• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
O.K this is how it stands right now, and do correct me if I'm wrong.

It seems like Me, Xzalla, Ronnie, Tarzan, Jake, Labrat, Apoc, Dawn, Codabear, and G@BE are all down for some melee. Please let me know if I left anyone out.

So far thats 10 people. Not that bad... but I'm sure there are more out there. If we could find a venue, and about 6-8 people we could have some fun with a tourney... In the meantime, you know I'm down for anyone coming over here, just hit me up.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Im not back to marth. i still main samus. i dont 2nd marth or anybody. just sheer samus

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
She says live up to your first impression
Well my best side was your worst invention
Why can't you live without the attention
Why can't you live without the attention

Anyways, Gabe, you need to come over so we can talk smash and Cod4

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
lol, so I was watching the latest ******** combo vid that TGM made, he called it the Xyro combo methinks. And of course i was thiking, lol this is freakin ********. But I couldn't help but wonder...can Link do it too?

Yes, he can! It isn't very effective against short chars or floaty chars, er...chars that are more floaty than other chars, but MAN does it work on the starfox trio! Not to mention u can do the hookshot/grapple beam during an air dodge, so u can dodge their LAZURS while pulling it off. They can't reflect it either! Shorthop-airdodge-air hookshot-GRABZ0RS! :bee:

Haven't perfected it yet, but like I said, it is VERY effective, even if u miss or they dodge it, cuz u get no lag from an air hookshot when u hit the ground. Works against some other chars too, im still experimenting with it.

So, in a weird way, ty for the combo vid TGM. lol

hey ding dong i didnt know you mained link i need to play you. and kage on thrashday we will on with link and ganny! i cant wait for the movie!
Sure thing, sometime friday afternoon if u can, perhaps. My online connection isn't the greatest, but it isn't horrible either. I'd like to see another link main's tactics. I'll post when Im ready. When u c my post, put my friend code on ur friends list, and i'll put down urs.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
TGM(me) always delivers. im truly the greatest player on earth.
lols, yes indeedy. New discovery (you're gonna like this, TGM): Rather than a grab, you can also DASH OR SMASH ATTACK right after the air hookshot/grapplebeam! It's combining ur old combo with ur new one! :D

Man, if that ain't pwnage, I don't know what is.

WOOT I GOT 1ST POST ON 100th PAGE!!! just noticed :p

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
lol, so I was watching the latest ******** combo vid that TGM made, he called it the Xyro combo methinks. And of course i was thiking, lol this is freakin ********. But I couldn't help but wonder...can Link do it too?

Yes, he can! It isn't very effective against short chars or floaty chars, er...chars that are more floaty than other chars, but MAN does it work on the starfox trio! Not to mention u can do the hookshot/grapple beam during an air dodge, so u can dodge their LAZURS while pulling it off. They can't reflect it either! Shorthop-airdodge-air hookshot-GRABZ0RS! :bee:

Haven't perfected it yet, but like I said, it is VERY effective, even if u miss or they dodge it, cuz u get no lag from an air hookshot when u hit the ground. Works against some other chars too, im still experimenting with it.

So, in a weird way, ty for the combo vid TGM. lol

Sure thing, sometime friday afternoon if u can, perhaps. My online connection isn't the greatest, but it isn't horrible either. I'd like to see another link main's tactics. I'll post when Im ready. When u c my post, put my friend code on ur friends list, and i'll put down urs.
I feel the urge to challenge you to a $20 money match in brawl. I do not have or even own the game or a wii... chances are in your favor. Do you accept?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I feel the urge to challenge you to a $20 money match in brawl. I do not have or even own the game or a wii... chances are in your favor. Do you accept?
Tempting, but seeing how ur freakin good at melee, i can imagine ur a beast at brawl as well, owning it or not. Also, I don't do money matches, needa save all the money i can get my hands on lol.

Man, this combo actually works! I'm serious! I'm pretty sure Hylian figured that out with samus already tho. Saw him do his midair grapplebeam a crudload of times at the tourney, at least.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Oh, lol i watched that angry german kid video...really funny stuff! Nearly fell outta my seat.

Is there any way to ban certain ppl from threads...?

Xyro77

i saw it and it reminded me of jimbo. also, guys at my next tourney there will be a side event......determineswhat u guys vote for

Xyro77

ATTENTION ALL:

I added a poll to the thread. plz vote as soona s possible. You can only vote once so make it count. i wish to bring more games to my tournaments so plz vote on which one you would me willing to play along side brawl. Plz dont say Melee or SSB64 cause your cry only hits deaf ears.

heytallman

CTALL
i saw it and it reminded me of jimbo. also, guys at my next tourney there will be a side event......mario kart wii
I see the poll question at the top? Guitar Hero plx...then me and Ding dong the witch is dead can have our best of seven.

And I pwn at GH3, that too.

edit: competetive GH3 has a lot of the same characteristics of competetive smash....at least I would imagine so. I would be more than happy to organize a side GH thing, if we could have it at tournies. But I guess if people want Mario Kart Wii more, so be it.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
The date is 1-7-09

if anyone has scrolled back this far into the houston thread, and has seen this post you should feel bad

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
I vote Melee.

Tempting, but seeing how ur freakin good at melee, i can imagine ur a beast at brawl as well, owning it or not. Also, I don't do money matches, needa save all the money i can get my hands on lol.
Well, we outta get together and play.

My new rule is, I WILL PLAY BRAWL WITH PEEPS... BUT WE ALSO HAVE TO PLAY MELEE TOO... that is all.

So that means, Tallman, Ding, etc etc. all you Brawl Lovers, can come over meh house and play meh, but at some point we gotta play melee. Its good practice for all seeing how I can own most of ya'll in Brawl. I kid, I kid... kind true.

I'm Jeremy Feifer, and I approved this message.

heytallman

CTALL
Will do Jeremy...also I wanna play some CoD4 there....haven't played it yet and want to try it out.

Also everyone pick GH3 for the side game for tournaments. kthx

Xyro77

sorry but if im going to pick another fighting game.....it would be marvel vs capcom 2. But i want this to be a wii thing. no other systems will be used. No melee of ssb64. they are dead....so leave them be.

Xyro77

So ive heard.......

and pimpslap. plz dont post in the planet zero thread anymore. all houston tournies will be updated and put here.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
sorry but if im going to pick another fighting game.....it would be marvel vs capcom 2. But i want this to be a wii thing. no other systems will be used. No melee of ssb64. they are dead....so leave them be.
Ninja I wish you would have MVC2...

Will do Jeremy...also I wanna play some CoD4 there....haven't played it yet and want to try it out.

Also everyone pick GH3 for the side game for tournaments. kthx
Lets get together than to play my ninja...

713-505-8688

G@BE

Smash Lord
melee would be a good choice allan... Your not even trying to see if the better game will last.. :/

I say you should put melee in that voting box and just see what the PEOPLE actually want dude...

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
GH3 PL0X!

I see the poll question at the top? Guitar Hero plx...then me and Ding dong the witch is dead can have our best of seven.

And I pwn at GH3, that too.

edit: competetive GH3 has a lot of the same characteristics of competetive smash....at least I would imagine so. I would be more than happy to organize a side GH thing, if we could have it at tournies. But I guess if people want Mario Kart Wii more, so be it.
Hey, yeah! We can do that best of seven game then!

If it were up to me, I would do GH3 and a racing game (depending on which one is most voted for) as two side events. That'd be nice.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Allan... tournaments should be for the people Gabe is 100% correct, I could more than guarantee you that Melee would get the most votes. After all, that's what got us to this site called Smashboards in the first place. Who wants to play F-zero Wii? HONESTLY. What the hell?

Just because Brawl came out doesn't mean we should have to give up Melee, it shouldn't have to 'die'. Tournaments are the main place where a lot of people gather to play and have fun. I used to have a lot of fun with Melee some time ago, and with Brawl in the mix, it could be even better.

Lighten up.

Late Edit: Melee is compatible with the Wii ;)

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
lol sethlon did you see the thread about you on the falco boards? you have a fanbase already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom