• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How good is your wavedash?

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Do you mean distance-wise or consistency?

I'm pretty consistent myself, but I don't wanna brag.

person701

Smash Journeyman
*super wavedashes with Marth* I'd say that's pretty **** good.

My Marth's WD is great all around, Shiek (who I'm picking back up) is decent, Fox (in working as a main) is decent also. Only problem is these three keep screwing up my Falco's WD. It feels like I have to wait so long just to WD >.<

Zodiac

Smash Master
I have a good wave dash, I hereby initiate he 2008 wavedash awards! Make you nominations now!

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
LUL, IT'S PERSON.

What's sad is, I never learned a tech for Melee, I was almost oblivious to the internet.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
My WD with Roy is super uber duperly awesome!!:laugh: It's pretty decent with Bowser also. But absolutely TERRIBLE with falco...:(

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
First time I saw someone WD, I thought it was AR, or possibly some form of witchcraft. Then I did it myself. Excellent. Fox: Most consistent, and I can get them pretty far. Falcon: also quite consistent. Falco: still getting a feel for it. His WD seems harder for some reason.

Foxy

Smash Master
hot **** that's sexy, magus

on topic: anyone who plays really seriously can wavedash pretty much perfectly with every character. it's really not hard, just something you get a feel for. if you're just learning and still have room to improve, just try to find places to try putting wavedashes into your matches, even if it isn't helpful, and just doing it on the fly like that will get you comfortable and a week or so of playing with wavedashing in mind and you'll be basically perfect.

edit: yeah pink reaper basically said the exact same thing, i didn't read the thread first.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
My wavedash is great when I'm focused on doing it. But when I'm trying to show off with dash dancing to wavedashes, I tend to either miss the airdodge and just jump, or I accidentally airdodge horizontally through the air.

More practice is in order.

Zodiac

Smash Master
-Longest Wavedash *coughluigicough*
-Best Constant Wavedash
-Longest Waveland

... lol all for the fun of it:laugh:
for real though....There should be smasher awards.

categoreys -

Most technical -
Best Wavedasher
Biggest scrub -

gr8ape

Smash Apprentice
Its pretty good thank you.

I cant chase a missile on fd with samus though

ice-

Smash Journeyman
Anyone with at least the median level of skill can wavedash perfectly with 99% consistency. Its not a difficult technique. Now the **** Magus does with wavelands, thats crazy >_>

qft

I suck, and I wavedash quite well, now if this was a shdl w/jump canceled shines thrown in there, it would be a different story.

Oracle

Smash Master
I'm beast with luigi, YL, DK, and Doc's wavedash (though I don't main YL or DK). I'm working on shiek and Gannon.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I can wavedash consistently with all characters, the only problems I usually have with wavedashing are with falco, especially waveshines and wavedashing between blasters. I'm probably only at 60% consistency for those, but I am improving, I just started trying to waveshine only a month ago, and already can do it fast enough with fox to infinite wallshine, and can do it quite consistently. Anyway, Silent Wolf wins all tech skill awards. M2K wins anything else. Enough said.

MassofthePhoenix

Smash Cadet
I'd say mine is definetly decent, I'm still working on perfecting sheiks timing with it, and it seems much easier for me to wave dash left than right for somereason ( using different part of my thumb?) but for the most part its pretty good.

CaptHappyFace

Smash Apprentice
My WD is ok, I mess up only once in a while but eh. For some reason when it comes to both Wd's and Lcancels my fingers (i guess) anticipate the movement needed. In other words I actually have to TRY to do it sometimes, resulting in messing up if you know what I mean lol.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
Nice use of WD and WLing, Pink Reaper

My wavedashing is decent but the only problem I have is doing it consistently, like 5 or more times..

I can waveland pretty good but still mess up...

King~

Smash Champion
My WD is really good with marth and shiek, i was called gay the either day by friend cause i kept doin simple stuff like running foward and WD backwards or DD to WD

i can do falcos consistently but it hurts after for some reason

~rh

Smash Lord
Mine was very consistent until I played Brawl. now whenever we play Melee I'm only decent.

It's just a joke because Sheik doesn't require too much technical skill at all to be necessary and win. Not saying she doesn't when it comes to every technique though.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
My Samus' has gotten almost perfect, I still jump out once in a while when messing around.

Aside from that, my WD is horrible with anyone other than Sheik or Marth, probably because I'm so used to Samus' timing.

Top Bottom