• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Make Falcon Higher on the Tier List

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Do ya mean getting hit?

I punish low percent fortresses with knees, now the bowser's I play don't fortress till I'm at 40% or higher.
No, although I never thought of that. I meant if a Bowser recovers onstage with it, or maybe uses it onstage and doesn't hit you, like the fortress went onstage instead of grabbing the ledge, and when I saw that I hit B, and I punched Bowser as he was recovering from the lag.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Liar

Falcon Punch outprioritizes tornado, and reverse punches outprioritize rolls. And rolls don't even have hitboxes.

Oh, and Falcon Punch outprioritizes every non-invincible frame of the shuttle loop, too.
Not to mention that it legitimately outprioritizes Marth's F-smash, lol.

back on topic, does anyone here have brawl+ and can actually take this data?

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
FF Nair CAN shield poke but you need to "master" it to use it on comand

Fourth thing: Falcon connot rely on a solid approach, start using more mindgames. Learn to dash-dance, pivot, PWG, Boost PWG to mix up HOW you approach rather than WHAT you approach with

catch my drift?
What? Honestly, I've never once had N-air shield poke, I must try this. The only anti-shield aerial approach I ever use is U-air, it has good shield push back and you can easily punish spot dodges by fast falling it and jabbing.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
actually I'v been thinking about how to implement the most epic move into my game......neutral B

and I think it's a safe approach if you SH-->reverse it when you opponent is near the edge. Because a reversed Falcon punch has soo much air-manipulation you can roll-chase your opponent who will (likely) roll away from the edge at the sound of "FALCON--" and if they don't roll into you or do somthing stupid, you can just DI off stage and ledgecamp to safety.

I think we should start applying gay MK tactics to Falcon. Like for me I ABUSE jabs........I literally spam them like a tornado, I also spam Utilt cause it's so strong and quick......and of-coarse Uair. I like to stall and Plank with Falcon......it's gay I don't have fun but in tournaments where everyone is playing to win.....you have to do what you have to do.

Player-3

Smash Hero
actually I'v been thinking about how to implement the most epic move into my game......neutral B

and I think it's a safe approach if you SH-->reverse it when you opponent is near the edge. Because a reversed Falcon punch has soo much air-manipulation you can roll-chase your opponent who will (likely) roll away from the edge at the sound of "FALCON--" and if they don't roll into you or do somthing stupid, you can just DI off stage and ledgecamp to safety.

I think we should start applying gay MK tactics to Falcon. Like for me I ABUSE jabs........I literally spam them like a tornado, I also spam Utilt cause it's so strong and quick......and of-coarse Uair. I like to stall and Plank with Falcon......it's gay I don't have fun but in tournaments where everyone is playing to win.....you have to do what you have to do.
or on FD, do a FH delayed RFP, easier to roll chase because you have more momentum

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975

Spam jab, spam u-tilt, spam u-air...
Spam reverse Falcon Punch?
That sounds a lot like me D=
Except you probably do it 9001x better.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Spamming fair doesn't work too well for me -_- I may use you guys' strategies. Lol I'm still recovering from a bout of Marth.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Spam jab, spam u-tilt, spam u-air...
Spam reverse Falcon Punch?
That sounds a lot like me D=
Except you probably do it 9001x better.
yep. except the punch. I was just putting an idea up in the air. But if you think MK is gay then just apply his tactics to Falcon. With Sonic I usually camp with spin-charge (down B) if my opponent has no Sonic experience.

Planking and other gay MK strats are effective with Falcon.

Also I have a method of keeping people juggled in air. I read an interview with M2K about how he juggles his opponents; he spaces Uair and FFs it when the opponent is coming back to land, then charges a Dsmash to cover the opponents options.

the same can be applied to Falcon, and because Falcon's Uair also has next to no lag. This becomes a VERY effective strategy

EDIT: Fair is a good approach because it combo's into jabs............actual combo folks, frame data supports it

Wogrim

Smash Lord
yep. except the punch. I was just putting an idea up in the air. But if you think MK is gay then just apply his tactics to Falcon. With Sonic I usually camp with spin-charge (down B) if my opponent has no Sonic experience.

Planking and other gay MK strats are effective with Falcon.

Also I have a method of keeping people juggled in air. I read an interview with M2K about how he juggles his opponents; he spaces Uair and FFs it when the opponent is coming back to land, then charges a Dsmash to cover the opponents options.

the same can be applied to Falcon, and because Falcon's Uair also has next to no lag. This becomes a VERY effective strategy

EDIT: Fair is a good approach because it combo's into jabs............actual combo folks, frame data supports it
[post]5645313[/post]
[post]5647282[/post]
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5647400

Dang I'm good?

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
thanks for the last link that was really helpful
Ayaz, when you were talking about M2K, which character is that? Metaknight?

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
**** you Wogrim and your insane amount of logic!

but yeah, I think we should pretty much follow what Wogrim initially said regarding baiting air dodges.

and regarding to the topic........... WE NEED MOAR TOURNAMENT PLACINGS!!!!!

i'm actually going to a tournament soon (Finally) and hope to bump Falcon up on the ranking list.....wish me luck!

EDIT: yeah M2K was talking about MK

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Good luck Ayaz!

For now, my job is here developing, gathering and organizing information to help fellow Falcon mains. I am still making a decision regarding whether or not to start attending the big tournaments. I agree that we need more placings and there seem to be a ton of new 'recruits' to the Falcon boards... ...not sure how many of them can help with that task though...

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah ayaz ive been going to small little tournys and placing top 18.... i just cant place top 8 due to bracket ****..

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
I'll place top 8 soon... I know it.. :D

I probably would have done better last time if I didn't get totally ***** by DK :(

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah I don't ****ing care......i'm getting top 8

I got gayd last time by Shiri's Yoshi...........it's REALLY good
yeah yoshis a ***** if the persons good

i got gayed by a sheik (****ing ftilt... i still barely lost because soon as i got him in the air it was rapesauce) and then by a D3.... i hate chaingrabbing...

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I got top 8 with Falcon at a small insignificant tournament =P
That I hosted... xD
With only 27 people playing =/

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Did I mention there wasn't a single Metaknight or Snake at that tournament?
Hahaha...
And there were some little 7th grade b-spammers =3 They're so cute.
But seriously though. I'd definitely like to join some more tournaments, but I'm not allowed to pretty much until I move out =(
Which could be like 7-10 years xD

Player-3

Smash Hero
Did I mention there wasn't a single Metaknight or Snake at that tournament?
Hahaha...
And there were some little 7th grade b-spammers =3 They're so cute.
But seriously though. I'd definitely like to join some more tournaments, but I'm not allowed to pretty much until I move out =(
Which could be like 7-10 years xD
Your in australia, i dont blame you for not being able to rep

next tournament i have a falcon ditto to settle with a guy named Dynomite.. he has a decent wario, and i paunched him infront of his friends and he wants revenge

gonna 3 stock dat ho

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Your in australia, i dont blame you for not being able to rep

next tournament i have a falcon ditto to settle with a guy named Dynomite.. he has a decent wario, and i paunched him infront of his friends and he wants revenge

gonna 3 stock dat ho
There are plenty of tourneys around here, the problem's just that school work is much more important right now. When I get to Uni and have more free time I'll be able to get more serious and hopefully I'll be able to rep Falcon more =3

Player-3

Smash Hero
There are plenty of tourneys around here, the problem's just that school work is much more important right now. When I get to Uni and have more free time I'll be able to get more serious and hopefully I'll be able to rep Falcon more =3
go for it bro

people will respect you.... unless you do horribad.. in which case........

do better ;D

The Cunning Weasel

Smash Master
Captain Manly is better than Ganondorf. What other character calls out a move? Falcon Paunch! Seriously though, I think Captain Falcon is better than Ganondorf. The Knee of Justice is too epic although it is harder to land. I'm hoping Captain Awesome will move up in the tier list as Ganondorf is arguably the worst character in Brawl.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
Captain Manly is better than Ganondorf. What other character calls out a move? Falcon Paunch! Seriously though, I think Captain Falcon is better than Ganondorf. The Knee of Justice is too epic although it is harder to land. I'm hoping Captain Awesome will move up in the tier list as Ganondorf is arguably the worst character in Brawl.
i actually think ganondorf is better but ganon is gay

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I dunno, Captain Falcon wears tights. He also has a pink outfit. Not gay per se but more gay than Ganondorf...

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Speaking of gimping, use Falcon Dive to gimp a Peach at all times. I think that would hold true for all other characters with a counter, though. Perhaps. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Whenever I try to gimp my sister's Peach she uses Toad and I die =.="

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Results would be nice but nobody wants to main him now because of his position. Thanks alot for the vicious cycle, tier list!

.Marik

is a social misfit
Falcon deserves to raise a few spots. Maybe 2 or 3. Nothing more.

All Falcon has is Uair, Uair, Uair and Jabs, Grabs and Downthrow.

And that awesome Falcon Knee. However small the hitbox may be.

Face it. Falcon is horrible.

Falcon dittos however, are the best thing about Brawl.

Strange world we live in, eh?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Falcon deserves to raise a few spots. Maybe 2 or 3. Nothing more.

All Falcon has is Uair, Uair, Uair and Jabs, Grabs and Downthrow.

And that awesome Falcon Knee. However small the hitbox may be.

Face it. Falcon is horrible.

Falcon dittos however, are the best thing about Brawl.

Strange world we live in, eh?
I only wish this were true but he is so fun to play with.

Top Bottom