• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do you waveland shorthopped Bairs?

otg

Smash Master
Practice? Learn to do the Bair the second you jump without any wiggle room in between. There is actually a pretty large window in which you can input the Waveland, so just get comfy. Try using Z to do the aerial if you're really having a hard time using Cstick or A, it's pretty easy.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i guess it is only practice and the question is pretty dumb because obviously i theoretically know how to do it.

So its all about using the Bair immediately after jumping eh? *goes to practice*

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
OTG- thats a good idea :chuckle:

It's just a case of practicing and getting the aerial out quick enough after you jump. I use the control stick most of the time cos the C sticks a lot harder

St. Viers

Smash Champion
man, I wanted to say that it;s by shorthopping, b-airing, and then wavelanding...but it seems he knows this >_>

yeah, just practice--doc isn't the most technical character

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
He's up there though. Mostly just because of the up B cancel. Actually, only because of the up B cancel. And the Tornado thing.

otg

Smash Master
Doc .... technical? I think we can do a list of characters who are more technical (starting from the top):

Fox
Falco
Marth
Peach
Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Link
Young Link
Ness
Yoshi
Mewtwo

I could make arguments for others as well, but these are almost definite.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
The up B cancel is like... frame perfect timing! Who else has techs that need that? Fox, Falco and Samus. 'Sright. GG. Nub.

Roman.

Smash Champion
i thought we agreed that upb cancel isn't useless, just too hard to be consistant with

same with samus' swd, it's useful but just really hard

edit: and im guessing for fox/falco, they are being referred to multishines?

iirc, they are not frame perfect timing, they have some window

but either way, they are useful just too unreliable

otg

Smash Master
i thought we agreed that upb cancel isn't useless, just too hard to be consistant with

same with samus' swd, it's useful but just really hard

edit: and im guessing for fox/falco, they are being referred to multishines?

iirc, they are not frame perfect timing, they have some window

but either way, they are useful just too unreliable
True, if we could be consistent it would be nice option against shield pressure... and the almighty "nintendo power" done correctly (>>)

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
Doc .... technical? I think we can do a list of characters who are more technical (starting from the top):

Fox
Falco
Marth
Peach
Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Link
Young Link
Ness
Yoshi
Mewtwo

I could make arguments for others as well, but these are almost definite.
lol this is kinda silly.
first of all peach is much more technical than marth XD haha
depending on how you play ic's

ic's is more technical than peach

when did young link become technical? XD (honestly, i dont know **** about YL lol,)
aside from that i agree.

oh and samus is stupidly technical
i await the day i see someone do hylian low riders consistently IN A MATCH. >_>

otg

Smash Master
The list wasn't ranked in terms of how hard they are to use. If that was the case you would see Ness/Yoshi and a few others much higher up here. I did it in terms of there ranking on tiers. As for Y. Link, I don't know much about him, but he seems to have more gimmicks and what not due to his extra projectiles/interesting recovery (hookshot and what not. Doc is sort of... straight forward.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
You don't have to, but not spelling it out tends to break up the aesthetic flow of a sentence.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
True, if we could be consistent it would be nice option against shield pressure... and the almighty "nintendo power" done correctly (>>)
is this true? i remember talking to spikes one time, and he said even if he could do upb cancel like every time, he'd rather do regular upb and land on a platform. so maybe it is viable on FD, but i still try to upb cancel OOS all the time. i dont find it that hard either <_<.

Top Bottom