• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How come Marth mains use Sheik?

HellPirate

Smash Rookie
I've seen a lot of good Marth users, like Ice, M2K, Azen kind of now, and others that use Sheik as much as or as a frequent secondary to Marth. Coincidence or.?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Sheik can cover some of the matchups that aren't enjoyable for Marth, and from the 4 toppest tiers, she and Marth are slowest, Fox and Falco are fastest, so it seems natural that Marth mains would go for Sheik.

Niko45

Smash Master
it's an extremely similar character? Strong zoning game with a punish game heavily revolving around grabs and edgeguards.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Marth is secretly Zelda in disguise/wig. Sheik is actually Marth considering the more masculinity of the character. Plot twist.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm just part of the trend I guess as I have been leaning more towards maining Sheik than Marth lately.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
it's an extremely similar character? Strong zoning game with a punish game heavily revolving around grabs and edgeguards.
this

NTSC Sheik feels more like an Auto-win against more of the cast..that's probably why.
and this

also because you can chainthrow/autocombo your way through sheik dittoes instead of trying to play near perfect against sheik as marth, only to get punished for a miniscule mistake and die much earlier than a good sheik will

lol it's a silly MU

:phone:

Twinkles

Smash Lord
And many of them will believe you, trust in you, and unflinchingly follow you into that dark abyss not knowing the true depth of horror that awaits them in that pitch black void empty of life and light.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
And many of them will believe you, trust in you, and unflinchingly follow you into that dark abyss not knowing the true depth of horror that awaits them in that pitch black void empty of life and light.
Take my hand, soldier. Follow your captain into the hereafter.

Top Bottom