• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat ______ (#3 R.O.B [Edit coming soon])

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Fortunately, his F-air and getup attack aren't that powerful, and neither is his laser. Luigi can probably B-air out of shield if he does F-air or laser near edge. Or maybe even shieldgrab if you react fast enough. I'm just saying, I think ROB is bad at the edge.

His getup attack if you predicted it, = free PS -> Anything.

Like seriously, I use ROB, and one of the things I absolutely hate about him is getting up from the edge.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Luigi vs. Rob:
Make sure your not gimped well.
As Biglou said….fireballs work pretty well and back air is great vs. his recovery. Up air works well on platforms and tap a combos work well.
If you get close, up b combos work well and so does down throw to up air.
Abuse platforms. Seriously, if you want to beat a good Rob on a neutral, Battlefield is your best bet. Up air on platforms help a lot. Either that or Yoshi’s due to the low ceiling

Best neutral is Battlefield or Yoshi’s
Worst neutral is FD by far probably followed by Smashville
Lylat is fine…if the stage is allowed for neutrals

Ban FD and Frigate Orpheon. If there is only 1 ban, ban Frigate. Japes is also a stage to watch out for. So either ban FD and Frigate, Frigate and Japes, or Japes and FD

Counterpick stages with a low ceiling or something that allows luigi to recover better by aid of hazards. I personally like Norfair, Haliberd, and for neutrals BF.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably missing something obvious... but how do you bait Snake's shield without getting F-tilted in the face?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I'm probably missing something obvious... but how do you bait Snake's shield without getting F-tilted in the face?
I like back air....or fireballs.....or n-air up close

It matters what part of the stage I am on....If he's on a platform up air

if he's below me, back air

if he's far away, a fireball

If he's medium distance, a back air or occasionally a nado

Up close back airs, n-airs, down airs, tornados (moving back after the first few hits

Its just a matter of spacing.....but back air is my favorite way to space up close in this matchup

kigbariom

Smash Lord
k bumped. Things to add and stuff to ask.

gimme a good cp quick for tomrrow's tourney guise lol.

for mk, snake, ike kthnx gais
Thanks for the bump

I think a little mindgame like mentioned in Falco's write-up. Maybe SHing or crawldashing to get him off track.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Bumped for the last chance for information, I'm starting the write-up as soon as I can. Unfortunately my templates and what not were saved on a different computer that just died out the other day. I will get to it soon though.

MK next ok? I want to get MK outta the way, if someone has a special request I'll do that.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
*Bumped for newbs

Friggin Kig you need a better title lol imo. Cause isn't this thread should be, " How do I put Rob in this position or how do I get around TL's zair" basically a character situation thread.

unless im missin the point here then enlighten me with yo godliness

Atash

Smash Apprentice
I like back air....or fireballs.....or n-air up close
[...]
Its just a matter of spacing.....but back air is my favorite way to space up close in this matchup
Even though I've only played what I'd call a 'decent' Snake (once <_< months ago... I haven't touched brawl in a long while now...), I've gotta agree with this one. It seems to out-range/out-position/out-speed the majority of Snake's forward moves. The only one's I'm not sure it can handle well are his godly U-tilt (which has an exorbitantly large hitbox to the front along the ground [key word here is 'ground', I don't remember how far the hitbox extends above the ground at the distance of Luigi's B-air...]), and the non-initial jab/F-tilt combo moves.

Anyway, about ROB... A funny little thing I noticed about his B-air that seems to be exploited a bit in strings is that his B-air has a fiery hitbox all the way to his head. Compound that with the brief boost in speed he gets when he uses his B-air, and you have a deceptive attack that extends just a bit farther than you'd think it should go. Just throwing that out there.

Also, as far as I remember (and no, I don't feel like mining for the particular thread with this info - it's fargin' late), Luigi has an exorbitantly huge reverse glide-toss. If you can ever get a hold on ROB's top, you gain an extremely fast and long-ranged approach/retreat at your disposal. Not sure how bad the lag on the throwing animation is, though... Because I distinctly remember reverse glide-tossing into a ROB that was a little closer than the max slide distance of the glide-toss, watching him shield it, and then eating something (don't remember what, or whether or not my punishment was a direct result of me being surprised of just how far I'd moved).

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Ok,
@ Hippie, I changed the title, got rid of the gimmick. I promise that I'll get all the updates done, It's just that right now. I'm a little to preoccupied to find time. But in a few days I will update it.
I promise.

Deeeepest apologies
-Kig

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Take your time Kig... didn't have to take what I said.. but my title is just merely suggestion so we can reduce the threads that could have been answered here... but it's cool take your time bro.

As for the on topic, how do you guys fight DK? X_X I find luigi still useless in the matchup even if he is in close lol. feels like 6/4 to me. But I still get equally ***** if I use Marth and Mario =[

Noraa

Smash Lord
You have to combo at early percents and fireball to space since he can out tilt everything lol x[
Ps all his bairs and tilts, just like in the marth match up since they out range you and **** with the jab game.

Ps is important, trust me

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Take your time Kig... didn't have to take what I said.. but my title is just merely suggestion so we can reduce the threads that could have been answered here... but it's cool take your time bro.

As for the on topic, how do you guys fight DK? X_X I find luigi still useless in the matchup even if he is in close lol. feels like 6/4 to me. But I still get equally ***** if I use Marth and Mario =[
for vsing dk,

your down b clashes with his up b....if he spams up b, your down b will cancel it out, and hit him

also, down air's work well. Back air vs his recovery and if he camps on the edge, fireball spam

N-air combo and up tilt combo if you, make sure he can't gimp you or get in grabs, even f-air can combo DK.

It is an annoying matchup though, one of my least favorite simply because of the f-smahs and b.

LuigiRocks14

Smash Rookie
WoW This Is One Of The Best Thread I Have Ever See !!!

But What Do I Have To Do When Snake Do Hes Dash Attack +Usmash ??

And Do I Have To Do When Falco Do Hes Laser Lock ?? AND Hes ChainGrab ??

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
WoW This Is One Of The Best Thread I Have Ever See !!!

But What Do I Have To Do When Snake Do Hes Dash Attack +Usmash ??

And Do I Have To Do When Falco Do Hes Laser Lock ?? AND Hes ChainGrab ??
anything works on snake. grounded fireballs and rising nair come to mind for his DAC.

most falcos don't really get laser lock so don't worry about it. spam nair on his CG. just becareful because they love to mix it up and prepare to tech the dair.

Top Bottom