• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Make Falcon Higher on the Tier List

Player-3

Smash Hero
Falcon deserves to raise a few spots. Maybe 2 or 3. Nothing more.

All Falcon has is Uair, Uair, Uair and Jabs, Grabs and Downthrow.

And that awesome Falcon Knee. However small the hitbox may be.

Face it. Falcon is horrible.

Falcon dittos however, are the best thing about Brawl.

Strange world we live in, eh?
He has more than that.... stereotypes...

he wont move more than above ganondorf.

downthrow is overrated imo

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
so is uthrow
Utilt is DEFINENENENENENNENENENENEENENTLY underrated.

Uthrow = Dthrow

Both need mindgames to follow up after..
Dthrow sends the opponent less far away from you, giving them less time to DI/react on your follow up, so in that sense, Dthrow is better, but when you look at the facts, they are the same (although one does more damage tahn the other)

Then Falcon is underrated...
No, he's not.
Falcons Utilt is a good move, but, alone, not good enough to put him above ganon. (Nor anyone else).

Player-3

Smash Hero

Uthrow = Dthrow

Both need mindgames to follow up after..
Dthrow sends the opponent less far away from you, giving them less time to DI/react on your follow up, so in that sense, Dthrow is better, but when you look at the facts, they are the same (although one does more damage tahn the other)
i like uthrow more because of the height it give you... i prefer aerial combat to grounded with falcon everyday all day

Zeallyx

i like uthrow more because of the height it give you... i prefer aerial combat to grounded with falcon everyday all day
Dthrow gets the opponent airbourne, too.
And, like I said before, in this case more hight = more distance = longer time to react = more likely they will dodge.
And they will dodge.

Brawl+ is too good.

Zeallyx

if you want tech skill play Melee

brawl plus ruins some characters.
Brawl+ requires more tech skill than brawl. Thats the only point I wanted to get across.
And just out of cutiousity (as i am interested in brawl+), wich characters are 'ruined'?

And also, normal brawl ruins some characters, too :p (falcon)

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Brawl+ requires more tech skill than brawl. Thats the only point I wanted to get across.
And just out of cutiousity (as i am interested in brawl+), wich characters are 'ruined'?

And also, normal brawl ruins some characters, too :p (falcon)
When you think about it, all Smash Bros. games ruin alot of characters. Seriously, who do you think would win in a fight: Ganondorf or Pichu? It's obviously way in Ganon's favor but smash makes them nearly even. Eew. That's why it doesn't make real sense that Olimar, a little bug-size space man, can put up such a great fight against Captain Falcon or anyone else in Brawl.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I don't know what the debate is.

there is none if you think about it. You just gave a statement about looking into Brawl+

The mods have an entire section dedicated to Brawl+

If you want to discuss Brawl+, take it there.

The link above says:

» Smash World Forums » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » Brawl Character Discussion » Captain Falcon
» How To Make Falcon Higher on the Tier List

so discuss how to make Falcon higher on the tier list.

Not Brawl+

Thank you

_fenrir_

Smash Rookie
I don't know what the debate is.

there is none if you think about it. You just gave a statement about looking into Brawl+

The mods have an entire section dedicated to Brawl+

If you want to discuss Brawl+, take it there.

The link above says:

» Smash World Forums » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » Brawl Character Discussion » Captain Falcon
» How To Make Falcon Higher on the Tier List

so discuss how to make Falcon higher on the tier list.

Not Brawl+

Thank you
more results, more techniques, solutions around character specifics, stage tips!!!

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
The only reason Falcon is bottem tier is because he is so manly that the tier list doesn't know what to do so it puts him at bottem, I'm surprised it even allowed him to be on it actually, It's kinda like dividing by zero, except with Captain Falcon

I think Issac Newtons classic equation explains it best.

Captain Falcon = MC squared

Jeet Kune Do

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon as a character (Not Brawl+...) is actually not that bad. He does have plenty of options and I think that even after a year of Brawl being out, people completely underestimate him simply because he got "worse" than he was in Melee. Bah.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Falcon kick is not a very good approach, and remember jab is pretty good because it sets up grabs really well. Dash attack is a good lag punisher but it can get him grabbed to easily. I like uair to jab a lot.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Jab is fairly good but the thing is we need to get a solid approach. I am making some discoveries with a hacked Wii for Jigglypuff, I hope you can do the same.
Im not understanding what does the hacked debugged wii do for you? I have one and would love to help but what does this do again?

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
The approach I think of is auto cancel D air, has no lag bounces off the shield if you miss but I mean if your fighting someone with good grab range then they could still get you Meta knight's filthy self >=o
My bad for double post how do you delete the other one?

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Im not understanding what does the hacked debugged wii do for you? I have one and would love to help but what does this do again?
With a hacked Wii, you can use codes to go into debug mode, which is frame-by-frame I believe, so you can find precise frame data very easily. And it's more complicated than it sounds :psycho: well hacking your Wii at least.

The approach I think of is auto cancel D air, has no lag bounces off the shield if you miss but I mean if your fighting someone with good grab range then they could still get you Meta knight's filthy self >=o
My bad for double post how do you delete the other one?
You can't delete the other post, just edit your first one in the future.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
With a hacked Wii, you can use codes to go into debug mode, which is frame-by-frame I believe, so you can find precise frame data very easily. And it's more complicated than it sounds :psycho: well hacking your Wii at least.
Not really, because I "don't"* have a guide on how to easily hack your Wii which I would not* give you if you asked me.

*Legal issues.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Not really, because I "don't"* have a guide on how to easily hack your Wii which I would not* give you if you asked me.

*Legal issues.
Oh I know how not to hack a Wii and all, but isn't that what the debug codes do?

And I can't hack mine at least right now, my whole family uses it and I don't want to void the warranty because my little sister likes throwing things.

Top Bottom