• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How to do the Infinite/Wobbling

SLH

Smash Journeyman
i'm having trouble getting nana to actually sync up right with popo. more often than not, she tilts too early/late or even at the exact same time as popo.

someone help this IC noob :(

NewGuy24

Smash Rookie
It's figured out by people having a "lightbulb" moment in their head or they just see something in a match that looks like it can be the best move in the game if used right.

And the infinite might be cheap, but it's so fun to make people mad at you and start calling you cheap and you're just sitting their laughing your head off.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
LOL. I recently just got the infinite down. I feel so bad when I do it to my friends so I let them go after about 30%.

Of course I have a friend that plays Samus and he loves to shoot missile so if I get my mittens on him. It's to 999.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
LOL. I recently just got the infinite down. I feel so bad when I do it to my friends so I let them go after about 30%.

Of course I have a friend that plays Samus and he loves to shoot missile so if I get my mittens on him. It's to 999.
When i learn (which i´m training for) the infinite perfecly, I´ll only use it at tourneys against better players for teh win^^

§Maverick§

Smash Journeyman
I just Love the infinite. I did it to a friend who is way better than me and he was saying: "Infinite? you can break free if you just mash buttons like crazy" When i did it he was like: "OMG!! O_O OMG!! IMPOSIBLE!! 300% NOOO" That felt really good. Thanks Wobbles.

Marth_marth

Smash Cadet
Wobbles you rule because i main fox and am really good with him but sometimes i play my scrub friends who say ice climbers stink and now that i can desynch and just leaerned wobbling i can woop there butts. thnx

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
There's been another thread about the infinite, and there probably will be more unless we sticky this. Please?

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Double please. I swear if I see another infinite thread I'm going to report the user...

Wait, aren't you a mod now?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Just a BRoom member, N1c2k3.

Dynamic; there's not really a point to knowing how to freeze glitch, but people still ask. This is just to keep people from making lots of threads about it.

It's also not banned yet, so there's still a demand ^_^

Smasher89

Smash Lord
It seems like that, It´s even being banned at RoS4 ;_;, hopefully it will not be banned in teams, since there´s no reason to ban it in 3vs4/4vs4, teammates might save those getting wobbled

Ayaame

Smash Cadet
Theres no reason to ban this move >.> it's harder than it looks to get that initial desynch going. Plus, its not like its THAT strong x.x if this is banned, ban Fox's shine spike + infinites, they kill from 0. And any other move that can kill from 0 for that matter, cuz when you think about it, that's all the infinite is... just a flashy low % kill xD

If it *MUST* be banned, they should only ban it with the F-tilt, since i think someone said that there is still room to escape on the D-tilt, which makes it only a pseudo-infinite :/

Anyways, how I learned this was I synced up my button pressing to the song "This Calling" by All That Remains (its at 200-210ish bpm) and now I can wobble perfectly :D every time i go to do it, i just 'sing' the song in my head and go from there. So, I suggest everyone find a song that's easy to remember and is at 200 bpm (there's lots in metal music >.>;;; FTW!) if you're still trying to learn ;)

BTW: Excellent thread wobbles ^^ this is one of the greatest tricks for ICs, and puts them on-par with the other high-top tiers :D

Zodiac

Smash Master
Awesome wobbles, i've been wanting to know how to do this for a while.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, I never knew how to do this, I'll try it out next time I have people over. :)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Ah this is like 9,000 times easier than i had expected it to be. When I first tried I couldn't get it started with the f tilt, but the d-tilt worked like a charm. I use it on annoying peaches in friendlies sometime lol

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I had trouble with the f-tilt for some reason, but I found the d-tilt much easier. You don't even need to time it very well. If you go on youtube and search *ice climbers infinite* theres like a 42 second video of it. Just lsiten to the hammer hits and you can sort of do it by ear each time.

You only really need to get it right once to know how to time it.

Smash Master
Does anybody know any good songs (I'll listen to pretty much anything) that run at 200 bpm. I think that would help me get the rhythm in my head.

Edit: Oops, missed that other post on page seven. Oh, well. Anybody know any other ones. Perhaps we could make a list.

IC's for God tier.

Re-edit. Holy **** Wobbles and I have the same post count.

Sssurivad

Smash Apprentice
Do you have to desynch the IC's first? Because I've been practicing with it from normal standing and I can't get it, but the dtilt works better for me out of just standing.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
You need to give it a moment after you land the grab for Nana to end her grabbing animation. After that, you can hit A to headbutt and get it started; otherwise the hits won't be timed properly.

And no, you don't have to de-sync while grabbing. Just get a normal grab, wait for a moment for Nana's grab to end, then start it up.

You know, this is actually pretty important... I'm going to update the first post.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
You want to tilt it during the first headbutt, but not so extremely that you f-smash with Nana.

Top Bottom