• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many mains do you have?

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I can't make myself have more than one competitive main. I can only condition myself to knowing and understanding one move set and style of play, especially given that Sonic's is so unique. It's just not as easy for me to switch from character to character. At least under tourney rules. In item friendlies I'll use Snake, Wario, and Olimar, just to screw around. I've tried those guys under tourney rules and I'm just overmatched. No chance.

Smoo

Smash Rookie
In the past week its changed 12 times. Its presently DDD. I use C.Falcon for fun but I could main with him also. So many options.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
about 9-10, 3 of them are just for fun and for backup against certain stituations.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I only have one main, because you can only have one main. Any other character is an alternative.

Main: :samus2:
Secondaries: :zerosuitsamus: :pit: :diddy:

etecoon

Smash Hero
mains:

I play these characters a little:

I play these even less and am mostly pretty bad with them:

(no particular order within groups)

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Just two mains: :marth: :samus2:

Otherwise, I mess around with everyone some.

Honestly, I can't understand how people can have 5 mains and still be equally good with all of them. I'd go insane remembering frame, sweetspot, and attack property data for all of them...

Project D

Smash Journeyman
Main:

Secondary: I'm attempting to find one, so far it is

Not good with Mario yet

OK maybe it isn't Mario! it maybe...

@Zeruel21 - well to be honest, I don't know anything about the frames and data nonsense, I jsut aim for the kill.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Main: :peach:

Secondaries: :pt::jigglypuff::yoshi2::luigi2::diddy:

I play a lot of people, and sometimes my PT and Luigi are about as good as my Peach.

S.K.I.D

Smash Cadet
sweet i found out to put faces on

Main: :falco:
Secondaries: :toonlink: :pikachu: :snake:

I think falco is by far my best of those 4

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Mains: :falco: :wolf: :rob:

Secondaries: :metaknight: :dedede: :snake: :dk2:

For Messing About: :bowser2: :ganondorf: :falcon: :luigi2: :ike: :diddy: (I'm decent with a few of those)

I sometimes mess about with my mains and seconds, but I need to update my gameplay(learn the new techs that I missed out and stuff)

Koala

Smash Cadet
Mains: Pikachu, Snake

Messing Around: Kirby, Diddy Kong, Toon Link, Random for fun

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I have 3 mains: Zelda/Shiek, Pit, and Zero Suit Samus (all about equal, but I use Zelda/Shiek the most)

And then 3 I like to use but I'm not awesome at: Yoshi, Kirby, and Mario.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Still choosing but likely it may be a miax of these six: Bowser, DK, Toon Link, Snake, Pit and Wario

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
MEWTWO!!!!!!!!!!!! jk I wish.....

Mains: G&W, MK, Marth, Cpt. Falcon, Link, Mario, Pkmn. Trainer

Secondary: Peach, Diddy, DK, Toon Link, Luigi, Pikachu

Sub: Jigglypuff, Ike, Bowser, ROB

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Mains: G&W, MK, Marth, Cpt. Falcon, Link, Mario, Pkmn. Trainer

Secondary: Peach, Diddy, DK, Toon Link, Luigi, Pikachu

Sub: Jigglypuff, Ike, Bowser, ROB
^^^This quote is unbelievable. -_-...I laughed so hard at it when at the first glance.

Everybody should literally have only one main, which I think there's no such thing as having more than one main. It just doesn't make sense. And the rest of your so called "mains" should all be secondaries. Secondaries are suppose to counter your one main's bad matchups.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Wouldn't it be impossible to have multiple main characters? I mean, determining something as a main would be the highest priority. It is very difficult to have multiple things holding highest priority, but even if you did you wouldn't have main"s." You would still have an opinionated favorite (most likely) or one that you are naturally better with. Which ever one that fits that would be your main and the others would be secondaries if not co-mains much like a star of a show and an equally important character in said show as a co-star.

Doesn't that make more sense?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Wouldn't it be impossible to have multiple main characters? I mean, determining something as a main would be the highest priority. It is very difficult to have multiple things holding highest priority, but even if you did you wouldn't have main"s." You would still have an opinionated favorite (most likely) or one that you are naturally better with. Which ever one that fits that would be your main and the others would be secondaries if not co-mains much like a star of a show and an equally important character in said show as a co-star.

Doesn't that make more sense?
Read my previous post people. Yeah I pretty much just said that. There's no such thing as having more than one main period.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Read your post? Nah, I don't read non-OP posts. I look at the first page and then post regardless of where the conversation went or is at not to mention checking to see if the point I brought up has already been brought up at least once before.

Oh, and thread date. That is unimportant too.
In other words, sorry I posted like a n00b and didn't read the thread before replying. Doesn't happen much.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I main three characters, and four secondaries right now. Marth, Ike, and Ness is my main, then Pit, ROB, Luigi, Lucas, and Sheik is my secondaries.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
It makes no sense for one to say he has more than one main.
I'll say instead that I mainly play these 5 characters (in order of preference): Pit, Ike, Sonic, Samus, and Snake. I just pick characters that I find fun.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I try to use 1 character from every franchise, which means I have around 20 characters...

But my mains are Samus, and my secondary is Meta Knight (I know, cheap and overused, blah-blah-blah). I also use Sonic, Lucario, and Wolf a bit more than other characters.

tgrove69

Smash Cadet
Main: Jigglypuff.
Secondary: Ike, Metaknight, Game and Watch, R.O.B, Toon Link, Zelda

I wish I could play well with Bowser and Sonic. That would be cool.

Tmathh

Smash Rookie
my best character (most of the time) is Falco

secondary: ToonLink Marth Kirby Lucario Sheik

buts its werid cuz im pretty sure falcos my best and i definitely know the most about him... but i sometimes will do better with one of my 2nds...it depends on who im fighting really

Top Bottom