• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How good is your wavedash?

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Whats more important is what you do with the wavedash
QFT.
With Marth, I use it for general spacing. It's important for chaingrabbing with Doc and such.
I don't play as Falco often, but I don't really have a problem with his wavedash.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
My wave dash is a quite a bit below average, I only seem to be able to wave dash consistently in a very serious match. Basically when I really want or need to do it I can. If I do it to show off I can't consistently do it.

Doesn't hinder my play too much, I just use different techs more often...

game set

Smash Apprentice
my bowser dash is too pro. I really like how the controller rumbles ech time, makes you feel powerful. I didn't even know how fast alot of character could travel till i worked with their perfected wd, link for example.

Hibiki

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I'm a consistent wavedasher. But it doesn't really matter so much. As wave dashing may be important and may help, but it's not gonna WIN YOU THE MATCH.
Although I do struggle wavedashing with Fox as he is fast, which makes him a bit harder to short hop, shuffl, and wavedash with.
But other then that, yeah, I'm fine.

SaiXander

Smash Apprentice
Augusta/Charleston, South Carolina, basically.
It's hard to get a wavedash feel on characters like Falco, Link, and Mewtwo for some reason. Well, Link isn't so hard, really, since he's my favorite and I've made it work (GERM's videos are quite the inspiration). As for M2 and Falco.... Falco is just awkward for no good reason and M2 turns invisible when I screw one up, and that just throws me off.

Oh, and DK and Bowser seem too large to wavedash usefully..... the most they could probably do is slide to grab edges and MAYBE evade an incoming aireal, which would probably be better off SG'd anyway.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Ya know... Might as well just talk about this but...
For the most part wavedashing with every character is pretty easy. Except one character...
Sheik. It's not that I can't do it proficiently, it just feels a little... Empty. It's a fast wavedash with very little slide.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I can only do about one-three wavedashes (is that even the right term?) in a row. Only if i'm extremely lucky can I do more.

But then again, I do pretty well without it so it really doesn't matter.

.Marik

is a social misfit
wavedashing should only take you about a week to learn how to do it consistently
No, I meant that I have to concentrate, and my fingers kill after a while.

Well, I've been neglecting Melee for Brawl as of late, so I'm probably... still the same.

falcofox121SHL

Smash Cadet
*super wavedashes with Marth* I'd say that's pretty **** good.

My Marth's WD is great all around, Shiek (who I'm picking back up) is decent, Fox (in working as a main) is decent also. Only problem is these three keep screwing up my Falco's WD. It feels like I have to wait so long just to WD >.<

falco wd is a weird timing
well my friends tell me anyways

i dont see a weird timing cause iv been maining falco for like 2 years
hahaa

but luigi has got the super wavedash

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
GAH when i played melee(not including this last week)

i was 8 and was oblivious to the internet, knew nothing of SH WD or L cancelling....

now i am still trying to learn

ynnek123

Smash Ace
lol4monthbump

and vyse, where HAVEN'T you posted this when wavedashing came up? xD

it's still ****

badass indeed though

and the only hard

wavedash is bowsers

for some

reason lol

yes I tried

Mango post

lol

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My Wavedashing is broken.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
My wavedash is so good that when I perform said advanced technique other people quit out of their matches thinking they've lost.

Geist

Smash Master
In 1984, I won the world series wavedashing championship that was located in Peru, and appeared on multiple documentaries including National Geographic's "Wavedashing: A culture" and Discovery's "Myth or Legend?"

I can also superwavedash.

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
mine with fox is consistant but i have been practicing the perfect wavedash and i can do it ok i guess but im just juch when adding the shine..

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Mine is decent for someone with my inexperience. It took me a very, very long time to grasp exactly why I needed to wavedash, but I figured it out eventually. For some reason, it was easier to do it with Mario.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
My wavedash is excellent, quite consistent. I mess up a waveshine every now and then, but not too often.

Top Bottom