• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how many people use kirby's down B in battle?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I use it sometimes, lolz. But only if the other person is a complete idiot. ^__^.

I prefer FSmash and BAir for my kills anyway.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Know that I think of it, I don't use this move too often like before.... I need to use it more because of Lip's Garbage Block. ^_^

Glick

Smash Lord
Does anybody else do the down b mindgame where you release two feet about the ground and your opponent goes to a sliding upsmash or something and you go back into a rock and hit them?

wk4c

Smash Rookie
I spam it against n00bs, just to have some fun. :D

When I'm playing against a skilled player, I still use it, but probably only twice a match. In between those two, I usually get one KO. So it is a nice move when you can get set up for it, imo.

Glick said:
Does anybody else do the down b mindgame where you release two feet about the ground and your opponent goes to a sliding upsmash or something and you go back into a rock and hit them?
It rarely ever works, and I always got majorly punished for it, so I stopped doing it. I think it worked like, twice out of twenty tries...the other 18 I got grabbed and couldn't make up the difference and regain my ground after that(Speedy guys = massive amounts of hits in such a short time.).

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
stone is okay... but spammers must die. it's also good to avoid FS's like mario's, peach's, IC's, and olimar's

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I don't remember if I've posted this in this thread before, and I'm posting it in like 3 today, but I got the most amazing stone kill (After Asidoh's :laugh:) yesterday, and I must share:

Pirate Ship/Delfino (mine was on Pirate ship, but it works on either). Go gimp your opponent's recovery with Dair. Who gives a **** if it doesn't spike kill: As they float back up, rock them in the face. Buh-bye Samus. (As Digm said at the end of the match after killing me despite that amazing kill: "Oh... so THAT's what you meant about stone being good here.")

Seriously though, water stages = spam stone edge-guards and Dair>Stone.

Glick

Smash Lord
I spam it against n00bs, just to have some fun. :D

When I'm playing against a skilled player, I still use it, but probably only twice a match. In between those two, I usually get one KO. So it is a nice move when you can get set up for it, imo.

It rarely ever works, and I always got majorly punished for it, so I stopped doing it. I think it worked like, twice out of twenty tries...the other 18 I got grabbed and couldn't make up the difference and regain my ground after that(Speedy guys = massive amounts of hits in such a short time.).

Actually in my experience it works fairly well against skilled players. I use it more in doubles though.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I'm the same, though I don't use it to edgeguard all that often. I've gotten good at using it pretty unpredictably, my favorite is to use it at nearly point-blank range when nobody expects it.
I learned about the edgeguard stone when you killed me with it... :(. I love using it on one of my friends, it's so fun. I've gotten into the habit of telling him how I'll kill him (Dair, Fsmash, Stone, Aerial Hammer, Usmash,...), and then doing some other thing (he doesn't seem to learn...). I love using stone on him and just destroying him. It's also fun when you do an earthquake-edgeguard (epic). There was also this one extremely epic kill where we were both Kirby, I was juggling him with Uair, he used stone, I airdodged, used stone, and landed on top of him right as he came out... I also have one or two Wifi kills like that one you did to me, Asidoh.

I've used it too much recently, as my playstyle has taken a huge jump back from playing all these good people... it was going forward before that.

Equus

Smash Cadet
Apart from recovery, I normally only use Stone against smash spammers or anybody who likes to chase me into the air. If I ever get good at midair footstool > Stone, I might add that to my game.

Slush

Smash Cadet
I like to use it very rarely, usually to kill instead of just damaging with Dair. Or in the air as a fakeout.

KirbyBeatBox

Smash Rookie
Kirby's rock is very helpful IMO. It's especially good against people who like to charge Up smashs after they hit me in the air. The funny part is the fact that they like to keep doing it many times in a match. I also like using it as a shield in certain circumstances, but only rarely because people catch on soon enough.

Kaabi

Smash Cadet
Don't. I think the original is better.

But anyway, the stone is excellent in the air. You can move down really fast while causing damage. that way you can punish poor aerials and catch your enemy off-guard. I also use it to return after being launched vertically. And with Kirby's float it's easily to be above your enemies :)

I try not to use it as a shield though. The lag when Kirby gets out has caused me quite some problems.

Holms

Smash Ace
Good against mk's who wanna send you off the stage via shuttle loop. At least, it works for me, basically for anyone who for some strange reason tries to best Kirby via the air.

I tend to use it to escape combos or to try to surprise my opponent. If the surprise fails, I just stay as stone and let them grab me; it's usually much safer than taking a smash attack or some other strong attack unless the grab is something like squirtle's down-b at high damage...

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
Hi.

I only use down B when someone is annoying me with tedious ground play, or when we are both near the top of the screen and they try to do some horrible move.

If you down B while near the top, the move automatically tosses the opponent upward, and seeing on how the screen boundary is horribly near, it almost always results in a KO.

If you want to try this, make sure both of you are off screen.

Yup. Good luck fellow Kirbster.

dontHATEthe@ddict

Smash Rookie
definitely best for mindgames. especially good when your opponent is falling from an upwards trajectory. just jump towards them like you're going to use your uair (at this point they either air dodge or dair) but instead you skirt around them with one of your many available jumps as Kirby then use your down B while they still try to recover from their dodge or dair. works every time, for me at least.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Everyone seems to forget about this application, so I'l say it again:

On stages withwater, Dair spike them into the water, and when they float back up (since I don't think Kirby's spike is strong enough to kill in water. I've never done it anyway.), stone them. There's no way they can avoid it.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
Agreed, fromundaman.

But, if you aren't accurate, theirs is some punishment coming yourway.
Unless you shorthop and neutral out of stone.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
But, if you aren't accurate, theirs is some punishment coming yourway.
Unless you shorthop and neutral out of stone.
If you were still talking to me, the water brings you out of stone, so the only danger is doing it too early against a character who can spike kill you.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
I use it occasionally. Often for edgeguarding, gimping recoveries, help me recover.

I also set up mindgames with it: Use it high in the air after getting hit high, the opponent will roll out of the way, cancel it in midair, the opponent will usually get back under you and charge an attack or something, the do Down-B again, and smash right into them. :)

Very satisfying.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Since this thread got revived, allow me to say I hate it on Lylat. Every time I go to do it when the stage slopes, and it gets back to a fairly stable state when I land and I end up not sliding, which gets me punished... ARG!

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Since this thread got revived, allow me to say I hate it on Lylat. Every time I go to do it when the stage slopes, and it gets back to a fairly stable state when I land and I end up not sliding, which gets me punished... ARG!
That usually happens to me on Yoshi's Island (brawl). I use stone when the platform is all the way tipped, then it reverse, and I get a fully charged smash (or if I'm lucky, only a grab) to my face.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
That usually happens to me on Yoshi's Island (brawl). I use stone when the platform is all the way tipped, then it reverse, and I get a fully charged smash (or if I'm lucky, only a grab) to my face.
But when I played you, you used Stone to your advantage when the platform tilted, and that made you fall on top of me and landed surprise attacks on me, btw, good tactic.

Kaiasian

Smash Cadet
I use it occasionally. Often for edgeguarding, gimping recoveries, help me recover.

I also set up mindgames with it: Use it high in the air after getting hit high, the opponent will roll out of the way, cancel it in midair, the opponent will usually get back under you and charge an attack or something, the do Down-B again, and smash right into them. :)

Very satisfying.
Ahh... yes. I love doing that :D

And i also use stone when you get hit up into the air, and your opponent jumps up to hit you and you use stone and hit them. Good feeling.
Stone is also good for fastfalling and getting you under the ledge safely while recovering

Top Bottom