• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how does peepee do those mega fast waveshines back and forth?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
everything looks faster on tape. if u ever record urself then watch the recording u look a lot faster than u felt u were

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Haha alright. =p

I just do it really quickly. One day I said "I want to do these as fast as I can." So I did.

I also use X to jump out of my shine, but I don't recommend that lol.

Orrrr I could be cheating.....
high five for using X!

Y makes the most sense if you're learning from scratch, but waveshining isn't that fast, so you shouldn't have to screw around with what buttons you're using for it.

X1-12

Smash Champion
if you get a lvl 1 bowser (or a player bowser and just plug in an empty controller) and set his handicap to 9 and yours to 1 you can just go up to him and waveshine on him and he'll just more barely at all up and a little sideways then you can waveshine back and forth and try to get one on each side of him or if you cant waveshine at all then just try doing it in place at first

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
I use x always have? Why not? I have big fingers. Biggers than yours : P doesn't hold me back lol

Metà

Smash Master
I watched his hands haha. He slides his thumb right over A (which doesn't do any functional inputs while in the shine) to x. I use X as well, I don't slide over A though.
I've done this for years. I've seen a lot of other people use it too.

Honestly, it just feels like the easiest way to do waveshines... or maybe I'm just used to it, idk

Wingu

Smash Rookie
I've done this for years. I've seen a lot of other people use it too.

Honestly, it just feels like the easiest way to do waveshines... or maybe I'm just used to it, idk
Its not like I have sweaty fingers or anything but wouldn't friction actually slow you down? Idk I haven't tried it like this but I use y anyways.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
aarosmashguy/god is the fastest waveshiner i've ever met, and he does the b slide over a to x method. it's super loud when he does it lol. i can do it about as fast as him, but only standing in place, because i normally use R to wavedash, but when i whip my thumb across the controller super fast for this motion, i have to use L and it just feels weird. just try it out and practice tho.

lndignant

Smash Rookie
It's not that hard to do, one day I said I wanted to learn and by the end of the day I told my mom to go home...that's how good I am. But I use the controlstick to wavedash and such so it's a bit harder. That's what he said.

Top Bottom