• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Do You Escape Sheik's Ftilt?

Izzhov

Smash Cadet
Is this move an infinite on any characters? If not, what's the general strategy for getting out of it if an opponent Sheik spams this move endlessly?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't think Olimar gets tiltlocked. Just mash jump.

For characters that DO get tiltlocked, DI up to get utilted/usmashed, DI toward to hope that they don't notice and escape from behind. However, if they do notice then they can easily just turn around and ftilt the other direction to continue the lock.

It really comes down to pick your poison.

If you get ftilted at a low % (like less than 20%) then you should be able to jab or powershield out of it.

Sheik boards, stop being asshats.

Villi

Smash Lord
Have you tried using whistle armor to get out of it? It comes out on the first frame or something. You could maybe do it into a jab or shield grab.

Izzhov

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I know whistle armor (as well as mashing jump) works for Oli, but my friend is a Ganon main, so... :X

Also, thanks to the people who actually helped me. =P

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
Haha... Ganon... sheik literally just has to duck/crawl to avoid 90% of his moves (jab, ftilt, down b, b, grab... etc etc) But yeah, best way to escape the ftilt for Ganon is not to get ftilted in the first place, easier said than done though

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yes, DI up and toward sheik and spam jump

if you are fox/wolf/falcon, there's not a good chance that you will escape

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
It is not out of line for competitive players to find the thought of relinquishing the secrets of countering their own tactics (for free) disagreeable... especially when people seem to diametrically opposed to self experimentation these days. Or searching.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
do the following and you'll completely confuse and bewilder your sheik-playing opponent:

wait for sheik to hit you with a charged upsmash.

but seriously, for most characters you DI up while mashing jump (so you hopefully avoid utilt or other followups). i dunno if this works so well, though. i don't fight against many sheiks...

Charoo

Smash Champion
getting chain tilts on a fast faller in a crew battle is probably one of the greatest thing in brawl. It's like wobbling all over again except not as good. People start screaming and crap haha

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Bowser can Up-B out of it. More characters probably can do that. Like Marth, and maybe Mario, but I haven't tested.

Shiek will eventually be High Tier..

*Puts up flame shield*
Y'know, I don't think you need to worry one bit.
Teh_Spammerer said:
I beat Chu's Snake on Battlefield with Snake and JV 2 stocked it on Smashville with an SD using Sheik and also beat Azen's Snake on Delfino with Sheik. At least one of the kills vs Chu was with Sheik's up B and I killed another Snake in tournament with Sheik's up b. You want to know who I stole the strategy from? KDJ. There's a certain height where if Snake tries to do [insert aeriel here] or he airdodges at that height if Sheik does up b below him she'll be invincible when he's going for an aeriel or hit him after the airdodge if he did it at that height. Sheik is a good character. Ftilt combos ending in uptilt or upsmash, good edgeguarding, needles are gay, grab release upsmash, and using her in conjunction with Zelda is very good.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
We should have no one to fear. This is our division of the boards, Where the greatest sheiks assemble to take down MK's, Snakes and any other creepy crawler!!!

THIS IS HYRULE!!!!!!!!!!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sheik can go up in the mid tier

but going up to high? that would take a lot of hard work by all of us

but i don't doubt : )

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
DIing away is hilarious. You want to get tiltlocked all the way to the ledge, or something?

Top Bottom