• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How is Captain Falcon the worst character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
This is funny, cause I just fought a CF mainer that went to a tournament in Naples the other night. When I fought him, he definitely showed me some stuff that I didn't know CF had, like the Raptor Boost Spike. >_>
Yeah, I still beat the crap out of his CF after that, but he definitely showed me that CF has some potential out there that's untapped. Remember, in Melee, Marth was crap before Ken came, and Captain Falcon was crap until the Epic Knee was discovered.

This is the sole reason why I will never say any character is horrible, because it's too soon to say that. I'd also like to say kudos to all the CF mainers here for enduring this "He's the worst character" stuff. I can tell that in the future he'll come back to his former glory.
SEE this is what I like to hear, look for the positive. Falcon will find a way. Lol that was funny. Yes though his raptor boost is one hell of a spike but dangerous.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
When you brawled me did you notice I only used Dsmash most of the time Usmash rare
yes..:)
you should (if you want offcourse XD) try to mix in hyphen smashes into your game:) a hyphen smash is good for punishing and sometimes approaching:)

Zeallyx

i main JP. and when he said jP has a range problem again CF and such i had to put something to defend JP.

anyway im on the side thats says "yeah CF aint so great, but he can make life very unplesant for you if the player knows what their doing." does that explain better
yeah:) then we are on the same side ;)

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
I know some characters have a hard time killing,but they also have things to back it up:
Sonic has his specials and speed.
Peach has turnips and her aerials cchani very well.Also,good edgeguard due to float and that.
Sheik can rack up % ultra fast.
Still,maybe I didnt put it clear:The biggest problem of Falcon is no hitstun.And then comes things like priority and no safe kill move.And the fact that in Melee every combo ended with an epic Knee.

Anthonysmash

Smash Apprentice
His aerials are a lot slower, especially his dair. Multiple air dodges allowed in brawl & perfect shielding screwed his knee. If you want to master falcon work on abusing his bair.
a smart CF player isn't going to try to f-air people on the ground, and abusing his b-air doesn't mean master CF, i will help A LOT though

i main JP. and when he said jP has a range problem again CF and such i had to put something to defend JP.

anyway im on the side thats says "yeah CF aint so great, but he can make life very unplesant for you if the player knows what their doing." does that explain better
J-puff does have a range problem against CF though, her n-air is kind of a bad move imo but yea f-special (pound) is a pain in the ***. A pain which is easily relieved by approaching from below when J-puff is in the air.

Zeallyx

a smart CF player isn't going to try to f-air people on the ground, and abusing his b-air doesn't mean master CF, i will help A LOT though

J-puff does have a range problem against CF though, her n-air is kind of a bad move imo but yea f-special (pound) is a pain in the ***. A pain which is easily relieved by approaching from below when J-puff is in the air.
yes, when appraoching from below..
but no choice when beeing Wop'd right?
(I mean no getting below jiggly when getting Wop'd)

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
I know some characters have a hard time killing,but they also have things to back it up:
Sonic has his specials and speed.
Peach has turnips and her aerials cchani very well.Also,good edgeguard due to float and that.
Sheik can rack up % ultra fast.
Still,maybe I didnt put it clear:The biggest problem of Falcon is no hitstun.And then comes things like priority and no safe kill move.And the fact that in Melee every combo ended with an epic Knee.
So his D air doesn't have any hitstun what so ever?

sniperfire

Smash Cadet
Behind you...with a Machine Gun.....and a Bomb.
I really dont understand why he is worst.I got some reasons(no specic order)
1:2 powerful KO moves
2: Raptor Boost spike
3:Studdersteps
4:Running speed
5:Reversible special
6:Useful autocanceling
7:Up air combo
8:Chaingrab
9:Edgeguarding is Decent
10:EXTREMELY useful stage spiking
11:THE EPICNESS OF FALCON HIMSELF!
If you have a question, ask, and i'll give you a good reason

Anthonysmash

Smash Apprentice
This argument has become very situational. And yes, you can't approach from below when being WoP'd, i'm just gonna wait until i get the vids up to show you guys stuff

Roager

Smash Ace
@sniperfire: #6 TECHNICALLY applies to all characters. It's just way easier with the Falcon Punch. as for #8, Chaingrabs only help against heavies for me, but if there's more, lemme know. aside from that, you might want to add that he has not only the raptor boost spike, but also the dair spike, which is often safer. So, uh, yeah...

sniperfire

Smash Cadet
@sniperfire: #6 TECHNICALLY applies to all characters. It's just way easier with the Falcon Punch. as for #8, Chaingrabs only help against heavies for me, but if there's more, lemme know. aside from that, you might want to add that he has not only the raptor boost spike, but also the dair spike, which is often safer. So, uh, yeah...
I dont know if anyone has found out about this, but you can chaingrab smaller characters very effectively by doing this
G-F throw-G-D throw-G-F throw-G-D throw
When i say G i mean grab.
Sorta like an alternating CG, huh?
I did on ROBQ's ness and it pwnd @$$

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
JP nair has very good priority and covers below JP's body. since JP is in the Air 90% of the time learing how to deal with people who want to aim at you from below is one of the first things you learn as JP. also how can you approach from below JP if it SH low?

yeah:) then we are on the same side ;)
ok. thats what i was hoping for. :)

I really dont understand why he is worst.I got some reasons(no specic order)
1:2 powerful KO moves
2: Raptor Boost spike
3:Studdersteps
4:Running speed
5:Reversible special
6:Useful autocanceling
7:Up air combo
8:Chaingrab
9:Edgeguarding is Decent
10:EXTREMELY useful stage spiking
11:THE EPICNESS OF FALCON HIMSELF!
If you have a question, ask, and i'll give you a good reason
1. KO moves aren't that strong, i feel they should be stronger, and the stronger ones tend to be very laggy on startup and cool down. mindegames ftw
2. yes, but how often are people spiked by it unless they try to edgeguard you? and some things like JP Nair break it.
3. yes
4. yes
5. meh. thats not gonna fool people forever. its just fun to do 360 Falcon punch lol
6.um, Fair and Dair can be forced to autocancel, but most of his aerials don't autocancel that fast.
7.nice, but can be airsidestepped
8. O.o this is new to me, on who amy i ask?
9. yes
10. meh 50/50 here
11. you sir get a cookie

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
"I dont know if anyone has found out about this, but you can chaingrab smaller characters very effectively by doing this
I did on ROBQ's ness and it pwnd @$$" (Sniperfire)

Hm never tried that, just thought of a foward throw chaingrab. For like two times.

Roager

Smash Ace
"I dont know if anyone has found out about this, but you can chaingrab smaller characters very effectively by doing this
I did on ROBQ's ness and it pwnd @$$"
never tried it. I've only been able to pull off cg-like stuff doing f-throws against DK and Boozer. Sometimes Ganny. If this is good for smalls, it'll help me a lot against my friend's pika. I hate pika... so much...
(sorry, pika fans... nothing personal)

C.O.C.K

Smash Cadet
HITSTUN. and he wears a scarf. hehehe.
but really the sweetspot on all of his moves suck. Recovery is easily gimable. Has slow moves and laggy cool downs

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
never tried it. I've only been able to pull off cg-like stuff doing f-throws against DK and Boozer. Sometimes Ganny. If this is good for smalls, it'll help me a lot against my friend's pika. I hate pika... so much...
(sorry, pika fans... nothing personal)
He was fine before he had this long as heck hitbox, and spam ville ;-; His Dsmash is a bit.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
He's to manly to be placed in the same Tier as Meta Knight and Snake. He likes to hang out at the bottom and show the low-tier characters how to be manly. Although as of now, he's having trouble with Yoshi and Jigglypuff. Mario gets the idea, though.

Denzi

Smash Master
^ Good question:laugh:.

And I don't think so much that he's bad, it's just that they're not used to the new Falcon.

zippo074

Smash Cadet
captin flacon is aweome
hes not the best but i can think of so many worse and better people

yoshi
jiggly
ness
dedede
diddy
Ness by far kinda owns falcon. Since all of captain falcons special moves have a long lag period, ness can steer pk thunder directly behind him and do insane damage on C.F. ...
He could also try to do a pk flash and start up a crazy combo if C.F. is left lagging from a falcon punch or w/e.. And while recovering with his Up+B ness could start up a pillar spike. Ness has alot of potential if you know how his aerials and special moves "Physics" work. But don't get me wrong, if you know how to control a Ness's aerials and his infamous pillar spike,
you're well on your way.

Roager

Smash Ace
Actually, C.O.C.K. (I think it was you who said it, sorry if it's not) Falcon's recovery is not nearly as easily gimped as it used to be, barring Waddle Dees and the like. The side b and up b have both gotten much bigger hitboxes than before. Not gimp-proof, of course, but not as bad as most seem to think.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
He's to manly to be placed in the same Tier as Meta Knight and Snake. He likes to hang out at the bottom and show the low-tier characters how to be manly. Although as of now, he's having trouble with Yoshi and Jigglypuff. Mario gets the idea, though.
Lol, Meta knight should be down there though thats not cool. Yoshi will never be manly ever.

sniperfire

Smash Cadet
I did on ROBQ's ness and it pwnd @$$" (Sniperfire)

Hm never tried that, just thought of a foward throw chaingrab. For like two times.
Try it sometime.I know it works on ness and lucas.(poor guys getting r@ped by grabs all over now)

Roager

Smash Ace
SNAKE. BIG NOOSA!
I tested on pikachu....good news and even better news.
You can Alt cg him and even better...40+ damage when its done right.
WHOO!
Kool. Anyone else (or sniperfire) have any other good stuff like this to contribute? This is the kind of thing we need.

sniperfire

Smash Cadet
What do you guys think i should name my combo?
Here it is
Do a knee while they are on ground
Dash attack
Up smash
FALCOOON PAWNCH
This only works on low damage percentiles because it normally ends up KO'ing them.
Characters to use it against:DK,TBT(to be tested)
Damage in end:75%(WHOO...)

Anthonysmash

Smash Apprentice
Ok, i just got done playing with a few of my friends, and J-Puffs n-air won't stop CF's u-air, because the hitbox covers such a big area CF and just pick people right off the ground if done correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom