• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
For inquiring minds:

I talked to Allan a few minutes ago, and he told me that Stiltz and a G&W main from Dallas (I can't remember his name) played in the grand finals tonight, and then Stiltz walked away from the victory with the most epic finish in Smash history. I won't steal his thunder though - I'll let him tell you the rest of the tale.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
TO EVERYONE WHO THINKS IM TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tonites poerformance was by far the worst ive displayed....dont judge me at all!
and im actually a beast and should be getting top 10!!!!!

ah im incredibly angry at the momemnt for sucking as brawl. oh well tomarrow is a new day. g night

oh btw Xyro completely failed me in doubles. XYRO IS TRASH............
thats what they all say but nothing ever changes :((shakes head left to right)

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
kown, xyro doesn't care about doubles...he hates doubles lol...of course he failed you he doesn't care...he decided to give you a team partner out of kindness, it's not like he has to enter doubles.

anyway...what a tiring, LONG, but amazingly epic tournament.

the fatheads epic failed at teams LOL but it was too fun an idea not to try.
good stuff tallman.

Time for teh shoutouts: I will probably forget a lot but that's OK. Ya'll know me O_O

Xyro: GREAT tournament, once again. What an epic showing. I also overheard you saying something about PZ moving to a new venue soon and having even FAR BIGGER tournaments? Crazy!
And epic lolz at the cinnamon match. I can't believe we actually got him into that.

See.Why: FALCO IS TRASH!......meh whatever you won again. Much closer this time though no more gay chainthrow kills lol...i shouldn't have tried corneria...unlike tallman i suck at that level haha.

Popertop: Good **** yet again...swear i have a new random char to play against every time i square off with you...weird :\ You can't pick just one? Haha. I like it though. At least you're successful at it. I couldn't do that.

Hylian: Grats on walking the walk and beating sand-trap. But lol @ diddy kong :) I overheard you sayin you played melee all night the night before. Which I won't let you use as a john, but believe me I feel your pain hahah.

Gea & Gnes: Thanks for giving us some doubles practice. Dear lord ya'll must have thought that was the most pathetic team ever to exist lmao. (because it was :( )

Azi: ......you gotta stop running into that d-air.

Infinity: I might as well have just politely asked you to **** me up the bum with a sharp stick. But at least I landed my infamous combo. Too good.

Badnewsbear: THAT COMBO WILL HAUNT YOU FOREVER! AHAHAHAHAH! Good stuff though...I liked the friendlies.

Boss: Tier whores are trash.

Ozz & Zori: I liked the team. Unfortunately team fathead was trash lol. Would've liked to play ya'll in singles to see how that went. But that's OK maybe another time.

Lucci: Those bananas are gonna have to stop gimping my combo before something bad happens to you :)

Razer: Only got to play once, but that's a pretty good snake. The fact alone that you play with wiimote and nunchuk deserves mention. Not bad at all. Keef + Teef approves.

T-Rex: Funny conversation/rant about brawl outside. Sorry this tournament just didn't work out for you.

Stiltz & Roy R: YES! HOUSTON WINS TEAMS!

Sami: Xyro's rants officially have some credibility.

Take: Scoooooooooby dooby doo!!!

Furbs: Lol at above mentioned suit. Good yoshi, too. You wish that dollar would get you that chick's # :p

Onii-chan: Fun friendlies again. You've still got a way to go though :p

Pipes: You have to got to start taking the tournaments seriously lolololol.

Jesse (powernap): DUDE! I didn't expect you to do so good! Good **** man! I'm glad I took you up. Hope you had a good time.

Kown: YOU'RE TRASH! SUPER TRASH! EVEN YOU'RE TEAM NAME SAYS YOU'RE TRASH! Lol jk I know you're not really trash but seriously? O_O lolololololol

Esca: Looks like you came out even with me at the end of the day...save for losing in tournament. I feel really bad for getting you stuck in that match now after seeing you cough up that cinnamon and lose your controller in the process...plus knowing you're gonna wake up tomorrow to find it on youtube lmao :(

DEAR GOD THERE WERE SO MANY LUCAS MAINS AT THIS HOBO! SO MANY I'LL GIVE THEM THEIR OWN SECTION!

Tallman: Good stuff in the teams </sarcasm> LOL wish that woulda worked out better but seriously the lucas is a little better than people give you credit for. Also considering you did better than me in tourny. Then again you didn't play infinity and a tier ***** either :\ haha. Keef + Teef approves.

Fear: ........keep practicing.

The two random ones that walked up for friendlies: .........................................keep practicing.

Phoenix Alpha: DEAR GOD A GOOD ONE! I'd definitely say you're on my level. You have strengths that I lack and weaknesses that I have covered. The numerous dittos were hella fun, save for that INFURIATING, MAG.....well I have my b-air though...and we're just going to leave it there instead of going into a debate. Good stuff overall.

SOMEONE BETTER HAVE ON FILM AT LEAST ONE OF MY MATCHES. THE LUCAS BOARDS NEED TO SEE ME IN ACTION! I talk too much in there (in my opinion) to not have any videos.

Keef + Teef agrees to share his title of best lucas in texas with phoenix alpha.
Case closed.

Back up to Nacogdoches tomorrow.
Until then everyone: UP B OFFENSIVELY!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think Stiltz won.

So:
1st: Stiltzskin
2nd: D4BA
3rd: Dojo
4th: Dr. Mario Guy
5th: Hylian
5th: Gness

I don't remember the rest. 118 entrants.

Also, It's 4:30 and I just got home. Sooooo tired. This tournament was exausting but I had a ton of fun.

Shoutouts soon to come.

Esca

Smash Champion
Okay guys, I did terrible at the tourney. Oh well. I may have gotten 89...rofl, i'll still beat you though. baha.

Shoutouts!!

Fogo-Your like a real life D3. Awesome stuff. Good job beating us in teams.

Axxo-Thanks for the money.

Keif!- our matches are epic everytime. its pretty stupid. Ima beast you next HOBO son! Get ready for some crazy meta duoche!

Kown- your trash.

Xyro- samus sucks. sami's hot. lololololololololololololol

Bear- Your the best Random character getter person. ever.

Furbs- derpa. derp derp.

Ozz- Thanks for the money.

JEREMY FEIFER- I can't believe you actually showed up man!!! You were really good at Brawl! Keep it up!

Ricardo10

Smash Rookie
This was a really looooong tournament, but it was fun as he**!

In Doubles, me and Ultimate Razer did really good as partners for our first time. I can only imagine what we can do if we practice more in our team tactics. =) BTW the team 'Sexy legs' is too good. (Roy and Stiltz)

In singles I got sent to the losers bracket the second round, because I lost to Infinity (2-1). Then a few rounds later I had to face Stiltz and his Olimar beat me. x_x

This was a great tourney! I'm looking forward to the next one. :)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Man I sucked so much. I got so nervous and didn't get to play the way i usually do. There was so many people there i got so scared and basically wasted my $15. Maybe if i buy the game i can keep from getting too nervous again. (Donations? :p) I'm gonna need more tourney experience to learn how to keep my cool. If you saw me, you wouldn't be able to tell but inside i was vibrating as much as the controllers were every match.
Oh, was that your first tournament? People usually don't do well in their first tournaments, so it's ok :p I did pretty bad too though xD.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, plz post any and ALL shoutouts in the results thread found in the "tournament results" area. Plz.

Conker315

Smash Lord
Yeah i moved. but other people spammed. Like this one match i saw Axxo have against a Pit. And i watched Santi's TL in one battle. The only thing i saw him do was spam Zair the entire match. It was an 8 minute match and ended at 30 seconds.
Well by "spamming" zori's olimar he couldnt get close 2 him and he build up percentage.Imo it was a good idea...knowing that zori's olimar is good and dangerous.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The tourney was good stuff. Can't wait for the next one. :)

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Well by "spamming" zori's olimar he couldnt get close 2 him and he build up percentage.Imo it was a good idea...knowing that zori's olimar is good and dangerous.
I think the problem is that spamming is a viable strategy. When all you need is one button and a control stick to **** someone up it's a bit irritating.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Milk matches were quite common in Melee in Houston.

Man, those were hilarious to watch. You can find vids of the results floating around Youtubes if you searched...

heytallman

CTALL
I'm gonna challenge someone to a snorting match: the loser has to snort salt, or some wicked seasoning salt variant.
Crushed up Cinnamon Altoids are fun to snort, but they're not that intense for some reason. I've tried before. But that does sound like a fun kind of match. But I won't play one with you

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
we need to get the esca cinnamon match and furbs scooby dancing videos ASAP!:laugh:
LOL i want that on youtube, it's going on my myspace!

EDIT: also does anyone know how to contact boss? we think he's the one who took my wii by mistake

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey who was recording on that one TV with the laptop? I wouldn't mind getting those vs Hylian and Stiltz onto youtube and thanking him for recording everything.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Well in the end I was really glad I came yesterday, more details / shoutouts to come in the approriate place.

With Milk Matches and Cinnamon Matches and Scooby Matches, Brawl is going to
eventually turn into some sort of hazing XD.

I'm gonna challenge someone to a snorting match: the loser has to snort salt, or some wicked seasoning salt variant.
Find a Bush's Chicken and get some Serendipity. good ****.

Also, thanks dugfinn for offering to let me peddle my waco tournament over the mike, but I was overcome by shyness for some stupid reason ( nothing to be shy about in a room full of 120 nerds and gamers + some guy in a scooby suit that I never did figure out xD ) so here it is now; Everyone, you're all more than welcome to please come to my brawl tournament located in waco on saturday the 20th of this month. it's about a 3 hour drive from houston, and our venue isnt nearly as awesome as PZ, but I still hope to see some of you there. You can probably expect to see a few more dallas players there as its a much shorter drive for them to waco than houston =) For specifics, please go here- AiB link, or go to the waco tournament thread, which I havnt updated for this month's tourny yet but I will after im done posting shoutouts. But yes um it'd be great if a lot of you came, but please dont all 120 of you come >_> it'd never fit. :laugh: If I can ever get my monthly series as popular as HOBO I can get a venue even larger than PZ but that's for the future. =) Now, onwards to the shoutout thread!

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Find a Bush's Chicken and get some Serendipity. good ****.
This exact thought was going through my mind as I was typing my previous post!
Serendipity... That stuff **** burns like a **** @#$% *&$! ****

Didn't want to get too off topic, and now that I have:

The Waco tourney sounds fun. I am, however, a follower here in Dallas. I made it to HOBO 10 by hitching a ride. If Dallas goes, I will try to join 'em ;)

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
This exact thought was going through my mind as I was typing my previous post!
Serendipity... That stuff **** burns like a **** @#$% *&$! ****

Didn't want to get too off topic, and now that I have:

The Waco tourney sounds fun. I am, however, a follower here in Dallas. I made it to HOBO 10 by hitching a ride. If Dallas goes, I will try to join 'em ;)
just don't let infinity sleep in xD

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
guys help me out has anyone seen BOSS, or know how to contact him?

he has my wii, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom