• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Deal With Specific Moves Discussion: Currently Discussing Marths Dancing Blade

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Uh, a good Marth should never set off grenades. Ignore the ping, don't just sit there and watch Snake cook grenades. Appreciate the fact that Snake cannot tilt while holding a grenade and proceed to Nair/Fair his shield. Oh, I also just grab him a lot too. Just don't be stupid and Dancing Blade him, or dtilt after a grenade drop and you're good. No real reason for Marth to worry about grenade traps, you're pretty quick, and have good enough range to deal with them.

Ugh, I feel like I should be posting this is the match-up thread . . .

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Uh, I also like to Full Hop over them, because it leaves Falco guessing what I'm going to do next. I've been mixing this in effectively a lot lately. He loses his jab as a tool, as I'm coming in for a Fair.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Uh, I also like to Full Hop over them, because it leaves Falco guessing what I'm going to do next. I've been mixing this in effectively a lot lately. He loses his jab as a tool, as I'm coming in for a Fair.
the problem with trying to "space" fair is you eat a ftilt, unless you up-B which could potentially be dangerous as well. Jumping in this match is annoying because Falco's nair eats Marth from underneath.

Sorry i haven't read the rest of the thread =(

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Yea and this too, maybe even SHAD.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Perfect shielding and full hopping are your best options. Spot dodge is there but its far harder to approach Falco while doing that.

I usually just PS them, not that hard. Pierce's idea is good too.

Shao-tan

Smash Cadet
Fullhop, Marth's good aerial mobility really helps here, if the Falco tries to get you from below, DJ away while Fairing. This might become a predictable in the middle of the match, if so, dash under the first laser and powershield the second then **** him with DB.

Summarizing, Falco's lasers aren't really a problem for Marth, rely in full hops/powershields and you should be fine.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Yea and this too, maybe even SHAD.
NO!

Good Falcos will punish you for airdodging. Dash attack destroys it, and if you're close, jab trap will catch you. Lasers are lagless. From a distance where you are far enough to SH airdodge safely, you might as well perfect shield.

The same goes for spot dodge. Illusion or dash attack will punish this. Avoid using dodge options to deal with lasers. Dodging projectiles in this fashion has always been, and continued to be a dumb idea.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
NO!

Good Falcos will punish you for airdodging. Dash attack destroys it, and if you're close, jab trap will catch you. Lasers are lagless. From a distance where you are far enough to SH airdodge safely, you might as well perfect shield.

The same goes for spot dodge. Illusion or dash attack will punish this. Avoid using dodge options to deal with lasers. Dodging projectiles in this fashion has always been, and continued to be a dumb idea.
Telling everyone how to beat me...

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
This is probably bad, but I like to dash->shield and then jump OoS and then FF an aerial.

Probably bad, but can work sometimes. I only really use this as a mixup, usually I use standard PS'ing and FHing.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
NO!

Thanks for the correction lol

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I haven't ever tried walking out of it before, I usually just spot dodge, but that gets predictable. I'll try that next time.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Isn't there like an SDI motion you can do to help more as well? Anyways, I like the idea of waiting it out for an opportunity by walking it, or if at high percents trying for the DS.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Dont get grabbed

I dont have anyone around me who can chain grab properly with D3, ugh, and the last good dedede i played was Lains awhile ago and he two stocked me NP...

never tried walking out of before, didnt think you could lol

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
When he gets you offstage, then hurt him.

Getting Cg'd is inevitable. It is going to happen some time or another, and is a major component of D3's metagame. They will be trying their best to CG you, so you should be trying your best to avoid, AND lay on the pain. You want kills fast in this match up. Getting them is the difficult part. And his CG is a huge obstacle.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Not getting grabbed is a major part of this matchup. FH rising fairs, Retreating fairs and nairs, AD THROUGH him and Dancing Blade, all to avoid getting grabbed. NEVER AD in front of D3 and try and get behind him/under him as often as possible.

When he does CG you, Marth can walk away if he screws it up. So, you're gonna wanna hold away as he's doing it, and from there DB is your safest option.

Try as hard as you can to break out as he attempts to pummel you, because DDD has a relatively slow pummel and if he pummels you, his bair is that much closer to killing you.

Also, don't fall for dumb mindgames after CG. Don't try and spot dodge because Dash Attack will **** you, just keep walking away and punish his lag. Don't try and jump out of it, he can **** that too.

When he CGs you offstage, you will get ***** by bairs unless you recover intelligently. Hit him back and recover as horizontally as possible, going high or low can be detrimental to your stock. DI is also important, aim for that corner and swing your fair to avoid early death.

That's it, I think

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
I think the last thing I did that was simple for me to get away from King Dee Dee. Is when I went backwards. Before he could grab me. Now if he grabs me. Hopefully if timing is right. you can avoid it by going backwards instead of going forward. Cause it's possible to break free from Dee Dee. Expect if your in a corner somewhere. You might be in trouble. Especially for marth. That's the last point of view I had back in another forum when they were spamming me with Dee Dee's spam grab attack. XD

But if no one explain this. Then don't read what I got to say. It's how I gotten myself out of it, and being fast with your fingers on the controller takes somewhat a lot of patients and time. ( Just push yourself to the limit.)

That's all. Sorry if I confused anyone. Hope that helps. ^^;

One LAST thing. I would never go forward when trying to avoid the chain grab. Cause marth can do chain grabs if you know how to move fast. Speed is really everything so far with marth. ( That's how I handle him. )

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
B Reversing DB1 pushes you backwards continually, as long as Marth hasn't DS'd into an uair trap, he is best using his aerial mobility + B reverses to move towards the ledge, where a G&W cannot sustain uair **** forever.

Also you can try go for luls and do a fully charged shieldbreaker.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Just float towards the edge and get your footing back?

It works time to time, of course you shouldn't keep doing this but it's safer than staying in the air waiting for GaW do his two-dimensional business.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Just a question: not that I like the idea of exposing yourself with counter frames, but does counter actually "activate" on a push effect like G&W uair?

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
Just a question: not that I like the idea of exposing yourself with counter frames, but does counter actually "activate" on a push effect like G&W uair?
No, it only activates on a hit effect.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Not true, I'll test Uair, but I know it works on D3/Kirby's Inhale.

OK, when Marth is on a platform, it doesn't activate, I'll assume in the air is the same.
Yeah, I figured as much.
Don't forget ganon utilt (although you will never see that move in competitive play lol).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
dblade is a punish move, it means you were getting too close with fair or something. If they do it wrong, pivot grab, dtilt (if you're far away) and nair prevent it from coming out, and as for when it actually hits you, DS, shield, or if they are going for the 4th down hit (lolzorz) try to go for DI-> punish, at least iirc.

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
if they are going for the 4th down hit (lolzorz) try to go for DI-> punish, at least iirc.
You can up-b out of the green DB4. Xisin did punished me over and over and over again, and now I don't green DB4 against Marf anymore.

Except against Beegs and Glov.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Is the last phrase I've seen from the MBR still legit?

"DS when you see red"

Trypt

Smash Cadet
Not a specefic move, but how do we deal with Toon Link's projectiles? Pretty often I get ***** by bomb/arrow spam.

Top Bottom