at low % that a backair into uair will link.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
what if the first dair hit up, then the 2nd dair edge canceled into a uair reset into fair. thatd be a siiiiiick combo

Superspright

Smash Lord
I know it's impractical--but possible. Even two uairs can be chained together quickly with an edge-cancel and lead to a tipman forced getup. They have to di downward I would imagine though. A lot of things are TECHNICALLY possible. If you mess around enough you can discover niche things, but that's all they are--niche. I wasn't really proposing this stuff happens all match. Maybe once every 3 stocks you get off a nice edge-cancel. I do think that edge-canceling while facing the ledge is nice. You can do dair to jab/pivot jab, or bair to pivot jab/ftilt, especially if you cancel it on an active hitbox frame, they'll be stuck in shield-- so maybe JC grab is better.

Or um, dair ledgecanceled to uair is nice if they meteor cancel everything. FF the uair and you can sweep the side of the stage very quickly. It's pretty fast. It's also a good mindgame I suppose to use the dair at the wrong time, just for the edgecanceled uair/bair/dair/fair, etc. All his options are too good when someone is trying to sweetspot.

what if the first dair hit up, then the 2nd dair edge canceled into a uair reset into fair. thatd be a siiiiiick combo
If the opponent was grounded at about 0% you could perhaps hit them with the dair, sweetspot the edge-canceled dair right before their tech window when they bounce back up, then they should go on the platform above them, tipman reset, then fair? Sounds brutal as hell. That's gotta be like a 60 damage combo almost. Human probably can't do that, or it's super situational.

One thing I did notice is, it's super duper easy to edge-cancel on BF. Perfect wavelanding the top platform makes it easy. If Ganon is facing left wave landing backward just press left before you go off and do an aerial. Vice versa applies [facing right wavelanding backward]. It's harder the other way [going forward], because you have to change your di the frame you fall off otherwise you just barely miss it. It's possible, but weird.

Oh and P.S. if you don't FF the chained uairs it ac's on the last one. Soooo, that's pretty good.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol somehow I can't see that happening unless the upair was a turnaround upair from the platform.. also called lovezone right?

Normally when I dair someone off-stage they die 99% of the time. lol.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Lol somehow I can't see that happening unless the upair was a turnaround upair from the platform.. also called lovezone right?

Normally when I dair someone off-stage they die 99% of the time. lol.
Really? Can you teach me how to do that? Because I dair people off stage all day. They ALWAYS meteor cancel, or some shenanigans. At least good people I play. Bad people die.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Really? Can you teach me how to do that? Because I dair people off stage all day. They ALWAYS meteor cancel, or some shenanigans. At least good people I play. Bad people die.
Is that so? Everyone says that Ganon's Dair is easy to meteor but on my side when I try I can never get it. I'm only be able to tech on the wall if I get Daired usually by Ganon. If they cant tech I usually just dair them and they die.. maybe I have super dair powers but even if they try to Up B after, they can't reach the ledge or I just edgehog/dair again if they can reach the edge. It's rare though. Maybe its the timing I do it with, I do the dair pretty late in the animation, maybe that helps? When people tell ME that they are able to meteor cancel and survive Ganon's Dair, I usually laugh it off and I daired them... they die too.. however they try and it's funny to me.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Well I play my friend's jiggly. Quite annoying--very good at crossovers and just good pressure, and I still kinda blow at wavedashing out of shield. Every single time I dair that ****ing puff it just jump meteor cancels. I had to get dirty on it one day and dair ledge-cancel ff dair [i recovered]. I was so sick of the meteor cancels after a while. But it seemed to be the only way my dair would finish off the puff. I have a lot of problem killing the puff, and I shouldn't.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Dair is a pretty effective way to spike your opponent. Just make sure you're doing it within a range that you can either A. Grab the ledge before they meteor it, or B. To the point that they can't even grab the ledge at all.

I invented a way to stop them from recovering, even if they meteor it. It mainly works in Ganon dittos, however, if you dair them, rather than doing another dair, throw out an uair instead, and it'll semi spike them. It's really effective.

Umm, no wonder lol. Puff auto meteor cancels. :p

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Downthrow into fair is very hard for Jiggs to DI, if they DI behind the downthrow then you can bair. Or the classic downthrow/upsmash at 40-50%, it auto-kills puff if you land it properly.

Ya jiggs is probably the only character where I'll never really spike her, it's much easier to kill her from the top or from the sides. Instead of going for a drop dair, I would go instead for backair or fair for sure.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Yes. At high percents, a grab generally means a kill. You can either bair, uair, or dair out of down throw depending on their DI.

Watch out for crouching, though. Ganon gets ***** by Jiggs crouch.
Fortunately he doesn't crouch--so I have no experience with the gayness that is her crouch--all I can hit with is like dtilt, and ftilt right? God. I hate jiggly. But I'll avoid dair spike unless he's at least at 100%.

Superspright

Smash Lord
If you read a roll to the ledge at low percents (or near) you can do dair to upsmash. scream get the **** afterward if you charge it a little for the **** hitbox.

Oh, and if you are having trouble shield-dropping through platforms try this: crouch as fast as you can on a platform (you have to push it down ever so slightly, but quickly). Do not drop through the platform. Once you can learn how to sweetspot a crouch like that, you can shielddrop. It's oddly the same timing/threshold. This was probably pointed out before though.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Oh ya I did that once, I daired.. and then waveland into a top platform, charge my upsmash and at the same time power-up with a warcry, and then let everything loose when the upsmash KO.

So up angled f-tilt into upair? Hmm.. I wonder how that would work, maybe off the ledge ya that could work well. Dropzone upair with Ganon is ****ing amazing seriously, it covers sooo much.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Kage, I'm waiting for my buddy DanteFox to upload a bunch of videos. I know you're going to love them. Powershield -> Jab too good man.

Every tournament I go to I'm going to be holding a shield button before plugging in my controller for that reason alone.

warlock-don-mia24

Smash Journeyman
Oh ya I did that once, I daired.. and then waveland into a top platform, charge my upsmash and at the same time power-up with a warcry, and then let everything loose when the upsmash KO.

So up angled f-tilt into upair? Hmm.. I wonder how that would work, maybe off the ledge ya that could work well. Dropzone upair with Ganon is ****ing amazing seriously, it covers sooo much.[/QUOTEsay like someone is on the top platform or in the air f-tlit is going to knock them back alot then up-air then if they r off the stage then down air sorry i didnt explain it like that early

warlock-don-mia24

Smash Journeyman
u miss good **** stanford that was the biggiest tounrament we had of the year but u prolly dont check us michigan people out but kail the ganon main from here said that he played u in dittio at one of the pound tounrament

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Downthrow into fair is very hard for Jiggs to DI, if they DI behind the downthrow then you can bair. Or the classic downthrow/upsmash at 40-50%, it auto-kills puff if you land it properly.
What do you mean by properly? Is this combo is inescapable? I just picked up Ganon so I'm still learning a lot.

Also when I grab Marth at 0% what is the optimal punish?

Top Bottom