• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Can anybody post FULL results? i will place it on the front page.

Also, please get ready for the next tournament on may 10th. I will take down T-rex.
Sorry, my pen drive died at 12:06 am Mon (a little bit before the tourney ended), and thus I have to wait for the .tio file to get mailed to me later today to post the results.

There is another Brawl tourney on April 26th at UofH. I'll get more details on it today. TGM, if you're free and want to run it, feel free. If not, I'll do it again... Also, it's May 3rd, not May 10th. http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=553

Gods, I never thought I'd say this but... I need to get smaller TVs, cho. ~ ~;

Man, all of ya'll are too Awesome! Everyone that went, I can't wait to meet ya'll again! You guys are the ones that make tournaments fun!
^ ~
I'll post more later... Like shoutouts.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
OK, I just got the results back. They'll be up at AllIsBrawl in about a day or two. If you guys have a AllIsBrawl account and want me to link your results, let me know through PM. http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=491

Also, here are the results to the Trashday tourney.

If Julius and Felix were Team "Julius and Felix", then "Team Lubbock" consisted of Jra64 and who? Also, I'm curious to know who the Lubbock people lost to.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
XZalla, I know you be lurking ^_^'. Tarzan was talking bout swinging by today, but I'm going out to eat with some some other friends tonight, I want to get you over on the same day Tarzan's over here.

Ronnie, I'm looking at you.

Also, looking at the results of that tourney, I can tell you right now Brawl is very nOOb friendly.... but I kinda already knew that. Atleast Seth placed o.k.

Good Job Sethlon.

Also:

GEA!, LOL, this made me laugh so hard, get that $$%#2 outta here. LOL!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Plz do not do shout outs here. go to the results thread in the tournament results board. if there isnt a thread.......make one. Also, i need people to tell me which player mained what character. i know alot of them but some i dont.

Colombian Falcon

Smash Apprentice
If Julius and Felix were Team "Julius and Felix", then "Team Lubbock" consisted of Jra64 and who? Also, I'm curious to know who the Lubbock people lost to.
jra64 and me are team lubbock as always :)

Felix lost to Sethlon twice, Julius lost to me in winners and then to Felix in losers bracket. Jra64 lost to me in winners bracket. We met again in losers finals and we decided to split the money and let him advance to grand finals to play vs T -Rex since he has more practice vs Snake.

It was a very fun tournament! there were a lot of people like almost 70 i think!

Dugfinn Nice talking to you in English and a little in spanish ;) Could you post the brackets yes?

Rockettrainer and Furbs- chino we should play. Furbs good job in Singles with Yoshi :)

Sethlon- intense matches you and Hylian got lucky that last game in Delfino!!, lol good job getting 4th, we should play soon!!

Mr. 3000 - Good thing the money was found! good job in teams :lick:

T Rex- Congratz for winning the tourny. Snake is G@y ;)

TGM- you suck for not coming to this. :ouch:

Pimpslap- ur cool too =D

Cesar- long time no see!

Hylian- Good job beating mr. 3000 and getting 2nd in teams! you seem to like Houston, you should like, move here =D

Whoever i missed.... well....nah i got nothing. ur cool too.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Oh yea, your link is mad hard to approach with his projectile spam. Banana's did some good :D
Lols, yea that's link's trump card is keepin the opponent away. Then those 'nanners make me slip up...no pun intended XD

links bombs can kill at 180+ T-T
Lols, very true, it's quite funny when I throw one up at sum1 way up hi n they don't think they needa dodge it...boy do they learn their lesson :p

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
jra64 and me are team lubbock as always :)

Felix lost to Sethlon twice, Julius lost to me in winners and then to Felix in losers bracket. Jra64 lost to me in winners bracket. We met again in losers finals and we decided to split the money and let him advance to grand finals to play vs T -Rex since he has more practice vs Snake.

It was a very fun tournament! there were a lot of people like almost 70 i think!

Dugfinn Nice talking to you in English and a little in spanish ;) Could you post the brackets yes?

Rockettrainer and Furbs- chino we should play. Furbs good job in Singles with Yoshi :)

Sethlon- intense matches you and Hylian got lucky that last game in Delfino!!, lol good job getting 4th, we should play soon!!

Mr. 3000 - Good thing the money was found! good job in teams :lick:

T Rex- Congratz for winning the tourny. Snake is G@y ;)

TGM- you suck for not coming to this. :ouch:

Pimpslap- ur cool too =D

Cesar- long time no see!

Hylian- Good job beating mr. 3000 and getting 2nd in teams! you seem to like Houston, you should like, move here =D

Whoever i missed.... well....nah i got nothing. ur cool too.
Thanks for answering.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
GGs everyone! I will shoutouts when a results thread is made.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, it was good stuff. I didn't feel very well during the tourney.

Roy, we should definitely play more and start testing out stuff later this week if possible...

Furbs, I need that controller back whenever.

I'll probably miss the next one, because I'm running low on money.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
lol hylian.....look at the post above yours

Dave: you mean the one w/ the broken y?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
GEEZ, another tourney on April 26th!? AND one on May 3rd!?!?!? Man, these tourneys don't seem to have any big breaks in between 'em...not that that's a bad thing! :p

LOLS at my first matchup at Trashday...

"...okay, DINGDING and CHICKENWING, TV 4!" :chuckle:

Jake13

Smash Lord
Tallman, accept my friend request on XBL and play me in halo, if you don't have halo, just accpet it and chat ;)

Jeremy, I have a mic, quit playing COD4 and play halo.

Roy, come falcon ditto me (melee)

heytallman

CTALL
OK Jake, I accepted you, and Jeremy, I added you, too. I don't have Halo 3 nor do I even have a Gold XBL account. And my guitar hero guitar is messing up again. It seems like the universe only wants me to play Smash

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
lol go void rep for peach beat me kage in friendly and rocket trainer and i think pozer wolf.
i played lots of poeple i had no clue who any of them were.......well at least the new faces........i havent seen this one guy for evers.....i forgot his smash name but i think it was aidos.......who was it pimpslap the guy i was hangin out with!!:confused:

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
Lol, were you the only Peach there Void?
yea i thought there would be at least one peach main....... i saw a couple of friendlys hats about it......other then that it was just me.......rep this peach.....

*arg* **** them loud azz TEKKEN PLAYERS

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Nice tournament, not so much in the Smash part.

I didn't know DugFinn had a rep of fixing brackets at tournaments.
Seriously, when all the Austin people have to play each other, thats not random. And does not sound like it was "manually" changed either (and yes, I pointed this out many times in person). In the end, people just call that "poor organization", and thats what we saw (non-Austin people saw this too).

But whatever, its done now.
Not much we can do at this point.

I only point this out for the sack of the PZ tourny.
I just know for sure the brackets won't be fixed this time around for May 3rd as long as its hosted at Planet Zero.

And lol @ people getting ripped off at the smash tourny.
Yeah, that guaranteed prize pot was trash. Let's not forget that the CvS2 prize pot was stolen. Oh wait, that does not matter because we made so much money off the smash noobs :dizzy:

Yeah ok... nice...

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
The char's me n my friends used weren't posted, so here's a list of us all:

CoolFool: mario
LoneWolf: wolf
Salocin: metaknight
Itach: lucario/sonic
DingDing: link

And yeah, we'll all be at the Planet Zero tourney.

And we will be ready. :grrr:

onii-chan

Smash Ace
this time i willnot be let down...i goin to try with everything in my power to go to this next one...listen axxo remind me so i can get everything out of my way before then and i will go to your house and spend the night...but to everyone else that was at the tourny (i heard from a source) that you guys were talkin smack and makin noise about me...i will be glad to meet you in in person and you will understand why i don't take crap from noone...

also i will be playing with pimpslap today until 7:00 ask him to go online if you wanna play either of us

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
The char's me n my friends used weren't posted, so here's a list of us all:

CoolFool: mario
LoneWolf: wolf
Salocin: metaknight
Itach: lucario/sonic
DingDing: link

And yeah, we'll all be at the Planet Zero tourney.

And we will be ready. :grrr:
lolz yes be ready.

Kira.

Smash Rookie
I should be able to show up for this, unfortunately i missed the trashdayn one =(
I keep hearing about some tournament on the 26th but i dont know anything about it. Anyone wanna point me in the right direction?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord

Seriously, when all the Austin people have to play each other, thats not random. And does not sound like it was "manually" changed either (and yes, I pointed this out many times in person). In the end, people just call that "poor organization", and thats what we saw (non-Austin people saw this too).

I just know for sure the brackets won't be fixed this time around for May 3rd as long as its hosted at Planet Zero.

Yeah, that guaranteed prize pot was trash. Let's not forget that the CvS2 prize pot was stolen. Oh wait, that does not matter because we made so much money off the smash noobs :dizzy:

Yeah ok... nice...
i got screwed the worst wolf so don't fill so bad about it.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
it was resolved so don't worry about that was strange you guys getting stuck against each other.
Its obvious you don't understand what happened, but whatever.

Nothing was resolved, it only made further issues of the situation here.
The only thing it did resolve was that the PZ people will be on the look out for any fixed brackets any case something like this happens again.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
sorry pozer wolf i was talking about what happend to me my bad and i agree you guys got screwed my bad for not being clearer.

LaughterIsDeadly

Smash Apprentice
what's up, I'm a current florida smasher but I'm moving to cypress Texas in about 2 weeks. (i believe that's the Houston area)

I'm looking for some good competition when i get there. I don't know any smashers in the area so I'm looking to play with anyone good. My screen name and handle is LaughterIsDeadly and my cell is 832-866-3462.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice

Yeah ok... nice...
*sigh* No I don't rig brackets. This was something Jeremy started up because he's a looser that's sore 'cause he sucks.

The brackets were randomized. There were several people (like 10 of them) surrounding me when I did this. They saw. It's not like I was hiding anything. I moved some of the players around so that they wouldn't be near each other. I can't remember who was near me when I was doing this. I know that Jra64 guy was (because he wouldn't stop talking), but lots of other people where too. I hit save. Coincidentally, the Austin players where next to each other in the brackets. I noticed this and moved them too. I left to make sure that the TVs were set-up and ready with rules so we could start this thing. While I was gone, the girl that was sitting at the table closed the program (she swears it was an accident), then re-opened it. Everything was saved, except for the Austin players being moved. Since I didn't know this had happened (and I didn't find out that she'd closed and re-opened the program till Sunday), the tournament started and since the Austin players were at the very bottom of the bracket I didn't see that the move had been un-done. Yeah, I was ticked off, but I was also seriously confused because I did move the Austin players and then they were un-moved and I didn't know how of why. But I couldn't mess with the brackets after the tournament had started. I do apologize for that. Anyone is welcome to constantly keep an eye on the brackets at any tournament though because I have NOTHING to hide.

As for the issue with Pimpslap, basically, this guy (I won't mention names 'cause everyone that was there knows who I'm talking about) was doing waaaaaay too much stalling. Due to retardedness on that guy's part (like having only one controller for three people, WTF?!), I should have DQed him, but I was nice and let it slide. He beat Pimpslap with stalling cheese. So now, to keep stalling cheese from happening again (I mean it was really dirty and getting everyone ticked off), VERY specific anti-stalling rules have been added to the ruleset. So, it's been taken care of.

Oh, and the prize pot, yeah, those Trashday guys were ******** about that. There were 63 entrants, so it SHOULD have been $945 pot. But they only gave us $700. When I found out about this I went and tried to get the rest (I'm sure some of ya'll saw me confront them, then take it outside). Basically, according to them, "guarantee" means that it's only that amount, whether 5 people or 500 people show up, only the "guarantee" amount is what would be for pot. I told them that's 100% BS and that we're not letting them do registration for Smash next year (if we return to Trashday). Yeah, nothing I could do about it, no matter how much I argued it with them. And no, I didn't receive any cut or compensation in case any of you are wondering. I help run these things because I LIKE it, not because I get anything out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom