• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'How to deal with specific enemy moves' Discussion - Discussion 42: IC Grab

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Abuse the delay that Bowser has right before this move lands. Thankfully, Peach has quick attacks like Ftilt and Dsmash to grab priority from this move. Even jab will knock Bowser out of this move I think.

Because this move is used up close, and that the enemies has to be pretty much completely horizontal to Bowser to make this move land, I think just Turnip pressure him, and use a lot of aerials to prevent Bowser from getting in the first few critical seconds to pull it off.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
yea this move can get annoying but it's not as bad as his up b. it sounds like your friend loves to grab release + jab + grab/claw/or surprise bowser bomb/roll behind you and do more jab-grab funsies.

all i can say is work the slap/ftilt during grab releases or roll or sidestep. if they bust out the side b w/o a good set-up then sidestep + usmash has gotten me a lot of bowser kills when they whiff =o

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Not really. He certainly gave me my fair share of grab release to F Tilts. By far his favourite thing to do was to spam it in the air to get me out of my Floating. Doesn't work anymore though xD

Hang on, move off grab releases. This is his Side B - it's a type of grab. It's not his actual grab. The one where he picks you up, jumps/spins in the air and comes crashing down with you

cutter

Smash Champion
Just popping in; I actually think Bowser's Side B is up there with some of the best moves in the game:
- It's deceptively fast
- Does a whopping 18%
- Kills when it's fresh (not the suicide, the slamming part)
- One shot kills with Bowsercides
- GOES THROUGH SHIELDS
- Can be infinite seconded jumped with it

Treat Bowser's side B like a normal grab; the hitbox only lasts a very few amount of frames and obviously does not linger. My intuition would say airdodge/sidestep this beastly move.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Just popping in; I actually think Bowser's Side B is up there with some of the best moves in the game:
- It's deceptively fast
- Does a whopping 18%
- Kills when it's fresh (not the suicide, the slamming part)
- One shot kills with Bowsercides
- GOES THROUGH SHIELDS
- Can be infinite seconded jumped with it

Treat Bowser's side B like a normal grab; the hitbox only lasts a very few amount of frames and obviously does not linger. My intuition would say airdodge/sidestep this beastly move.
He said pretty much what I wanted/was trying to say

So yea :p cheers cutter

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Doesn't look like we are getting anywhere with this move (there aren't many Bowser players out there I guess?). I recommend you at least take a look at the DI section I stuck in

Next up is ZSS' Side B. This is pretty nasty imo. At least if they try to spam it to death it gets stale. Don't forget they can SH backwards and use it to try and force you to approach - kind of like Samus' Zair...just slower and a lot more deadly

Discuss away!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
They can shorthop it backwards all they like. If they're far away just turnip and glide toss. If they are close enough you can just toad it can't you? It's slow enough. ^_^

Actually Peach is faster this time around 'twould seem. Can't she run forward and toad a reverse shorthop one? Maybe not, but it's not like you HAVE to.

Perfectly spaced ones are annoying but jumps and floats should do well enough against it. Control the spacing and it's useless.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I have another request. ;)

Marth's Dancing Blade. I despise it.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
It's clear this isn't going anywhere so the next move I'm doing should hopefully spark some life into these discussions. If anyone wants to discuss/disagree on a move already done, please do so

Discuss away!

And for those of you who think I've gone even more insane/think I'm trying to spam, I'm actually trying to think up more things I could cover, considering I've only got like 2 other moves I could do :/ Besides, it's always nice to know how to deal with this move if you see it coming, right? :p

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Falcon Punch

How to counter it: Watch it get initiated, take a nap, maybe grab a bite to eat, taunt, run around for a while, taunt again, throw out some random attack, ????, PROFIT!

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
^Best answer ever lol

Against Peach this move only works in doubles or if he breaks your shield :ohwell:

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
@edrees: Lol when i first saw you, you were 3-stocking this girl's CF. <.<

@Dekuu: LOOL xD

personally I'll let myself get Pawnch stagespiked if some1 had the balls to try. I've come so close so many times to pulling it off but i'd either miss, bounce them off the wrong part of the stage, or knock them over the stage itself. ;[

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Dude, that wasn't a girl, that was a very femm guy LOL

But seriously, freakin falcon players, are worse than meta players with their b spamming, its an auto win.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
LOL, **** i'm blind.

newayz wut is there to rly discuss about the pawnch? just know it's not gonna get thrown out there predictably and that if ur on your final stock we all know CF loves his flashy finishes. If they really wanna pawnch you then don't get mindgame'd I guess.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
In all seriousness, I think the question is how do you punish it?

I always get hit when trying to Toad it. It's slower than toad's entire animation and so I get hit when trying to do that.

I usually bomber during the wind up. It really is Peach's signature PUNISH move.

Otherwise the safest thing is to simply go pull a turnip. :p

Villi

Smash Lord
Stand there just out of its range and smash him, or powershield it like a man. It's the only way. If you choose not to Ganon.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I do go for something dairing. That's why I said start dairing him.
I can tell that pun was completely unintended. Magic

Oh Edreese, how do you do such wondrous things?

I'll move onto something slightly more serious soon. I hope you've all had a bit of laugh. Be sure to contribute on other moves to come as well :p

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
That concludes the epic discussion guys. Thanks for your contribution. I implore you to visit the write up on how to deal with the PAWWWWNCH. Be sure to keep contributing! :)

I know people have asked I cover Pit's Side B and Marth's Side B - I'll do them after this move. I want to cover at least one of Snake's Tilts first though because believe me, they're a hell of a lot more deadly

Up next is Snake's F Tilt. Perhaps Snake's camoflauge device didn't completely cut off when he entered the battle and he might just have a really, really fat leg. Or his tilts might just be a bit broken. I'm going for the latter. This move has horribly deceptive range, evil KO power and comes out nastily fast

Discuss away!

Niko_K

Smash Master
You can actually SDI behind him on the first hit if you input enough SDI's. I did it at Percons house yesterday by fluke.

Top Bottom