• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How often do you spike with g&w?

NatP

Smash Ace
I spiked with him about 10 times since I got brawl. I almost never go for the spike offstage, since fair is much safer than dair.

Oh, I'm counting dthrow spikes too. But not stage spikes.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I've done two Dthrow spikes, only one of those fatal, and I have a handful of Dair spikes. Snake is a fairly easy guy to spike, but I spiked MK out of his Shuttle loop offstage for the kill recently, which admittedly doesn't happen often. G&W's Spike isn't that good, but slowfalling the Dair at least makes it viable.

jayboi221

Smash Apprentice
I think GnW spike happens if ur rite next to dem wen u throw ur Dair it will not work if ur not next to them

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I've spiked DK, Snake, Marth, and Bowser with dair. I've landed a bunch of stage spikes with fair, dtilt, and down smash, and side B. I rarely get the right position and occasion to spike as G&W though.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
About once every 10 games.

Unless you count dair spiking but it doesn't kill them, hits them to the ground, then I do that about once every other game.

Hydruz

Smash Cadet
I do em in teams alot. although ive never accomplished a dthrow spike o_o

T3h Albino

Smash Master
meh i rarely get dair spikes because i suck at this game ;B
ive dthrow spiked 1 time lol
stage spikes on the other hand....

Valdens

Smash Ace
Not once in tournament (offstage that is), and once in an online ladder

A ton of up-b/fair/dash attack stage spikes though

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
If we're talking stage spikes, numerous times with up-b, and a couple recently with dash attack.

Only 2 d-throw spikes. One fatal.

D-air spikes, quite a few times. I d-air WAY too much in the air. More often then not I'm punished for it, but often i'll get the d-air spike, at least once every 2 or 3 games.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I attempt this at least once a match to snakes, for cypher is very easy to dair spike.

edit: ROB, dk, peach, lucario... they are susceptible to dair spikes too.

Kadardes

Smash Apprentice
I've dair spiked snake a few times and I've gotten way too many to count stage spikes with b-up and dash attack.. Probably around 50 or so.. I love getting them in ladder matches :)

I've never gotten a dthrow spike though even though those look fun.

2Sko

Smash Cadet
G&W, shouldn't spike as much as he should gimp, for which he is really good at.. Fair Bair.....

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I stagespike people quite a bit. D-air edgeguard is pretty good if you can get them stagespiked. Hits Marth and MK out of their Up-Bs 100% of the time.

bobson

Smash Lord
Dair spike into a falling nine hammer for an offstage kill.

...is something I've never done, but often fantasize about.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I dair spiked two people in a team battle during the first tournament i went to. :D
what's more awesome is that i was able to recover after too.
Completely saved the match because i was on my last life and my partner was dead.

berylliscoolest

Smash Rookie
I don't really aim for spikes, but it happens to me every other game. Also, I noticed the bair has a spiking hitbox. not semispike, but a real downward trajectory spike. THAT I did once in a friendly tourny; it happens every now and then coz I spam the bair and notice the downward trajectory when it comes out. LOLZ

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I don't really aim for spikes, but it happens to me every other game. Also, I noticed the bair has a spiking hitbox. not semispike, but a real downward trajectory spike. THAT I did once in a friendly tourny; it happens every now and then coz I spam the bair and notice the downward trajectory when it comes out. LOLZ
Are you sure this downward trajectory isn't just the opponent SDI-ing down? Some of the people I play with like to SDI the first hit of my bair up once, then SDI down twice and tech the floor, then punish me. It's hard, but they do it.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
I've been added to the list of Tourney Judgement KOs? Cool.

Team mate Grab releases (with pummels) near edge into a wall spiking Judgement by the other team mate. Now thats how you play G&W.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
I got a dthrow spike once in a tournament match. It was hilarious, because I hadn't researched the G&W metagame at all, and I got the spike. Everyone was like "What just happened?" Then someone behind me went "Do it again!" So I grabbed my opponent and he freaked out and got out of the grab. :p It was magical.

NRD4toonlink

Smash Cadet
I have spiked with G&W in a practice match with my crew agasint another crew O: its so easy for me now just takes a good under standing of the ither chracters recovery and what stage ur playing, most spikes i have done with G&W were on Picto chat and agaainst a friends CF :3 epic ownsaunce i might add

Denfo

Smash Rookie
Grabbed a Yoshi during transition to 1st stage of Castle Siege. The fear in his eyes was delicious. Floor slowly fell to the bottom kill zone while I was d-throwing him. One of us survived; it wasn't him. It was gorgeous.

NRD4toonlink

Smash Cadet
Thats sounds like epuc own sauce, which i might add is more powerful that chuck norris's eye drops " 10 alarm lava hot sauce from venus "

I was playing a friend of my offline (no lag thank G&W) and he counter picked FD with his falco ( never read the counter pick thread for G&W i assume) and i dthrow to a dsmash near the edge and tried to Bair him, i only got half the frames of the bair and we are both under FD's lip, decide to be epic and B him for that semi spikeand stage spike him (barely) and i make a risky recovery, and at the end of it, i yell MIND GAMES AND WATCH MUTHA****A

Truly own sauce.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Gotta sick spike today. Teams match, both my opponents at about 110%. I daired off the side of halberd (i think) Spiked one to his death, killed the other one via star KO

it'll be in my combo video, if i ever decide i make it.

JCav

Smash Lord
Gotta sick spike today. Teams match, both my opponents at about 110%. I daired off the side of halberd (i think) Spiked one to his death, killed the other one via star KO

it'll be in my combo video, if i ever decide i make it.
where is this vid?

do i have it?

alt-F4

Smash Ace
I was playing my friend's IC's the other day and I spiked Nana with USmash on the edge of Frigate, Popo shot up like normal though.

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
i got about 5 dthrow spikes on battlefield, 4 being fatal. it's when i used to wait on the edge for my opponent to come up and i would shield grab and try it, and usually it's DI'd, but i was lucky enough to get it.

as for dair spikes, i only try them on snake. i've gotten it a few times, about twice fatal i think.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
In pools at HOBO 17 I grabbed a Wario at the edge of smashville so that his feet were off the ledge.

I waited for the grab release.

Then I jumped up and spike him. Game!

Top Bottom