• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to chain each character

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
I was considering making a series of videos, showing how to chain each individual character. My buddy just got a new capture card, so I wanted to do something productive with it lol.
But for example the thread would look like this

Bowser and i would have a hyperlink to the video on the most efficent ways of chaining him, but I would do this for every character. If atleast 8 people want me to make it I will. Let me know -Nitro

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Well, it's a nice concept, but not everyone is that hard to chaingrab.

However, you could make videos showing how to CG the harder characters (Jigglypuff, ROB, Snake, etc.) or just make 3 videos on performing CGs on the 3 different weight classes.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
It is a good idea tho but for every character isnt that useful i mean Dedede bowser DK you chaingrab em all the same
just like the featherweights like jiggs metaknight and kirby so i geuss you should follow the advice of Kawaii
thats the best you can do i think
(idk how many posts i have on my name saying your right kawaii Are you even able to be wrong:laugh:)

Little sidenote: from now on my posts will be in orange :D

Little Devil

Smash Cadet
I think a video for each character would be awesome. Some players have no general problems but cant chaingrab a single char - for me its Zelda -.- - so a "guide" for each of them is a good idea.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Hmm i like this idea. I dont main ics and dont use them in tournies and such. But I sometimes use them in friendlies and i know how to CG every character except for snake. So, I would like a video of him.

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
I was considering making a series of videos, showing how to chain each individual character. My buddy just got a new capture card, so I wanted to do something productive with it lol.
But for example the thread would look like this

Bowser and i would have a hyperlink to the video on the most efficent ways of chaining him, but I would do this for every character. If atleast 8 people want me to make it I will. Let me know -Nitro
So you're gonna explain this and show which cg works best on each character right? If so I love this idea. You have my vote.

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
I think a video for each character would be awesome. Some players have no general problems but cant chaingrab a single char - for me its Zelda -.- - so a "guide" for each of them is a good idea.
You can footstool chaingrab both zelda and sheik, i recommend doing so.

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
Since this topic is about it, what about meta knight and jigglypuff? MK isnt that bad, i just occasionally miss the regrab, but chaining jigglypuff is lawlz :-/

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
It's a nice idea.
I don't think a vid for EVERY character is necessary, though (unless there's a lesser known trick/easier way to do it for just one character). Just do one for heavies, one for light weights, and split up the middle weights with whatever works the best.
You should also note which throws cause tripping and different variations to avoid this.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
there are so many ways to infinite each character. and everyone has his/her ways of doing it.

so i don´t think this thread is necessary

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry I haven't been able to post on this at all, but my final decisons are to make a video for lightweights, mid weights, heavy weights and exceptions like earthbound chArs snake gannon etc I can start this wekend

Dev2000

Smash Lord
I'm sorry I haven't been able to post on this at all, but my final decisons are to make a video for lightweights, mid weights, heavy weights and exceptions like earthbound chArs snake gannon etc I can start this wekend
Allrigy GL on that were looking forward to it

legion598

Smash Ace
I would love a vid and it would be particularly helpful if u first showed the weight class specific stuff and then the freaky characters like Jiggz and Rob

The Yeti

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see something of the sort tho i agree that it would be too much for each character. Rather, the three groups and the anomalies. Like i know the footstool combo is uber easy on heavies, but doesn't work on bowser so a separate vid for bowser would be awesome! that's just my .02

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
That is what I feared. Every person has trouble with differnt characters. So abnormalities will vary from person to person. That is the only reason why I would want to make a vid for evryone. I have alot of school work so it would probLy take me untill next Sunday so thats two weekends 6 days total. After making this it would cut down on alot of spam and it would really help the ic community. I may just do this

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see something of the sort tho i agree that it would be too much for each character. Rather, the three groups and the anomalies. Like i know the footstool combo is uber easy on heavies, but doesn't work on bowser so a separate vid for bowser would be awesome! that's just my .02
Try footstooling with an fthrow on bowser, works a bit more often (at least for me). Alternatively, just alt throw normaly because hes so fat you can miss by like... 1/4 of a second and still get the grab.

meepxzero

Smash Master
bthrow dthrow= light weight
bthrow dthrow= mid weight
dthrow dthrow= weird heavy weights aka (snake, wario, rob)
fthrow dthrow= heavy weights (everyone else heavy)

there u go easiest cgs for all the weights ;D

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Why do you guys have trouble with MK, Jigs, and Kirby?

For whatever reason I alt throw these characters with ease.

I can't do f throw chaining for crap though. hobbling needs work. And how (dare I say it) do you cg Bowser and DK? I thought hobbling didn't work on them and like I said, I can't use fthrow. Is that how everyone does it?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
When I try to altgrab lightweights, Nana either grabs in the wrong direction or does a pivot grab (and misses).
that only happens to me if i panic and think she won't be there. luckily this doesn't happen too often due to my play style so **** YEAH!

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i like your avatar frozen popo :D

and these videos would be helpful i think for a non ic's main such as myself who really likes cgs...

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
i like your avatar frozen popo :D

and these videos would be helpful i think for a non ic's main such as myself who really likes cgs...
Chaingrabs are great and all, but the real trick to icies is abusing their paranoia over your grabs with attacks.... landing a grab is a good bonus

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
Ok sorry guys I have been very busy recently, but I can make the video this weekend at my buddies house

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
Hey there I just noticed this post. I have videos of me 0- Deathing nearly every character in the game, with legit ice climber chain grabs if u need help making this video. The only characters I dont have any videos of is Ganon and Snake. I have everyone else tho, including zero suit and all three of the pokemon trainers pokemon

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
Hey there I just noticed this post. I have videos of me 0- Deathing nearly every character in the game, with legit ice climber chain grabs if u need help making this video. The only characters I dont have any videos of is Ganon and Snake. I have everyone else tho, including zero suit and all three of the pokemon trainers pokemon
could you post them somwhere or send them to me so i can watch them?

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
Yea sure thing. I can post em. Just give me till like the weekend or somethin b/c I have midterms all friggin week!!! Plus If I make em into a single video I wanna make sure I have everyone so it looks cool. You no? I originally put this post in here to see if NITRO wanted help on his video. But i suppose I could just make one of my own... Any ideas for a good song or somethin?
*And dont worry, it shouldnt take too long to get the other two, last time I played I was able to get ganon and snake to around 80% before messing up the grab, so I should be able to do it perfectly atleast once...

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
Yea sure thing. I can post em. Just give me till like the weekend or somethin b/c I have midterms all friggin week!!! Plus If I make em into a single video I wanna make sure I have everyone so it looks cool. You no? I originally put this post in here to see if NITRO wanted help on his video. But i suppose I could just make one of my own... Any ideas for a good song or somethin?
*And dont worry, it shouldnt take too long to get the other two, last time I played I was able to get ganon and snake to around 80% before messing up the grab, so I should be able to do it perfectly atleast once...
ok got it. thanks alot.

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
Good News: I finished creating replays of me 0-deathing every single character in the game.

Bad News: I didnt no this till today, but you cant put your replays on to the computer with an SD card. After finding this out I tried recording the replays with my digital camera but it came out really bad and had black lines all over the place.

-So, I was wondering if there was some easy way to get my replays on to the PC w/o having to purchase anything else or if someone would be willing to recieve my replays and upload them for me.
-Any ideas on music for the chain grab compilation video. And any added notes for how I should present it; I was thinking alphabetically with a lil intro that said something about being able to chain everyone and how powerful it can become.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Good News: I finished creating replays of me 0-deathing every single character in the game.

Bad News: I didnt no this till today, but you cant put your replays on to the computer with an SD card. After finding this out I tried recording the replays with my digital camera but it came out really bad and had black lines all over the place.

-So, I was wondering if there was some easy way to get my replays on to the PC w/o having to purchase anything else or if someone would be willing to recieve my replays and upload them for me.
-Any ideas on music for the chain grab compilation video. And any added notes for how I should present it; I was thinking alphabetically with a lil intro that said something about being able to chain everyone and how powerful it can become.
I can record them for you sometime Tuesday night, just send me the .bin's through email at wolydarg@gmail.com or put a download link up for me.

No clue about actual video editting, though. Sorry.

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
How do you plan on recording em? Cause if you want I am pretty sure I am able to send it via frend codes too, if you are just planning to just put them back on your wii to record em. Whatever is easier for you...
I have video editing stuff that I have used to make like music videos with and stuff so that shudnt be a problem

Top Bottom