• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat ______ (#3 R.O.B [Edit coming soon])

kigbariom

Smash Lord

Thread Information Section
-If someone has something important to say on any old match-up I will add it up post haste.

This thread is solely dedicated to how to beat the opposing player.
Things like;

-Play style
-What moves to use
-Priorities
-What to avoid
-Stages
-Etc.

To keep the discussion going, I'd like to introduce the first ______. You may know him as Snake, but the Snake we'll be focusing on is campy Snakes in particular.

Luigi Brand Snake remover

Luigi Brand Snake remover

-
Well what to do against campy snakes.. obviously don't play aggressive game..
Click the blue arrow to see the rest!
Well for campy Snakes, the first thing you want to do is fireball any mines on the field.
Luigi vs Snake....a novel (:D) Luigi pros Luigi's up tilt, up air, down throw, back air, and n-air combos snake...
Here are some priorities I can pull off of the top of my head. Just because an attack isn't on here doesn't mean that it may not beat out some other attack!
Specifically for going against campy Snakes: Grenades are a total pain in the arse. In my opinion, they are the...

-Strategy
As far as the general strategy goes, don’t fight aggressive. Although that may seem like a given, it’s the most important concept that you need to focus on. If he’s not going to come to you, why should you risk what you have going to him?

In many of Luigi’s match-ups he owns the playing field, manipulating the stages with platforms, ceilings, and levels. Unfortunately Snake can rig the entire playing field, which is why we need to focus on how to beat him.

-Approach
Keep your eyes peeled for all the little tricks a campy Snake has up his sleeve. Snake can beat you while hardly even touching you, he has grenades, sliding mortar, C4, mines, and his ungodly strong tilts.

When you start your approach, campy Snakes are going to try to hold the defensive line with grenades. A SH approach is a good bet, but anytime you’re close keep your finger on the shield button for some quick air dodges, they won’t leave you as vulnerable as a spotdodge. If you are close to Snake DO NOT roll, his tilts will catch you.

You just need to stay safe on the approach, bait him with quick aerials, try some RAR just to get his shield a little smaller. Maybe shoot a fireball or two, they don’t even have to hit, just make sure he has something to think about.

-The Attack!
Once you can see the whites of his eyes, it’s time to go on the offensive.
Luigi’s classic strategies are based on combos and offstage strats. If you are fighting a campy Snake you must get him off stage, or if that’s out of the question at least keep him on the move.

I say this because once Snake is off stage, he can be read, if you know when his tilts are coming and you have a reliable spike go for it. Also once you are out there you don’t need to be too aggressive, you can stay at a nice spaced range with a bunch of bairs.

When you are fighting you’ll need to know the priorities, keep this great graphic in mind.

< Luigi loses out
= a clank
<=> trade off of hits (given proper spacing for such an event, of course)
> Luigi's attack beats the opponent's
::stupid:: don't even try it - it's just bad for you

• Jab 1_____=_____Jab 1

• Jab 1_____=_____F-tilt 1

• {N, F, B, D}-air_____>_____Mortar (Projectile)
I don't know about the U-air, never tried it...

• Anything_____<=>_____Grenade (initial hold)
... Just don't do it >_<

• Anything_____=_____Grenade (thrown)

• Anything_____::stupid::_____Grenade (settled)​

As you can see Luigi airs have full priority, it looks like that might be your best bet but you can’t be too aggressive. I can’t stress that enough, even if Snake is running down the clock you need to be safe. Campy Snakes are trained in the art punishing something stupid.

-Things to watch out for
Campy Snakes aren’t afraid to run down the clock, and they definitely will. They can easily space the hell out of you and toss grenades. They can really bust your timing as well.

When you are close, you don’t have as many options as a camper, Snake has traps all over the field. It just takes some quick thinking, alertness, and one satchel of Luigi Brand _____ remover!

-Notes

Please stay tuned for more Snake updates, the discussion is not over!

The quotes above best represent what I’m talking about in this thread, make sure you read those at all costs.

I’d like to thank Atash and Hippiedude for their invaluable contributions thus far on this discussion.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Coming Soon to stores near you

It's brand new and it's now in stores it's:

Luigi Brand Falco remover

Let's get this show on the road, it seems the crowd got a little exited and started discussion Falco already. *cough* LK *cough*

But the time is here, this plans to be a great discussion so let's have at it!

Ok first off if all their doing is lasering they will do a short hop double laser. The first one will go over you, and the second will hit you unless you shield.....
Click the blue arrow to see the rest
I have a ridiculously frustrating time against Falco for a few reasons: his laser camp, his reflector, and his F-smash...
crouch under and jumped lazers. use nado to aproach him after he shines or w.e stay out of range or his fsmash...
Fastfallers like Fox, Falco, and whatnot are more susceptible to Luigi's delayed recovieries...
You can't duck under grounded lasers consistently if the Falco isn't on a slightly higher elevation, so try to avoid that sort of a situation...
Just so you know people, it's extremely hard to approach a GOOD FALCO!...
-Strategy
This one’s tough, a good Falco can be anyone’s arch nemesis. He is a force to be reckoned with in any Brawl. As a general strategy, it’s all about thinking fast. When fighting Falco you have to be quick, smart, and very safe. Falco’s are known for applying lots of pressure with their laser. All in all you are going to need to get close, combo, and maybe gimp him off stage.

-Approach
This is the hard part, Falco is extremely strong defensively, he has lasers, reflectors that hurt, and even a chain-grab. Besides being careful like stated before, what you should actually do in your approach is simple. He is going to be defensive at the start and try to suppress your approach with lasers, there are a few ways of getting up close and personal with him. One is to crawl under the lasers, this will protect you from MOST of the lasers, not all.

Second is the powershielding approach, this is the simplest, the best for a beginner, a mix of crawling and powershielding should do the best trick. The last, which requires good timing is a SH over the groups of lasers, I suggest some fireballs once you lift off incase he SH lasers you, the fireballs will protect you. Once you are close there are a few options as well, you could continue with the SH’s if he hasn’t caught on, just make sure he doesn’t, or you could use the cyclone to get in. Make sure you don’t get too close with the cyclone because then you will be in f-smash range before the cyclone animation is finished.

You should never go to Final Destination with Falco, always go somewhere that has platforms and ledges, this will greatly improve the chances of a safe approach, and lower his chances of recovering.

-The attack!

Here’s where you can take a breath and kind of resort to normal fighting. After the approach it’s time to rack up damage for the KO. Just go back to the basics for comboing, whether it’s grabs, tilts, or even pop’em up with another cyclone, it’s dependant on your fighting style. You can also juggle Falco with up-tilts with moderate success until about 40% If they get uncomfortable when you are close and they try a DAC bait them out of their defensive state with some mindgames like crawldashing. Try and get him off stage because despite Falco’s quick reflexes, with some mindgames, spacing, and good aerials he’s easy to gimp. If he is off stage he has some chances to spike you, a strong dair spike and a mediocre phantasm spike. As for Falco’s aerial moves, Luigi has counters for them, the phantasm can be interrupted by nair and dair, that way you can get him off stage and maybe do a bunch of bairs to get the gimp, or maybe if you’re good try your hand at the dair spike.
If those things don’t really work out but you have successfully gotten him 100% or higher, go back to the basics, jab>UpB, finger bang, u-tilted upsmash, you know what I mean.

-Things to remember

On a final note, stay safe until you can get him with all your low ranged attacks, space well, and for heaven’s sakes use your mind games. If you can’t beat someone because they are spacing well and they are in all the right places use your mindgames.

-Notes

If you are not in a rush, I suggest you read the quotes, they’ll represent what I said here.

I want to thank WIGI, Biglou, and Elheber. Couldn’t have done it without you guys!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Coming up next, Luigi Brand R.O.B remover!

__________________________________________________________________________________
Update history:
4-30-09: Thread created (@ Hippiedude92, your wish is my command)
4-30-09: Snake discussion started
5-5-09: Snake discussion with large update (almost done)
5-7-09: Falco discussion started!
5-25-09: Falco discussion done for! (sorry for the delay)
5-25-09: R.O.B

Copyright 2009 LBR products Ltd. For customer support please contact LBR products at 1800-527-776

TreK

Is "that guy"
LOL at the image
well, how will this be used ? Discution on matchups ? LBR giving sh*tloads of advices and tips along with videos ?
Whatever, looks interesting.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lol Kig saves the day and myself some typing a few words <3 kig

Well what to do against campy snakes.. obviously don't play aggressive game.. campy snakes are tricky are willing to make a comeback from being 3 stocked.. You must without a doubt, look for every placement/trap hes placed on the field... campy snakes play the stage control game.. nades/c4s/landmines/mortars sliding/gtfo tilts are so troublesome... patient is your key here..

Icyo

Smash Ace
Personally, I find the most effective thing to do against campy Snakes is to destroy their tent. Sabotage it and frame a bear. Either that or set the forest on fire.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Well for campy Snakes, the first thing you want to do is fireball any mines on the field. If your close enough, use fireballs to slow nade spammage. Usually, cyclones can go through homing missles unless they drop it when your in its hitbox.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I would like to know, from the super duper pro Luigi's out there, what to do against ******** Falco's that jump around and laser camp you all day. Luckily there arent many Falcos in the area, but Swastikapyle plays him on occassion, as well as one other in washington... so what do I do? I feel like I can't approach a Falco spacing properly.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
The way we can do this is just crank out your advice and then by the time the discussion is over I'll add all of this to the OP.
Videos are encouraged!

As far as the order goes, well it's up to popular demand. If Falco is what people want next I'll add him. Let's start with Snake though.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I would like to know, from the super duper pro Luigi's out there, what to do against ******** Falco's that jump around and laser camp you all day. Luckily there arent many Falcos in the area, but Swastikapyle plays him on occassion, as well as one other in washington... so what do I do? I feel like I can't approach a Falco spacing properly.
I play kismet2 like all the time, and I know this matchup too well.

Ok first off if all their doing is lasering they will do a short hop double laser. The first one will go over you, and the second will hit you unless you shield. After you shield Cyclone into him, he shoudln't have enough time to shield it and it pops him up into the air putting you into a good position. Falco has some strange priority with uptilt, nair, and fsmash so be careful challenging that. Once you get close enough try and get a grab off and startand combo, I think dtrhow to upair or fair to like another aerial at low percentages is too quick for the falco to airdodge, and thats an easy 40 damage. Falco is light and will die early from an fsmash, make sure to abuse that =D. Try to avoid getting grabbed by falco early becasue he can cg luigi to about 45 ish with the dair. Also as luigi you do not want to be offstage in this match, falco can easily bair our recovery, and he can also laser our cyclone recovery and side b. Make sure to be careful when recovering.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Luigi vs Snake....a novel (:D)

Luigi pros
Luigi's up tilt, up air, down throw, back air, and n-air combos snake REALLY WELL
Glide toss nades or just throw them back
Use air dodges to get through nade spam.
Luigi's is just great vs snake recoveries. Back air and down air spikes. throw (lol joke) in a cypher grab is possible
Snake stages that work vs others such as low ceilings don't work as well here since Luigi is a vertical killer also.
Overall better movement in the air
Better platform use
Overall better recovery
Better vertical kills (debatable)

Snake pros
way better tilts
Broken range.
Projectiles, projectiles, projectiles
Heavier so better DI.
Back air is great vs Luigi's recovery
Overall better on flat stages
Better at ground spacing
His up tilt over yours
Better throws for tech chasing
Your odd movement prevents you from getting closer when he f-tilts.
Better horizontal KO's.

Luigi stages
Strike FD and smashville for the first round. Snake has a problem vs luigi on any stage he can't camp. Battlefield, Yoshi's, and if both are striked, Lylat Cruise or Pokemon Stadium Melee. Counterpick Battlefield/Yoshi's if you like neutrals. Best counterpick by far is Frigate orpheon or the brokenness that is Norfair. Frigate Orpheon moves all of his bombs due to the flip and snake can't recover well here. Norfair allows lava combos and snake has a problem here with spaicng. Counterpick any stage that prevents or at least slows down movement.

Snake Stages
Flat stages. FD or smashville. Ban Frigate and Battlefield.

6-4 Snake.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
It's good content and all, but we're not going for the match-up. This thread is solely dedicated to how to beat the opposing player.
Things like;

-Play style
-What moves to use
-Priorities
-What to avoid
-Etc.

Atash

Smash Apprentice
Here are some priorities I can pull off of the top of my head. Just because an attack isn't on here doesn't mean that it may not beat out some other attack!

< Luigi loses out
= a clank
<=> trade off of hits (given proper spacing for such an event, of course)
> Luigi's attack beats the opponent's
::stupid:: don't even try it - it's just bad for you

Small text below bulleted lines are comments regarding the previous line.

Luigi ------------ Snake
  • Jab 1_____=_____Jab 1
  • Jab 1_____=_____F-tilt 1
  • {N, F, B, D}-air_____>_____Mortar (Projectile)
    I don't know about the U-air, never tried it...
  • Anything_____<=>_____Grenade (initial hold)
    ... Just don't do it >_<
  • Anything_____=_____Grenade (thrown)
  • Anything_____::stupid::_____Grenade (settled)

Luigi ------------ Kirby
  • U-tilt_____=_____F-smash
  • U-air_____>_____D-air
  • B-air_____<=>_____B-air

Luigi ------------ Wolf
  • U-tilt_____=_____{F, D, U}-smash

Luigi ------------ Meta Knight
  • U-tilt_____=_____Glide Attack
  • U-smash_____>_____Tornado

I'm really in favor of using U-tilt for clanking against a bajeezus load of attacks. It comes out fast, the clank time lasts a long time, and there's little cooldown...

EDIT: Okay, the boards randomly decided that repeated spaces could be coalesced into single spaces. Thus, I'm editing the spaces in favor of underscores to increase readability...

EDIT EDIT: OH! WAIT! WE'RE TALKING ABOUT SNAKE!!! My bad for including all of the other random priorities. Uhhh... but I'm leaving them up there... anyway... yeah...

KC18

Smash Journeyman
pretty sure you can crawl underneath most lasers...otherwise PS them is a good habit to get into, then ya, what dentedglass said lol

Icyo

Smash Ace
We've accomplished in this thread what it took the match up thread...six months to do.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
<3

That's because Luigi Brand _______ remover is such a powerful product.

On another note, I'd love to get some more input on Snake or if not that some closing remarks because I will be writing it up in about 24 hours. So if you have anything else to say, do so now. I promise your opinions will not go unheard!

Atash

Smash Apprentice
Specifically for going against campy Snakes:
Grenades are a total pain in the arse. In my opinion, they are the most effective items in the game (Bob-ombs come close, but you can't pull them out of your belt on a whim :-P ). A Snake player can use the grenades in multiple ways, but the three broad categories I can tell of are:
  • Baking
    If you wait around too long, the Snake will whittle away the timer of his grenades and throw them such that they explode just as they get to you.​
  • Ranged trapping
    The Snake tosses the grenade at you with the intention that you slam into it with an attack, thus blowing yourself up. If thrown directly from pulling out the grenade, you'll have a tolerance of a single hit (a clank) on the grenade. If the grenade has settled (ie. the Snake has shield dropped it and THEN thrown it at you, or if it's just lying on the ground), touching the grenade with any attack will cause it to blow up on you.​
  • Proximity trapping
    The Snake uses grenades at close range to dissuade you from attacking. In the air, this can be done by the Snake pulling out the grenade mid-air and letting you attack him, thus blowing both you and him up. More dangerously, it can be done by the Snake having already pulled out the grenade and picking it up after shield dropping it as a regular item: in the air, he Z-drops it, and air-dodges your attack, you get blown up by the grenade, and he's free. On the ground, he can shield drop the grenade and roll away, or just hold the grenade and shield (it's a scare tactic at best if you catch him early - you may have time to grab and D-throw or U-throw him before running away from the explosion. Alternatively, if he's holding the grenade as an item, you can time a B-throw on him and he'll blow himself up while you're still swinging him! [it isn't likely to happen though] You won't take the explosion damage, I promise :-P ).​

So, yeah, that's my story on the grenades... At least, what I can figure. I haven't played any particularly good grenade camping Snakes. >_< As usual, correct me, attack me, etc. etc. :-D

And, as Hippie said a while back, his U-tilt is like a mini-shoryuuken. Watch out for it.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Helpful stuffz
Thanks man. I have noticed the stupid priority on some of his moves... its sort of like they're disjointed for no reason. Advice taken.

Anyway I was hoping this thread would be more like the "What to do in 'x' situation" threads going around rather than a matchup thread. Let it run wild instead of focusing on one character at a time or w/e. Thats just my input.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I just saw this for the first time when I was about to make a thread on the following. This is a better place for it, so I'll post it here.

Learn to dair spike snake's cypher. It's not that hard, it wins you matches. Do it.

Later on I'll read the whole thread and write up a complete opinion. For now, go learn to spike the nikita. Seriously.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
You could go to their matchup thread and post this link in thier thread and ask for help on the weakspots of campy snakes. Valuable info never know. just sayin
I did that right after making the thread but it's pretty inactive over there.

EDIT: I will be done with the write-up shortly but we will NOT be moving on, there may be some more tidbits unsaid and it looks as if Cr4sh has something on his mind. There is no rush, but it's nice to keep things smooth with a loose schedule.

Thanks!

EDIT2: Don't be afraid to go to the tiny url link on the OP, it's just a Rickroll. (looks like it doesn't work anyway...)

EDIT3: With Finals coming up soon, I won't really have the time to update this so, don't fret when the second update doesn't happen. That's IF it doesn't happen. I have important things I must tend to. So you know.
:) Kig

EDIT4: Oh right, one more thing, is there a BB code for the line under a group of text. Like a page break, because at least in my opinion the lines under the pages are all broken up. I use classic blue skin, but I assume it does it for you too.

EDIT5: Let's start the Falco discussion already!

Thanks for the bump Chic <3

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Thanks for the bump, <3

Can we start Falco? It's seems like that's what people wanted to talk about in the beginning.

BTW, if you haven't read the OP, Snake discussion can still have add-ons but no one seems interested. So Cr4sh, still say what you were going to say if anything!

Thanks man. I have noticed the stupid priority on some of his moves... its sort of like they're disjointed for no reason. Advice taken.

Anyway I was hoping this thread would be more like the "What to do in 'x' situation" threads going around rather than a matchup thread. Let it run wild instead of focusing on one character at a time or w/e. Thats just my input.
Sorry, I hadn't read this until now. That IS what this thread is. At least it's what I'm trying to have. Here you won't have numbers like 6-4, or 5-5, etc. This will have like the Snake write up, how to beat a specific character in depth. Like campy Snakes, we can focus on spamming/camping/CGing Falcos if you want.

The reason I want to keep it one at a time is because it's hard to keep up and write up all that jazz.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Most of SWF IS INACTIVE, due to colleges finals since it's really that time of month so that's really why it's inactive... but by near mid June.. or so.. we'll be rollin in the meta-game so don't fear if it's inactive we all have lifes. Also it doesn't really have to be specifically a char, i mean it can be a thread where ppl have questions on how to fight ____ or what to do in a siatuation etc... but keeping it specific isn't bad too just saying my thoughts.

Atash

Smash Apprentice
It's currently AP week for the high school students and I believe finals for the majority of them are coming up soon.

Also, I have a huge workload for multiple end of the year projects, so I'm not too active either. Sorry to say, Kig, but your thread came around at a slightly bad time. :-P

Regardless, my few cents...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a ridiculously frustrating time against Falco for a few reasons: his laser camp, his reflector, and his F-smash.

For some odd reason, I cannot find the proper spacing to stay just outside the range of his F-smash to punish it. It's so ridiculously long ranged. I'm thinking I ought to start treating it (along with the reflector) as Wolf's F-smash... as in, stay the frick away from that little piece of ground just outside of Luigi's jab range and just inside Falco's reflector range (unless I'm actually trying to bait something). ASCII graphics:
[__]_F
..^.. That area with Falco facing to the left

And then there's the ****ed bird's blaster on flat stages such as FD or Bridge of Eldin... I've personally never encountered a short-hop double-lasering Falco, but from what I can tell the first laser (the one fired in the air) will always travel over the head of a grounded Luigi. Don't jump, and just powershield the grounded laser. If you're actually approaching from the ground through a wall of lasers, don't get lulled into monotonous powershielding - once you get close enough (Falco's reflector range), you'll need to actually make a move or risk being pushed back to square one.

Unfortunately, I have little other experience, so, that's all I can say...

Has anyone tested Falco's aerial priorities against Luigi's aerial priorities (especially against Falco's B-air and U-air - those two are lethal)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, Kig, you totally stole my format for quoting long quotes in Negative Zone Dining Etiquette. :-P

Speaking of which... I need to update it...
Later tonight. <_<

EDIT:
Also! When I listed priorities... Uhh, I failed to mention that Luigi's {D, N}-air trades hits with Snake's U-tilt (I haven't tested Luigi's other aerials)... But only if you can hit his hurtbox. His disjointed U-tilt hitbox causes most frontal aerial assaults to fail. His U-tilt is his surface to air missiles, his manliness, and his drill destined to pierce the heavens (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann allegory!). Really... don't assault him with aerials close range aerials from the front if he's just standing there... You need to blitzkrieg in and out, methinks (a surprise tornado is a good bet to at least get a few percent on him and move him to the air). As said before, well-spaced and timed RARs are nigh unpunishable.

Also, I think his aerials are disjointed, so one should make sure that he does not get any breathing room once suspended.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
@ Hippiedude, I know it's that time of year. This summer I'll be super active so there will be plenty of updates.

@ Atash, I stole it because I think:
1.) It's genius
2.) I admire your Negative Zone thread a lot
3.) That wasn't the whole quote so I needed to say read the rest
4.) Blue is a cool color

@ Atash #2
I will make note of those priority changes in due time.

WIGI

Smash Champion
im proud of you guys.

finally doing what i said should be done before i got fed up and left.

im proud of you all =]

almost makes me want to play brawl. but not now. not this week. but maybey.

if i get bored il own sum noobs this weekend.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Can you help spark the Falco discussion WIGI? Any opening statements?

Luigi Brand ______ remover customer poll:

1.) We have a character free-for-all and I'll try to make write ups but y'all can go crazy....!

2.) Continue this character by character guide.

3.) **** you Kigbariom!!!

WIGI

Smash Champion
kk falco.
i havn't played in a few motnhs so this might be outdated.

crouch under and jumped lazers. use nado to aproach him after he shines or w.e stay out of range or his fsmash. get in combo, get out. ban fd. uhmmmmmmmmmmm

gimp him. with bairs. watch out for the dair. he will try to fthrow to upsmash u or dash attack. he can;t cg u if u di properly.

uhmmmmmmmm

i usualy take them to bf. then **** them. orrr moving stages cus his recovery is limited and funny. taunt spike him to hell.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Fastfallers like Fox, Falco, and whatnot are more susceptible to Luigi's delayed recovieries. They'll jump down on you off-stage with a dAir trying to get a sexy spike on you; so if you fall a little farther before trying to recover you'll often not only miss their aerial, but also hit them after they've used their second jump. They don't last long off-stage, is what I'm saying. Very gimpable people.

Atash

Smash Apprentice
You can't duck under grounded lasers consistently if the Falco isn't on a slightly higher elevation, so try to avoid that sort of a situation.

You can repeatedly up-tilt fast fallers like Falco to hell and back. One initiating up-tilt at 0% can take you from anywhere between 20% to 40%, and an immediate N-air once they are out of range (if they air-dodge, follow their trajectory - there's a window between when they buffer into the ground and when they can perform an action during which your sex-kick is guaranteed a hit) tacks on another 10% or so. Assuming good luck on your initial approach, a proper stage, and their poor DI, you've just brought the opposing player to shoryuuken kill range within the first few seconds of the game.

In lieu of Elh's comment on Falco's spike (and yes, it is definitely sexy...), try not to pop straight up off of the ledge without an offensive plan - Falco's spike has a nasty tendency of owning people who do that.

Some of Luigi's aerials beat out Falco's side-B. You can D-air or N-air or whatever into his phantasm and interrupt the attack without any negative consequences, save for the possibility of poor off-stage positioning. If you can read a phantasm recovery, you can probably gimp your opponent - just don't mess it up: Falco's phantasm can also spike you. It isn't a strong spike, but it does have enough strength to disorient and possibly force you into an awkward tornado recovery with Falco right over your head.

And I should be studying for my AP tomorrow...

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Just so you know people, it's extremely hard to approach a GOOD FALCO!. Dont tell me it's easy, because you'll be ****ting yourself. I play D1's Falco in tourney wise (Slanted to be best Falco in NY I think) My first time against him, he just lasered, then easily PS'd everything then CG'd me to hell. Pretty much 3 stocked me lol. Now I can happily say I get 2 stocked by him in a regular basis :]

If they are doing a SHDL, you can crawl the first one, the second one you can either SH to tornado or just PS it. Most times when you find a opening after the lasers, you usually rush in quickly with a tornado to pop up them up in the air.

Alot of them will love to fit Silent lasering. The easiest way to approach falco is to lrn2PS. Really, it takes pratice but it's easy to PS (imo). You can just do a slow walk, to a PS. if they quickly react with a DAC or boost PWG, just crawldash to bait them out.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Oh, good content. Again I'd like to restate the poll for how we continue.

1.) Go crazy! Characters all over the place and I'll see what I can do for a write up.

2.) Continue the current style.

3.) **** you Kigbariom

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lol chic, on wifi it is, but on offline, well I have to see if my game will dramtically make a difference.

Kig it's up to you really. Personally this should be a thread where how to fight or what I should in this situation thread differing from a matchup thread/ q&a thread.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i reaad you like a closed book.

that ive already read 1000 times, and its always the same ending. you loose.

Top Bottom