• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can people abuse/torture animals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well, I meant as far as pain and suffering. Of course, humans need animals for food, clothing, etc. We are so accustomed to chopping down that cow and what not that we do it without any remorse. Charlotte's Web comes to mind.
I shoot pheasant and partridge without remorse.

Why should I be sad, it's not like they're going to waste when I eat them.

Timbers

check me out
because it's fun

remind me why torture towards animals is worse than towards humans, again. I can't seem to figure out why these animal sympathizing threads continue to appear on the internet but it's just mad easy to shove it off when some kid shoots his family over an Xbox lol.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I shoot pheasant and partridge without remorse.

Why should I be sad, it's not like they're going to waste when I eat them.
Haha. I admire you for being frank with it all.

In the end, things like dog and **** fights, of course, are out of the way.

Edit: **** censors.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
because it's fun

remind me why torture towards animals is worse than towards humans, again. I can't seem to figure out why these animal sympathizing threads continue to appear on the internet but it's just mad easy to shove it off when some kid shoots his family over an Xbox lol.
Yes, a fine example is Guantanamo Bay! WHAT?! NO! TERRORIST!

Anyway with one guy they slashed his nether regions and poured boiling water over the wound. Allegedly, but of course Guantanamo is really a 5* Beach Resort so that's all a fabrication from some towelheaded scum.

Haha. I admire you for being frank with it all.

In the end, things like dog and **** fights, of course, are out of the way.

Edit: **** censors.
I love the fact that you're so not confrontational. It's actually possible to have a discussion with you. XD

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I love the fact that you're so not confrontational. It's actually possible to have a discussion with you. XD
Heh. As far out as I am, I am quite down to earth.

As to what Timbers said:

Animals will get no sympathy nor empathy from humans and likewise. The world will never change.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
animals get no sympathy from animals. the stronger prey on the weak. same concept.
Wait what?

See? I can be confused, too.

But on a serious note, I can't say I agree with the slaying of the pigs in Egypt. People have radical ways of dealing with things. But crap happens.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
My cousin once put his dog on a very short leash, tied the leash to a pole, then got on his dune buggy and ran it over. Upon releasing the dog, it bit my cousin. He ran inside screaming bloody murder, and the dog was put down the next day.
That, to answer your question, is how people abuse/torture animals.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Oh my gosh that is so sad. I try to be nice to all animals because I fight for my friends.
Anyone who abuses another soul for sheer entertainment or any reason should burn in hell.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My cousin once put his dog on a very short leash, tied the leash to a pole, then got on his dune buggy and ran it over. Upon releasing the dog, it bit my cousin. He ran inside screaming bloody murder, and the dog was put down the next day.
That, to answer your question, is how people abuse/torture animals.
My friend poured petrol over a hedgehog and set it alight for the hell of it.
Still, he is slightly psychopathic and has a lot of issues.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Some people are just sick ****s who love to hurt innocent animals smaller than they are.

Of course, being the cowards they typically are, they can't take living creatures their own size. Absolutely dispicable.

And yeah. I don't want to see the video. I've seen a lot of animal abuse, and it makes me sad and enraged. :(

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I just watched the video and there's a very simple answer as to how they can do stuff like that.

They're getting paid.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, that's the reason most people abuse animals; if it's not for their own sick amusement, it's because theirs some form of money in the deal. Makes you think what people wouldn't do just for some extra cash.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I mean I dont mind the killing of animals for food etc.All I care about is that it is done humanely.Its not nescessary to leave them to die in pain like in the video.

If death is instant and painless then it doesnt weigh on my brain at all.I mean we are here like other animals to survive,eating other animals is one way of how we do it.Because we are given conscious and feelings I believe its any rational,normal human beings course of action to make animals suffer as little as possible if we need to.I think the thought of inflicting that much pain unnescessarily to another creature would break alot of people.

BTW has anyone heard of the **** IAMS are up to?

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I mean I dont mind the killing of animals for food etc.All I care about is that it is done humanely.Its not nescessary to leave them to die in pain like in the video.

If death is instant and painless then it doesnt weigh on my brain at all.I mean we are here like other animals to survive,eating other animals is one way of how we do it.Because we are given conscious and feelings I believe its any rational,normal human beings course of action to make animals suffer as little as possible if we need to.I think the thought of inflicting that much pain unnescessarily to another creature would break alot of people.

BTW has anyone heard of the **** IAMS are up to?
Agreed, as much as we need them to eat and survive on, we shouldn't be as barbaric to make them suffer. Although, some of my friends don't understand why I'm against slaughter like this and not a vegan, in their opinions that if you don't want animals to be abused then why do you eat them.

I personally haven't heard of anything, what are they doing?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Actually the huntsman's rule is to cause the absolute minimum fear and distress in an animal when out on the hunt.

When an animal is scared or distressed it releases adrenaline. When it does this and you kill it, it ruins the meat by making it tough.

So in hindsight, a clean shot through the brain is the best way to do it, and it's what I do.

Overload

Smash Lord
My dad said he knew this guy who buried a cat in the ground with only it's head exposed. He then proceeded to run it over with a lawnmower.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
My dad said he knew this guy who buried a cat in the ground with only it's head exposed. He then proceeded to run it over with a lawnmower.
That's horrible.

This is the kind of stuff that is barbaric. Not slaying for food or clothing.

Overload

Smash Lord
Also, I'm one of the people that actually cares when bugs die. I won't kill any bugs except for ticks/mosquitoes. Even when I kill those, I sometimes feel a little bad.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
God, that video was intense...

Can't they at least kill them first before taking the fur? R-rated:
Even skinned, that animal was still alive... it was so sad to watch.

Sigh, well, now I don't ever want to wear fur. There's probably big money in the fur industry, and it's probably an easy and well-paying job to skin animals like that... Well, naturally, the employees will be unprofessional and unsympathetic about it. It's just hard to take it in as reality, and it becomes so much more real to watch it on video.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
They're not allowed to kill the animals because the blood would ruin the fur. =/
Actually it's because they want them skinned as fast as possible and because they say it comes off easier when they're still alive and warm.

You can just gas them or club them over the head and they'd die without bleeding.

In retrospect, there is actually no feasible scientific reasoning to skinning them alive apart from the fact that they want to do it slightly quicker. Still in business, time is money.

Welcome to humanity.

Hiyayayah!

Smash Cadet
Some people are just pathetic and suck.

Anyone who gets enjoyment out of hurting an animal must have something very serioulsy wrong with them!

Overload

Smash Lord
From the way you guys are describing the video I'm sure I've seen it. That was one of the most gruesome things I've ever seen.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I cant say for sure but I think at least 1 of the guys in the video probably enjoys watching them suffer.

Most of them if normal would have to be affected by that kind of visual intensity.

I mean thats raw death staring you in the face man.

If it was their wife or kids skinned and dying beside them it would probably destroy them.

Oh yeah and IAMS are basically doing test on animals,some of which involve taking deep muscle and tissue samples leaving gaping wounds in dogs,cats etc.Then they just leave them to their own fate.Which is more than likely death from massive infection.

Just search IAMS boycott on google.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I really just can't stand how shallow people can be, how they can just watch pain and suffering like that and not care in the slightest.

Pikaville's right; if they're so materialistic or insaine (or both) about abusing animals like that, they honestly don't know what compassion or pain is. They do it blindly for their own amusement and it's just sickening.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ask a soldier in war how they can shoot to kill. If you're going to give everything a soul, and consider it a living breathing creature that feels pain, you're not going to be able to do it.

It's simple, you just switch off, and pretend it's nothing more than an animated object. My father and one of my teachers were both officers in the army a while back, and they both said the same thing. You won't fire a single round until you learn to shut it all away. There are one or two that enjoy the killing, but they aren't actually very good at what they do, and don't last very long.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
HOLY ****!
What is wrong with those people?! I seriously could not stop myself from watching until they skinned it alive:cry:

But yeah, these people are kind of like cereal killers. Their brain doesn't truly the way ours does. They feel no pain towards others, compassion, remorse, love, nothing. They are just humans that can't help themselves to what they do. Some are born this way and others learn to be this way because they are taught this is right. It's horrible, but it's true.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Teran your post reminded me of Wolverine and Sabretooth in their latest movie.
Haha, I'll look out for what you mean when I watch it.

HOLY ****!
What is wrong with those people?! I seriously could not stop myself from watching until they skinned it alive:cry:

But yeah, these people are kind of like cereal killers. Their brain doesn't truly the way ours does. They feel no pain towards others, compassion, remorse, love, nothing. They are just humans that can't help themselves to what they do. Some are born this way and others learn to be this way because they are taught this is right. It's horrible, but it's true.
Dude, these aren't psychopaths, they're just poor chinese men with mouths to feed. Perhaps it's the best paid job they can find, did you think of that?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Dude, these aren't psychopaths, they're just poor chinese men with mouths to feed. Perhaps it's the best paid job they can find, did you think of that?
Yes, i did think of that, but id rather them kill the animal, than for it to be put through all that pain.

the cereal boxes lightened the thread a little......

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
I would never thought I see the day of Special K in blood. XD

Besides. On topic. I hate seeing animals hurt... Deers are being killed more often. SO much for that... Pigs being slaughtered to death over in Egypt. O_o;...

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I would never thought I see the day of Special K in blood. XD

Besides. On topic. I hate seeing animals hurt... Deers are being killed more often. SO much for that... Pigs being slaughtered to death over in Egypt. O_o;...
At least they aren't squirming and feeling their skin being torn off while they are still alive. Quick battering deaths are probably better than this.
I will never be able to think of animal cruelty again without squirming a little because of that video. I know it was good for informational purposes, and I have a very strong stomach and understanding for these things, so if I squirm it HAS to be bad.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
At least they aren't squirming and feeling their skin being torn off while they are still alive. Quick battering deaths are probably better than this.
I will never be able to think of animal cruelty again without squirming a little because of that video. I know it was good for informational purposes, and I have a very strong stomach and understanding for these things, so if I squirm it HAS to be bad.
Oh... Dear lord.. WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!! So many... Terrible things. No wonder animals have to kill humans t live at will. Some that can defend themselves. Tobe honest. I felt sorry for this squid. It was on the Iron Chief show. This squid was still alive, and this guy. Used this knife, and skinned it's head off fast, and I was like.

"OMG!!!!!!!!!!" T_T;;... So I felt bad for that Squid, and then without still not killing it. He put it in the pot. While it was alive, and it was wiggling a lot. I almost really cried at first cause I was like. "That... Poor little squid. WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT IT AT PEACE?!" But....Of course... It was a Japanese show. I had nothing against it. I loved watching the show. I just felt bad for that squid...It just... Made my heart break.

POKE40

Smash Lord
Some research says that children that abuse animals are usually themselves being abused by their parents...
People who abuse animals where either just plain cruel or been abused themselves.
People are always affected on whats been done to them.

The Mano Games VII

Smash Journeyman
Where I live? Why, location is a state of mind my
Ask a soldier in war how they can shoot to kill.

Because the guys you are killing are trying to kill you, they're a threat to your country which holds everything you love, and because they've pretty much already sealed their fate just by agreeing to be in the army (it's very likely they'll die anyways even if you DON'T kill them). Killing someone who is deadly, already very well equipped to hurt you and who you love, is perfectly willing to do it, and has already agreed to lay down their lives for their country is a HELL of a lot different from TORTURING an innocent animal who can't defend itself and has done absolutely nothing to wrong you until its dead.

It's simple, you just switch off, and pretend it's nothing more than an animated object. My father and one of my teachers were both officers in the army a while back, and they both said the same thing. You won't fire a single round until you learn to shut it all away. There are one or two that enjoy the killing, but they aren't actually very good at what they do, and don't last very long.

Or just consider the fact that they're trying to kill you and destroy what you love.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Needless torturing of animals is sick, demented, repulsive and wrong beyond what those words alone can convey. People who do those kinds of things don't deserve to be called human beings and live in the same world as we do. I'm not going to say they deserve to die, because I can't judge whether another human should die; no human should ever say that someone else should die. However, they should be stripped of their identities and everything they love, and sent away to live in unbroken solitude for eternity.

Or just consider the fact that they're trying to kill you and destroy what you love.
That's the problem with war. Both sides are thinking just that. If they both stopped and realized that nobody's families have to get hurt, war wouldn't exist. But individual soldiers obey their superiors and don't make many decisions for themselves (on a large scale that is... obviously they make decisions). They all believe that their enemies are hell-bent on killing them, when in fact they are more than likely experiencing the same doubt and guilt themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom