• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
To clear some things up.

When ssbm came out, many ssb64 players said "im not playing ssbm. it sucks". Wether they were right or wrong the majority of the scene droped ssb64 and adopted melee. The fools who wanted ssb64 had to face moving on or just not play. Either way ssb64 is gonna be the minority and soon droped almost completly(2006-present).

Fast-forward to ssbb. Again, the same thing is happening. Brawl is out and some of the ssbm kids say, "melee is better. brawl sucks cause i suck and im a baby". And too bad for them cause the majority has accepted brawl and will put melee on the back burner as it did for ssb64. Fighting this will add you to the losing side.

Think, if isai stayed with ssb64.....where would falcon be? Isai is IMO the MAIN reason why falcon climbed as high as he did in melee(darkrain helped a little). Because he moved on, he brought his abilities to a new game and helped expand it. The same goes for brawl. If you people put down your melee and put your effort into brawl you will bring things to brawl that will make the game better.

Plus, a DIVIDED community hurts its self more than helps. Both game cant exist. One will always die...............Halo3 over takes Halo2. Melee over came ssb64. Diablo 2 ***** diablo 1. Half life 2 decimates Half life. The people who choose to alienate themselves by choosing to stay with an older game are olny getting in the way and causing trouble in a battle that they WILL lose.

I will not support any melee tournaments. Ive spent 7 years on it im done. Im sorry if you dont agree. By all means hold a melee tourney. I wont stop you.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
i so can do thru fire and flames and 100% it all the time
On easy
yeah and i can do devil went to georgia on legend and get 100.9% and own you in Halo3, Gears Of War, Brawl all at the same time cruz i am just that awesome!:lick:

so this trashday thing everyone is goin to be there?is it free to get in or sumthing...or what because this i can make it too

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
To clear some things up.

When ssbm came out, many ssb64 players said "im not playing ssbm. it sucks". Wether they were right or wrong the majority of the scene droped ssb64 and adopted melee. The fools who wanted ssb64 had to face moving on or just not play. Either way ssb64 is gonna be the minority and soon droped almost completly(2006-present).

Fast-forward to ssbb. Again, the same thing is happening. Brawl is out and some of the ssbm kids say, "melee is better. brawl sucks cause i suck and im a baby". And too bad for them cause the majority has accepted brawl and will put melee on the back burner as it did for ssb64. Fighting this will add you to the losing side.

Think, if isai stayed with ssb64.....where would falcon be? Isai is IMO the MAIN reason why falcon climbed as high as he did in melee(darkrain helped a little). Because he moved on, he brought his abilities to a new game and helped expand it. The same goes for brawl. If you people put down your melee and put your effort into brawl you will bring things to brawl that will make the game better.

Plus, a DIVIDED community hurts its self more than helps. Both game cant exist. One will always die...............Halo3 over takes Halo2. Melee over came ssb64. Diablo 2 ***** diablo 1. Half life 2 decimates Half life. The people who choose to alienate themselves by choosing to stay with an older game are olny getting in the way and causing trouble in a battle that they WILL lose.

I will not support any melee tournaments. Ive spent 7 years on it im done. Im sorry if you dont agree. By all means hold a melee tourney. I wont stop you.
Point well taken. With that said, I still want to play melee, and I think somone should host get-togethers for it. If you do, I WILL COME. I know I didn't come before, but I did always go to get-togethers. If Brawl, picks up, I'll by a Wii and play it, if it doesn't, well I wont. My point is, melee is still fun as I dont know what and I think we should all still meet up to play even without the support of Alan. I honestly still dont understand why we cant have Brawl and Melee Tourny's... I mean take out the broken brawl teams and just do 1v1 Brawl, and 1v1 melee after brawl... its more oney that way, cause more people will show. Thats all I'm saying. I mean Isai still plays N64 smash, and was playing it 5 years after Melee was out...

Also my new GT for Xbox360 is Dr Feifer

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Point well taken. With that said, I still want to play melee, and I think somone should host get-togethers for it. If you do, I WILL COME. I know I didn't come before, but I did always go to get-togethers. If Brawl, picks up, I'll by a Wii and play it, if it doesn't, well I wont. My point is, melee is still fun as I dont know what and I think we should all still meet up to play even without the support of Alan. I honestly still dont understand why we cant have Brawl and Melee Tourny's... I mean take out the broken brawl teams and just do 1v1 Brawl, and 1v1 melee after brawl... its more oney that way, cause more people will show. Thats all I'm saying. I mean Isai still plays N64 smash, and was playing it 5 years after Melee was out...

i hear yeah fu i still find melee fun and competive the way i like it while brawl is just a fun game to play...also just go i will be there with void and a friend of mine named token but yeah my zss vs your whatevar in brawl MM for your soul sounds good?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Hey neon, wanna brawl? My conn is pretty good, so if urs is too online shouldn't be TOO much of a pain. Post ur friend code if u can, but if u don't hav wifi or somethin i'll just c u at the tourney. Still really wanna play another link main...never have :'(

edit: lol onii-chan i don't think there is a legend level setting on GH. That'd be pretty epic though.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Hey neon, wanna brawl? My conn is pretty good, so if urs is too online shouldn't be TOO much of a pain. Post ur friend code if u can, but if u don't hav wifi or somethin i'll just c u at the tourney. Still really wanna play another link main...never have :'(

edit: lol onii-chan i don't think there is a legend level setting on GH. That'd be pretty epic though.
i know that i was making a joke with pimpslap:)

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i know that i was making a joke with pimpslap:)
He ment to say god level thats my level of G hero i can do don't break my heart by brooks en du n on reverse 2 speed quad overdrive with my eyes shot out aND GET A 400 BOUBLE AAAAAAAAAA S anybody wanna play me?

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
See everyone at Trashday tomorrow!
Oh, don't forget, entrance fee is waived if you bring a set-up (TV, Wii, Brawl), so if you can, bring one!

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Couple of questions. I remember there was an entry fee, but how much exactly is it? Oh yea, as for the location is it at the bottom floor of the UC, near the arcades?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I saw it was 5 dollars! woo So I need to bring 30 >_>. Oh pimp try to find me at the place, I want to do some 1 on 1s. See how we would mesh up if teams if we were to tag up ^_^

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
TVs are always good. I'll never refuse a TV... Unless it has "flat" and "screen" in it's name. Then it is no bueno. *shrugs* Bring your Wii and Brawl then. Who knows, someone else might bring a lonely TV.
Couple of questions. I remember there was an entry fee, but how much exactly is it? Oh yea, as for the location is it at the bottom floor of the UC, near the arcades?
$5 if I remember correctly. I'm not in charge of this event, just helping run the Brawl and GG tourneys. And yes, it's at the bottom of the UC, opposite side of the Arcade if memory serves.

... PIMPSLAP......
Your name... It makes me want to slap you... With a pimp cane... A purple pimp cane with a giant plastic pimp diamond on top... Like you'd find at the dollar store... I read your name and it makes me envision you dressed in purple pimp robes (with a huge purple pimp hat and one of those super long pimp pheasant feathers) and you're walking down a pimp alley, waving your pimp cane around, and I jump out of the pimp shadows, grab your pimp cane and yell "PIMPSLAP!" like it's a freakin' Pokemon attack and slap you with your pimp cane....... Or it could just be that it's 4:23 am and I've had very little sleep, but either way - weird.

heytallman

CTALL
... PIMPSLAP......
Your name... It makes me want to slap you... With a pimp cane... A purple pimp cane with a giant plastic pimp diamond on top... Like you'd find at the dollar store... I read your name and it makes me envision you dressed in purple pimp robes (with a huge purple pimp hat and one of those super long pimp pheasant feathers) and you're walking down a pimp alley, waving your pimp cane around, and I jump out of the pimp shadows, grab your pimp cane and yell "PIMPSLAP!" like it's a freakin' Pokemon attack and slap you with your pimp cane....... Or it could just be that it's 4:23 am and I've had very little sleep, but either way - weird.
^^^^ROFL!!!

Also gl to everyone at trashday, I can't make it. Hope everybody pwns

dawn001

Smash Ace

i prefer to play melee....i miss the combos the speed , chain grabs it was a good game to good!..and brawl has nothing infact super smash bros. is way better then brawl it has good speed grabs and combos....
until they find out other and better ways to play in brawl then ill pick the game up but if the game is still the same when anyone can have a chance to win...........
LONG LIVE MELEE!!

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
GGs to all. Man 3000, my Diddy has some work to do against DDD ^o^;. DMK is too good. So who won the team tourney. Oh pimpslap, ggs on teams against that one team. Haha, we did pretty good considering you only used rob for those 2 times only lol. I wanted to do 1 on 1 with that wolf guy haha.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
I GOT 13 Again wow i guess.
Shout outs:
Sethlon your fun to talk too i so you fancy chaingrabbing
Stiltskin: olimar for top tier
Some guy with 64: that was ****ed up and you cheated you should not be allowed in tournaments
Flip: Yeh i had fun as well that wolf guy was alright
A mario guy i played: lolz for the win sorry for beaten ya
T-rex: best brawler in texas i think
Mr.3000: that 64 guy was a cheater sorry i tell it like it is.
RoyR: your cool as always
Dubfin: thanks for appologizing to me

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
The tourney was awesome, VERY fun. Also VERY competitive, any melee fan would've dropped it n' picked up brawl on the spot if they went n' saw t3h pwnage. Hope there's another houston tourney or sumthin around the corner.

Lol furbs, sry i couldn't team w u, I'll try my best to team with u at the next tourney, lol SSE team ftw! :p

GGs to all. Man 3000, my Diddy has some work to do against DDD ^o^;. DMK is too good. So who won the team tourney. Oh pimpslap, ggs on teams against that one team. Haha, we did pretty good considering you only used rob for those 2 times only lol. I wanted to do 1 on 1 with that wolf guy haha.
Oh, that was lonewolf, he was on my team. Yeah, u shouldve played a 1v1 with him, hes good.

Dang, flip, ur freakin bananas were chaos! Made me mess up whatever i tried to pull off! Best diddy i've ever seen. I'm surprised at the number of really good players I saw there.
I'm heartbroken that there were no other links tho. :(

Couldve done better, but i won more than i lost, so I'm happy. And whenever I lost, it was close. gg's all around!

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Ding i will use link against you next time dude so don't fret and kage was there he use to main link in melee he's good with him in brawl we where going to bring neon but could not find him sorry dude:)

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I GOT 13 Again wow i guess.
Shout outs:
Sethlon your fun to talk too i so you fancy chaingrabbing
Stiltskin: olimar for top tier
Some guy with 64: that was ****ed up and you cheated you should not be allowed in tournaments
Flip: Yeh i had fun as well that wolf guy was alright
A mario guy i played: lolz for the win sorry for beaten ya
T-rex: best brawler in texas i think
Mr.3000: that 64 guy was a cheater sorry i tell it like it is.
RoyR: your cool as always
Dubfin: thanks for appologizing to me
The mario was my friend coolfool. Lols, he tried to edgeguard your kirby n paid the price. He messed up the first time he lost against axxo as well, it was a good match he had it in the bag, then iono what happened but he miraculously lost. Oh wellz, it was his first tourney, he did real well. He's the best mario I know.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
someguy = Sethlon O.o

Btw I technically finished 5th place also...... I think.

GREAT TOURNEY!!! Very well ran once again, good job Dugfinn and co.

I'm not big on shoutouts so, everybody I had any type of human interaction with, I love you.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Ding i will use link against you next time dude so don't fret and kage was there he use to main link in melee he's good with him in brawl we where going to bring neon but could not find him sorry dude:)
Das aaight, i think I got sum real good link practice in anyhow. I know for a fact now that:

a.) his bombs are the equivalent of a bag of poop,
b.) his 'rang and clawshot are VERY good if you use 'em right, and
c.) he owns the edge.

Once again, real fun, i wish tournies that big happened every weekend! :chuckle:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Can anybody post FULL results? i will place it on the front page.

Also, please get ready for the next tournament on may 10th. I will take down T-rex.

heytallman

CTALL
May 10th? Awesome, I will most definitely hopefully be there. and with GH3, I'm hoping?

Also, hope everyone had fun at trashday yesterday, I wish I could have gone.

May 10, dangdang, we will play geetar hero

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Can anybody post FULL results? i will place it on the front page.

Also, please get ready for the next tournament on may 10th. I will take down T-rex.

Dang I was so close to taking down 3000. Gotta face more dedede :(. TGM I shall face you there ^_^

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Oh yea, your link is mad hard to approach with his projectile spam. Banana's did some good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom