• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hylian's not all that great.

Just kidding, I secretly envy him. >_>

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
hey guys, i can go to the fest but not the tourny. i gotta work at 10:00 am on saturday... if anyone can give me a ride home from the fest that would be awesome . i will go just need a ride back:) i will most likely have G money so yeah pm me if yes if not ****:(

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
and you could only quote him on that because you know he is the Texas m2k when it comes to knowledge of the game and tech skill.
This man speaks the truth, he obviously knows the Texas M2K when it comes to knowledge of the game and tech skill.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hylian is trash, thats why he beat sethlon.

and a WIRED connection is better than wireless.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Tgm you could drop me off at work if you wen't to the fest? i will have Gas money plz dude do your big big friend a favor.:)

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Jeremy Feifer is one of those people in the background, that no one really notices. People generally tend to ignore stupidity.
Not true. But I love you man.

I generally had significantly less lag than everyone else when playing online because I had the wired Lan connection with a 3mbps net speed. The only person I really ever had lag with was Apoc.

Also answer my question people: Who still plays online?

onii-chan

Smash Ace
wow it looks like not that many people i know will be goin...this only saddens me...**** you social life you are taking away my friends...**** you i will get you for this....by becoming a myspace stalker you ****ed *****...

lolz

also...its not looking too good for me either...i got a interview/orientation at walgreens at around 11:00 am...unless i can get it moved...

heytallman

CTALL
Hey Jeremy, haven't seen you in a while.

Hey Tallman, lets start a band when Guitar Hero 4 comes out. Ill play drums.
Most definitely. We will pwn. Especially since I hear they're putting in a Dream Theater song. Greatest band of today's time.

Annoucement!!!
Hey Quick question to everyone, just a simple question. In your post you just have to say "jeremy yes" or "jeremy no" or "f-u jeremy" or "boy-stop"...anyways I was wonderin how many of you still play brawl online?????
jeremy no, boy-stop, and f-u jeremy.

Also, let's play soon. IRL because of how I responded to your question.

Also also, I know hylian's great, but dang. That whole last page was just a bunch of the same post. Quit it, plox.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
You know you want to admit he's the Texas M2K when it comes to knowledge of the game and tech skill.

Okay I'll quit now. I'm off to sleep anyways. Later all.

heytallman

CTALL
You know you want to admit he's the Texas M2K when it comes to knowledge of the game and tech skill.

Okay I'll quit now. I'm off to sleep anyways. Later all.
No, I don't really, because its been posted time after ****ing time in the last two pages. And it's getting rather annoying.

Lets have a mm. Five bucks.

Hylian, don't take me flaming your adoring fans the wrong way, I still somewhat love you.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I lied about that being my last post.

Yes, sorry Golf, that's what I meant. That's why you play Jiggs and Sonic. :O

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Sozzz I didn't know I was the only one let in on the secret.

This is the part where you say "You fail me yet again, Starscream."

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
online is for squares.

no matter what magic connector you try(btw ive tried a wired conn) the response time lag will ALWAYS BE THERE.

this isnt xbox live, this is frikken wii-fye

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha anyways last post for the night, for real. I need sleep for my last final exam for the year tomorrow. Also, Ninja Gaiden 2 AND the new Weezer album tomorrow. Night everyone.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The Houston Thread has never been better :).

I love my sig.

Doxa

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm new to the competitive scene and am looking to coming on Saturday though I want to ask a couple questions.

How late does this thing usually run? (just an estimate would be fine)

About how many people come to these things?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hey guys, I'm new to the competitive scene and am looking to coming on Saturday though I want to ask a couple questions.

How late does this thing usually run? (just an estimate would be fine)

About how many people come to these things?
It depends on number of factors including when the tourney actually starts, how many people go, how many setups are brought, how fast tourney matches are played, etc. The last one started around 2:30ish and lasted until around 11-12, but this includes both singles and teams.

Expect a big turnout. Last tourney had 80 or so people? And now that it's summer...yeah, you get the picture. ;)

I sure could use more practice this week...

Doxa

Smash Rookie
It depends on number of factors including when the tourney actually starts, how many people go, how many setups are brought, how fast tourney matches are played, etc. The last one started around 2:30ish and lasted until around 11-12, but this includes both singles and teams.

Expect a big turnout. Last tourney had 80 or so people? And now that it's summer...yeah, you get the picture. ;)

Thanks man.

I just want to see what the houston tournament scene is like, and maybe meet/makes friends with people around my area (League City) so I can practice and improve in between tournaments.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Thanks man.

I just want to see what the houston tournament scene is like, and maybe meet/makes friends with people around my area (League City) so I can practice and improve in between tournaments.
Don't we all. ;)

Where exactly do you live? I live in Baytown and I know that's closer to League City than a lot of other places. (30-45 min drive). Can you drive or have any other skills that would aid you in playing with people in your area?

Esca

Smash Champion
Vincent, i found a major Olimar combo, it's just an addition to the one you learned me. Dthrow to running usmash to NAIR to uair, its an extra 10 or so damage, and itll usually leave them open for a fair or a bair, its nice.

Doxa

Smash Rookie
Don't we all. ;)

Where exactly do you live? I live in Baytown and I know that's closer to League City than a lot of other places. (30-45 min drive). Can you drive or have any other skills that would aid you in playing with people in your area?
Yes, I have a license (though its a restricted license till July 13, I'm seventeen) and my own car. I live 5 minutes from Clear Creek High School, if that helps. I could have small groups of people, like 3 or 4, over at my house some of the time, just not in the late afternoon since that is my house's sleep time (mother and brother work night shift and late shift respectively), and I now and then work in the mornings as a paper pusher (only ten hours a week). I have a wii and brawl, though only two GCN controllers, and still pop in melee every now and then.

heytallman

CTALL
Except you're working ALL THE TIME. I'll be up for something sometime, but I think I probably conflict with your schedule.

Can you drive or have any other skills that would aid you in playing with people in your area?
I don't know why, but I lol'd really hard at "have any other skills."

Also, what's this I hear about something like a small gathering or get together on Thursday? Is this happening or am I crazy?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
wow, quite a few people not able to go at once o.O I'm just hoping my mom doesn't find a way to get herself lost when we go xD. Hmm... I'm wanting to do teams, but since Jaggd is out of town and won't be going to the tournament, I may have to have a computer as a partner, I guess that's not too bad though. Or I could just use Ice Climbers to make it a 2 on 2 xD.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Melee ftw Ronnie. Lets play soon.

Also, Hylian; M2K is the biggest troll I've ever seen. So that makes you a troll, silly. Don't let the nubs get your ego too big now ;)

I wouldn't be proud >.<

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Melee ftw Ronnie. Lets play soon.

Also, Hylian; M2K is the biggest troll I've ever seen. So that makes you a troll, silly. Don't let the nubs get your ego too big now ;)

I wouldn't be proud >.<
That's so true lol.

But thats why it say's "WHEN IT COMES TO KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME AND TECH SKILL"

Not:

"WHEN IT COMES TO POSTING ON THE INTERNET AND shh...it's m2k.."

>_>

Dugfinn needs to finish my sig so I can get rid of this one lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom