• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do you approach women?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Keep one thing in mind: the worst they could do is tell you to piss off. Keep to context, be confident, don't stare at her breasts, and most of all listen to what she has to say. Women, like most people, have got a lot to say, and, like most people, nothing makes them like you more than the knowledge that they've said it to you.

That, or you could just pick Falco and laser them. PEW PEW.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if any of you have ever read The Game but it is a mega-interesting read.

It is a sort of documentary book about a group of professional pick-up artists who do all sorts of things. You will read a lot about talking to women, approaching them, subtle details in interaction. You will enjoy it and be like "wow, that's so cool I have to try that sometime!"

Chances of actually learning anything practical slim to none.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I dunno if any of you have ever read The Game but it is a mega-interesting read.

It is a sort of documentary book about a group of professional pick-up artists who do all sorts of things. You will read a lot about talking to women, approaching them, subtle details in interaction. You will enjoy it and be like "wow, that's so cool I have to try that sometime!"

nah, that book and others likeit have a lot of very useful and practical advise that I've had/seen work in real life.

but most of it is really common sense if you sit back and think about it.

but there's a whole subculture devoted to "pick up". they have strats/terms/etc. everything
there's a forum for it and everything. (and its just as worthless as smashboards is in terms of learning anything lul)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
don't overthink women. attention and affection should be obvious, don't smother or ignore.

some just want to have fun, some are looking for a relationship. it can usually be discovered within the first 5 minutes in conversation depending on the context.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Well out here in Queens, gettin' girls is a matter of how you talk basically. You have to be brave enough to approach them, you have to be at least slightly funny & crazy, and you must be really sweet and smoove with your words. Simple convo: ask what they're interested in, show honest interest.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Just talk to them. haha... they're just girls.

Like seriously... girls aren't THAT intimidating.. or they shouldn't be... they seem to like to put on this unattainable air, which adds to it, but you're not going to be hurt if a girl says no... Seriously? move on and go find somebody else.

Gotta admit, I don't have problems talking to girls, but I also land up in the friend zone a lot, too...

I pretty much lucked into having my fiancee, to be honest... I am lucky with that one...

If you're looking for a serious relationship ,though, then start it out with what a true relationship needs: honesty. Just be yourself, man... go up, start a conversation about something pertaining to your location, what somebody's wearing, the song... etc... and go from there.

Smiling doesn't really hurt, either... like... a real smile... not the "I want to tap that" smile. ha.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
FIRE YOUR LAZARRS!!!

lol j/k.

Umm...be yourself?

XD I was approached by my GF. She approached me, not the other way around. It was at an Anime Club meeting for my school, and she was all, "I love your Hellsing T-Shirt!"

We hit it off from there.

Also, she's a furry, too.

WHAT LUCK!

But seriously, be yourself, and if she can't handle the way you are, leave the ***** alone. Start a simple conversation about something happening at the time, or something that she seems interested in, and give your input on it. When she responds, LISTEN.

Once you stop listening, she stops being interested.

They're people, just like you and I.

When all else fails, tell her to get you a beer n' a sandwich.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I've found that to break the ice you have to find some common ground and keep it. If you start with a comment about your surroundings you have to realize that is only going to so far and afterwords you probably want to introduce yourself.

Personally I'm a big movie buff, and I also try and keep up with pop culture so that its really easy to find crap to relate to, so that is my main base. I'll talk about what films came out this summer or how the song thats playing is on the radio way too much, etc.

I also have no expectations whatsoever. It probably has nothing to do with you, not every girl wants to talk/drink/dance with people they didn't come with. You really don't need to act like because she turned you down she didn't like something about you. You really don't want to dwell on this stuff at all either, try and move on. Just walk back over to your friends and they are hopefully supportive and understanding enough to just move on as well. After a few minutes if you see another opportunity head over and try again, its no big deal.

Also watch Swingers, Jon Favreau, Vince Vaughn. Such a good movie.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Be confident without being cocky. Act as if you have bigger and better things in mind than her, but still be nice. Most importantly just stay calm and just be yourself. If you can make her laugh that's usually a big bonus lol.

I had a good lol when I saw this thread.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
XD I was approached by my GF. She approached me, not the other way around. It was at an Anime Club meeting for my school, and she was all, "I love your Hellsing T-Shirt!"

WHAT LUCK!
i laugheddddddddddddddddddddd

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan

Yo that book is really good! I never read it, but my friend did, and it's really interesting. The funniest part is the part with the anorexic virgin xDD!

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
This is not true at all. Men think so differently than women @_@
men tend to be more direct than women
so what about the silly gundam who keeps getting the Boyfriend card -_-
like seriously if girls played smash I would lose every time cause i keep calling the wrong tech >.>

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
If girls played smash, they'd be worse than men at it like they are in nearly everything else.

I've come to accept women are pretty much just simple, selfish creatures, and I'd rather not get caught up with their nonsense. I'm not about to compromise who I am just to be with someone who'll never understand me anyway.

+2 misogyny!

#HBC | Gorf

This is not true at all. Men think so differently than women @_@
What I mean is, we're all humans, and just because one has a pen 15 and the other has a v@g, doesn't mean that we all don't have similarities. Humans can talk to humans.

M

mobaccho!

If girls played smash, they'd be worse than men at it like they are in nearly everything else.

I've come to accept women are pretty much just simple, selfish creatures, and I'd rather not get caught up with their nonsense. I'm not about to compromise who I am just to be with someone who'll never understand me anyway.

+2 misogyny!
+1 self hatred
+1 virgin

M

mobaccho!

WHAT LUCK!
holy ****

You've been laid before, I assume.

Girls aren't f*cking worth it after that. Once you've been rejected by that one girl you think could get you somewhere, go after the lowest priority. After that's done, you're done. Live a happy life by yourself.
lol being more bitter about women than a japanophile satanist furry

nah, that book and others likeit have a lot of very useful and practical advise that I've had/seen work in real life.

but most of it is really common sense if you sit back and think about it.

but there's a whole subculture devoted to "pick up". they have strats/terms/etc. everything
there's a forum for it and everything. (and its just as worthless as smashboards is in terms of learning anything lul)
lmao this is what smashboards really believes

chances of people that sit at home and read this going out to correctly apply it: slim to none

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

+2 misogyny!
More for me, then. Cool.

Finch

Smash Lord
The only thing you really need to approach girls is courage. Having the correct approach differs from person to person and is something you really should figure out yourself.

Purple

Hi guys!
snip

how old are you
Well, wear nice clothes and cut your **** hair. Get a job and buy a car. You're the one that wants girls to like you. You do what you have to do.

also this may sound lame but if you drink alcohol that helps a lot too :-D
i'm 19, i wear 'nice clothes' persay, and by that i mean A&F, it's not what i want to wear. I have a job and i'm working off an accident from my car. Alot of the problems are situational.

But your first paragraph hits dead on, i'll take your advice sir.

the toughest thing when approaching girls are cockblockers
this one guy i was friends with was a cockblocker to the extreme, kind of sucked honestly ;/

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol the best is cockblocks that don't know they're blocking *****

edit: gorditoboy, you're a moron if you think the only thing diff. between men and women is a "dik or a vag" than you're beyond hopeless

Renth

Smash Hero
You walk up to them and say how much does a polar bear weigh? They say how much? You say enough to break the ice. Then introduce yourself.

M

mobaccho!

You joined Smashboards just to post in this thread?

Must be someone's alt account who's afraid to speak their mind. How sad.
" " a 25 year old virgin who has resorted to hating women to cover for his ineptitude. how strangely fitting for swf.

#HBC | Gorf

The point of saying the dic and vag thing is that you can't just be petrified by the fact that they're a girl, and just talk to them as if they're normal...

And lol I'm hopeless... that's like saying that Bush was a bad president...

Oh wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom