• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How to do the Infinite/Wobbling

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Is there a certain percent where wobbling is guaranteed? i sometimes get the grab at early percents (around 15-30%) and they mash out. I heard someone say that its guaranteed at 40%+

LeadRod

Smash Apprentice
NNID
420B-LAZE-IT!!
Can CPUs DI out of it properly? Because everyone says wobbling is really hard but I figured it out against lvl 9 CPUs in like 20min. I'm kinda confused.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
you can't DI a wobble.
But yeah, it's way easier on CPUs than in real play because you can just kind of do it to computers since they are stupid.

in real play your opponent does things like move unpredictably, space moves correctly, separate you from nana, and just actually try to avoid getting grabbed.
Against real players the hard part is the setup, because the ICs don't actually have a big grab range, so you really have to mix up the way you do it unless you just get a straight hard read.

Also keep in mind, you can't start a correctly wobble from any random grab, especially at low percent.
It's a pretty tight window to start a wobble that cannot be escaped.

Last edited:

Noobly

Smash Rookie
Mk so I am an IC main who had to stop playing for a while and although I know the set up for the infinite I cant seem to hit the right rhythm for some reason. I have tried most rhythms between 180-240 bpm but consistently when practicing vs a default 20XX bowser bot in training mode that I practice the wobble on, it gets launched at 365-390% (when starting at 300%) which is about the same as when I just straight up mash. I have confirmed via multiple bpm measuring sites that I can keep a relatively consistent bpm (+/- 1-5 bpm at most in divination). Any ideas or tips on what I could be doing wrong?

Last edited:

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Mk so I am an IC main who had to stop playing for a while and although I know the set up for the infinite I cant seem to hit the right rhythm for some reason. I have tried most rhythms between 180-240 bpm but consistently when practicing vs a default 20XX bowser bot in training mode that I practice the wobble on, it gets launched at 365-390% (when starting at 300%) which is about the same as when I just straight up mash. I have confirmed via multiple bpm measuring sites that I can keep a relatively consistent bpm (+/- 1-5 bpm at most in divination). Any ideas or tips on what I could be doing wrong?
You may be Wobbling too quickly, or you may not be letting Nana's grab animation finish before you start buffering f-tilts.
If you need help with timing, tap the A button in sync with this song. It's around 180bpm.
Watch other Icies Wobble if you need help with the visual cues.

Last edited:

Noobly

Smash Rookie
@ Myougi Myougi probably shoulda said this sooner but thanks for the help, finally got it down (tho I never quite found out the real issue I was having). And to anyone who is trying to get their bpm down I found that you can look up "X bpm jogging songs" and there will be sites dedicated to finding songs at your desired bpm, that helped a lot tho I don't think I will ever get Kryptonite outta my head now. :/

KarkemX

Smash Rookie
what do you guys think is better, freeze glitch or wobbling. and by the way why is freeze glitch banned if wobbling is not? my top four characters are
Main: samus
second: IC ftw
third: fox
forth: ness
i picked these 4 either because of a glitch or becuase of brokenness ie. fox. but now i can own up with IC. great thread
The freeze glitch is banned because sometimes characters can be frozen in the air and be frozen for the rest of the match where as with wobbling their is no potential for it deciding a game just a stock.

Top Bottom