• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
we have 4 ish tournament series in houston alone and TYS is just a bi monthly he should make more effort
It's easy to say this, but a person gets two jobs...good luck finding a lot of free time....especially time you want to waste on video games.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
It's easy to say this, but a person gets two jobs...good luck finding a lot of free time....especially time you want to waste on video games.
if you spend your only free time playing brawl just to play brawl (not because a hang out type thing) ur a scrub. he doesnt even get the gay *** " i play for the community not the game" johns. most the scene is a ****ing failure anyway. why would someone with pure talent keep playing a game that makes him rage when he could be a warrior at a game that rewards his type of skill. hes a scrub.

im not even trolling, i realize his excuse this weekend. but in general. thats a mistake. the boy needs to come in contact with his friends. and anyone who doesnt respect their friends is a scrub

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
if you spend your only free time playing brawl just to play brawl (not because a hang out type thing) ur a scrub. he doesnt even get the gay *** " i play for the community not the game" johns. most the scene is a ****ing failure anyway. why would someone with pure talent keep playing a game that makes him rage when he could be a warrior at a game that rewards his type of skill. hes a scrub.

im not even trolling, i realize his excuse this weekend. but in general. thats a mistake. the boy needs to come in contact with his friends. and anyone who doesnt respect their friends is a scrub
It's more about how accessible practice is than "friendship."

You want him to play Melee? Don't wait for him to reach out to the community, the community should reach out to him. If people like Fliphop (who doesn't live close to Roy) are willing to travel to his house and play, why can't the Melee community do the same? RoyR hates driving around.

Get more fests and tourneys. He went to BN because it was on Sunday. Like I said, get TYS pushed to Sunday and I'm sure he'll start showing up.

Be proactive. Go to his house and play him in Melee. Whining won't do anything.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
RE4 trivia

The Matilda handgun was named after the character with the same name from the movie Leon: The Professional. In addition to the Mathilda, the game pays home to the movie Leon: The Professional in an unlockable "Professional" difficulty.

Anybody who has not seen Leon: The Professional really needs to. its where this famous gif came from,

*he says EVERYONE*

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
It's more about how accessible practice is than "friendship."

You want him to play Melee? Don't wait for him to reach out to the community, the community should reach out to him. If people like Fliphop (who doesn't live close to Roy) are willing to travel to his house and play, why can't the Melee community do the same? RoyR hates driving around.

Get more fests and tourneys. He went to BN because it was on Sunday. Like I said, get TYS pushed to Sunday and I'm sure he'll start showing up.

Be proactive. Go to his house and play him in Melee. Whining won't do anything.
dude i know i make assumptions as a joke so idk if ur making fun of me, but dont assume things like that. we go above and beyond in melee about 10 of us, just like allan does in brawl it is the single most accessible thing in the world. he choses to not play because alot of people dont want to take that plunge back into melee because the learning curve. we have showed royr all kinds of respect and the efforts he makes doesnt do our efforts justice so whatever.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
I like Kailo's new font. Makes it easier to ignore.
i know lol thats why i dont really feel like using it, the **** i say isnt good enough to put effort into reading most the time.

but i am ****ing legend status on this thread.

allan i finally played jake again and i beat him last night in tournament. my goal in melee has been acheived im so happy. time for a new goal

Zori

Smash Champion
so I think someone took djphats sd card by mistake, could everyone check theres and see if they have any doubles matches :(?

Blitz Comet

Smash Rookie
What a-hole kept taking out dj phatz card in the first place?

and illmatic ur not on that list i luv u

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Remember, Tekken: Prime 3D and Tales of the Abyss come out tomorrow. Tekken comes with the animated tekken movie already installed on it. so u get an hour long movie plus a fighting game that runs 60fps on wifi. dont pass these game up.

next tuesday is metal gear solid 3.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Remember, Tekken: Prime 3D and Tales of the Abyss come out tomorrow. Tekken comes with the animated tekken movie already installed on it. so u get an hour long movie plus a fighting game that runs 60fps on wifi. dont pass these game up.

next tuesday is metal gear solid 3.
You're better off getting Tekken for PS3.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom