• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many tournaments have you been to?

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
I wanted to see how many tournaments people go to and how it connects to how good they are. I've been to 2, which is why im not as experienced/good, but im wondering how it affects others

MasterShake

Smash Lord
I've played since 07, I'd say about 30ish as I'm not an avid tourneygoer, plus norcal was in a ****ing tournament drought for a while.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I had a sheet of paper where I had been keeping a tally of all of the tournaments that I've been to. It's somewhere, but I can't find it now. I know I'm somewhere between 35-40 now.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
First one in 2006, second in 2008. Was purely casual back then and I just started taking interest in it again a little over a month ago so I'm still considering myself a beginner. I haven't been to another one yet but i'll be able to start going to them soon and when I do I plan on going every chance I get.

Bing

Smash Master
hm... I went to 2 at the start of 2011...

Then I went to September to Decembers GTA monthlies, Missed the January one because I spent too much money at Apex. February and March.

So 9 I guess... though I dont really count the first two because I was so trash I barely took part XD

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
The reason i dont go, is because im too young to go places, and no car, or a job to give money xD Im literally saving up lunch money for tournaments, because i REALLY wanna get good

Svetsunov

Smash Apprentice
Two very small Cupertino tournaments(about 16 people).

First one I didn't make it out of brackets Falcon was EVERYWHERE in this one.

Second one I placed like 8th or something.

Honestly i dont think i improved as a player from either of these, there was a pretty big skill gap.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Five tourneys. 1 local in 2009
3 in 2010
and a Out of country tourney (Apex 2012)

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I haven't been to enough.
It sucks having no car and I'm still in highschool, so I can't really do anything...
I'm also in Ohio, which doesn't have that many tourneys...

anyway, I've been to 3. As soon as I can drive I'll go to a lot more.
as soon as I'm in college, I'll travel out of state more.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Started with Apex, been to 5 (6 if you count the hotel tourney in the hyatt at apex)

I'd say im doing alright so far

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I estimate, even though I have been an active member of the community since 2006 (old profile got removed), that I have only been to maybe 5-10 tourneys including my own (3 of them were my own). I enjoy hosting and stuff, but life hit me hard for a number of years and I have only recently (within the last yr 2011) bounced back and started to help expand this community more than ever before.

I really reminisce the old Melee tourney days, back before Brawl (although I enjoy Brawl), I loved Melee so much. I remember how epic Cataclysm was and how for my first tourney, it blew me away completely and left a lasting impression on me as a smasher.

Hope you enjoyed my mini essay :-/

Top Bottom