• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How to do the Infinite/Wobbling

1nfern0x

Smash Rookie
ive got my timing down for the infinite finally. but im only hitting 1 time per 2 hits, didnt even know it was possible to do otherwise.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
If you're really doing the infinite and it's really infinite, then you hit once for every hit. If a hit doesn't connect, it's not infinite because that gives them time to break out.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
I've been away from here for a while, but, uh, can someone explain why this thing is being called Wobbling, when it's been around for so long?

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Buddha, I think it's mostly because Wobbles was the first really good player to abuse it. At NCT2.....let's just say he got a lot of attention when wobbling everyone in his pool. Plus...it just fits so well...Wobbling...

Impp

Smash Ace
Anyone got evidence of it being around for a long time??? Like a thread or something. That'd be cool to see. I'm surprised it's causing such a stir now if it's been around forever.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Check Undrdog's guide. The first post, the entirety of the guide, mentions the infinite and was last updated in 2005, anywhere from a year and a half to two years ago. So that's the LATEST it could have possibly been widely known about.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
Good guide for the infinite, very helpful. Also, good show on the EVO win. I'd love to see you win the whole thing.

LuCKy

Smash Master
ok everyone knows how to make nana smash while grabbing someone right i mean like make her charge a smash or do the blizzard its the same thing all you do is push a 1 time and while pop is headbutting do the tilt with nana and just time the a buttons to keep them desynched not to slow not to fast it just takes practice lol maybe wobbles or me could record our fingers doing the wobbles to help out everyone so you all can see how simple it is:) or come to my house and i could teach you

You

Smash Rookie
i suck compared to all of you...
i dont get any of this.
im an uber noob...

Melo-tone

Smash Cadet
lol. so freaking hilarious. I don't get why everyone is spazzing out about the infinite, just don't get grabbed lol. I was messing around with it a few minutes ago and got it down perfect. Only hard part was the tap speed, which is a medium pace about 126 bpm. idk, might be wrong I would need a metronome around me.

But yeah, good guide, I think wobbling should be banned, just people don't have to spaz out. I got to give you props for EVO, gj.

comoesa

Smash Cadet
LOL people are bithcing about that infinte but.......wobbles is noob for whoring it

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I really can't figure out why people say the infinite is so easy. I've been at it for hours and can't do it at a satisfactory level yet. I usually lose it between 30% and 80% (the opponent breaks free). When you time the button taps, are you tapping it at an even rate? Or is it slightly uneven to take into account Nana's input delay? Also, do you tap it at the same rate that you hear the attacks connect?

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I really can't figure out why people say the infinite is so easy. I've been at it for hours and can't do it at a satisfactory level yet. I usually lose it between 30% and 80% (the opponent breaks free). When you time the button taps, are you tapping it at an even rate? Or is it slightly uneven to take into account Nana's input delay? Also, do you tap it at the same rate that you hear the attacks connect?
Even rate. Ignore the sounds of the attacks, even if they start to sound uneven. You also might be going too fast. For a while I had a tendency to slowly increase the rate without really realizing it.

DoT_c0m

Smash Rookie
So wobbles uses the infinite as part of his strategy for winning, then do you think hed be as good if they banned it?
Im not criticising wobbles(ive seen him play, he pwns) im just saying.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
So wobbles uses the infinite as part of his strategy for winning, then do you think hed be as good if they banned it?
Im not criticising wobbles(ive seen him play, he pwns) im just saying.
Do you think Foxes would be as good if they couldn't shine?

pchoo

Smash Cadet
[edit 3]
Yeah actually apparently the BPM is somewhere around 200. I started from 160 BPM, following the beats the linked site had (up by 10 each) and sync'ing with 190 gets you about 300 damage before a lvl 1 computer (pikachu if that matters to you) breaks free. With 200 BPM (or at least the rhythm the site has for 200 BPM) I got to 999% (its actually really hard to sit still and tap for that long).

The next step up the site has is 225 and that's too fast (get about 100 damage).

http://www.visionmusic.com/metronome/200bpm.html <<200bpm
http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm << What are you tapping? Practice in class on arrow keys with thumb (AKA living the wobbles :S).

PS. When i say damage i mean damage from start point. So as Azn_Lep said, you have some range to play with, doesn't have to be exact to get them into dsmash range. I got pikachu around 45% (tlilt, fair, whatever, +/-10%) to make it easier to start. Also, uthrow barely KO's pikachu off the top even at 999%. FYI.

///ignore below\\\

I'm having trouble with teh wobbles, but only when I turn the sound on... the sound of the IC's hitting really throws me off b/c its a bit slow, but its hard to ignore... Maybe I'll get a recording of a wobbles beat and wear headphones everytime I play the IC's :D

/edit
-a site with metronomes midis (couldn't get firefox to run the midis, kept saying i needed quicktime, which i installed and it still said the same... but if you click on the image of the person with the notes you can dl the midi instead and play it off whatever).
http://www.visionmusic.com/metronome/150bpm.html

-a site that lets you measure your BPM by tapping any key. Mebbe someone could figure out a BPM that works for you? (or wobbles could give us a wobbles-beat). Or just to see what you're tapping... or to check out what kind of beat the water in my sink drips at... or to see if you're going too fast/slow. Lots of uses :)
http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

Both links originally from Wikipedia (Beats Per Minute article).

//edit2
er... yeah, all this to increase the nublet wobbling population. Maybe not such a great idea... hm. Ah wells. I guess i'm one of them-ish.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ICs should carry around metronomes to intimidate other players.

When someone walks around with a metronome going at 200bpm, you know the son of a ***** isn't messing around.

LMFAO!!! That was really really funny.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Would a metronome be legal according to the official rules?
Your opponent could probably complain that it's distracting. But if you just made an 8-minute mp3 of a 200 bpm click and wore headphones it should be legal. And there's no way they'd know what you were listening to anyway. I've seen Ken wearing headphones during matches.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
It wouldnt be easy to sync up the metronome to your wobbling though. It would either end up killing you trying to set up a synced up wobble, or it would screw you up during the wobble. But you could just...turn it on right when you start the wobble. If you're mad fast like that.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
It wouldnt be easy to sync up the metronome to your wobbling though. It would either end up killing you trying to set up a synced up wobble, or it would screw you up during the wobble. But you could just...turn it on right when you start the wobble. If you're mad fast like that.
It wouldn't need to be synced up. All you need to do is press A a certain time lapse between beats and be consistent about it. If you're half a beat off, then you hit A on the upbeat. Etc. The important thing is that a metronome would modulate your button-pressing rate, regardless of whether it were synced with the actual button presses.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
Shai Hulud said:
It wouldn't need to be synced up. All you need to do is press A a certain time lapse between beats and be consistent about it. If you're half a beat off, then you hit A on the upbeat. Etc. The important thing is that a metronome would modulate your button-pressing rate, regardless of whether it were synced with the actual button presses.
True, true. I couldnt do it though, im not that rhythmic really. Well..maybe..i dunno :rolleyes:

B4tt1enet

Smash Cadet
LOL that metronome idea is hilarious. but yeah it actually is pretty hard to keep a beat when you're pressured w/ ppl watching and stuff.. plus distractions and sound etc.

pchoo

Smash Cadet
Actually 200BPM is fast enough that after getting your wobbles going (ie. getting the F-tilt & grab attack desynced) you can just switch exactly to the beat of the metronome... If you're off a little bit at the beginning (you should only be off for one set of 'A' button taps) it won't matter very much since once you switch to the beat of the metronome they can't get out - the only problem is if they mash out before you can sync with the metronome or your attacks become un-desynced (which shouldn't happen given the speed of 200BPM).

I dunno, the metronome is easier in practice, truthfully I'd think it'd be kinda distracting to have one going during a match wearing headphones... I don't think i've ever had a pleasant sounding metronome :S. If you have one playing while practiceing it makes it a lot easier to work out any problems with setting up wobbles b/c then you know that once its set up your timing will be perfect.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Well, practicing with it would pretty much ingraine the beat in your head and you wouldn't need the metronome anyhow.

But it would be pretty cool before a match to look your opponent square in the eye and turn the metronome on, and to the sound of the ticking say:

"This is the sound of your defeat."

Top Bottom