• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CY

Smash Ace
meh i kinda gave up on melee. switching back from the two is just too different. the airdodges, the speed, the ATs that melee has, etc etc.

i'll just stick to brawl now sons.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Sorry. I have orientation at UH. Gots ta get me a college edumacation.

Axxo or Pimpslap. What are you guys doing tomorrow, early afternoon? I have to pick my mom up at jury duty at an unknown time, I was wondering if you guys wanted to get some Brawl in since I'll be over in your general area. Might be a little difficult, but we could POSSIBLY work something out. But then again, maybe not. But just checkin'
i go to work at 5 tommarow Pm your number and we will work something out ok..

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could play Melee as well, but ever since Brawl came out I've only attempted it once. Going from playing Falco in Brawl to Marth in Melee (my Melee main) was tough. I'm sticking with Brawl too.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Melee? Dead? Since when? :( People are still talking about it, and I was practicing in Melee earlier today so...

(I hate using Sheik in Melee for some reason, but she's awesome in Brawl to me).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Please please please seed the brackets. By city and skill.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
You know what? I think i will seed. We have had enough tournies to know who is good and who isnt. The following will have seeds

Seth
hylian
trex
pozer
dr mario kart
royr
leeharris
Stiltz

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Anyone is welcome to come play Melee/Brawl at my House anyday next week, family will be out of town so lets get something started. =)

I'm also issuing a milk match to anyone who is brave enough to accept the challenge.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Gross, I hate shiek in melee.
SHe was way to easy to get good with.
I prefer Ganondorf.
Takes actual skill to succeed.
She's easy to learn in melee? Hmm... didn't know. Ice Climbers have always been easier to use in that game for me, though that's probably because I can't shffl xD, I have trouble short hopping in that game in general, and sheik's best in the air :p

Hmm... anyone want me to bring melee to play before the tournament starts?

Popertop

Smash Champion
She's easiest to go "pro" with.
You can just pick her up, do some tilts and downsmash a couple times, and voila.
Of course, there's more to it than that, but I just have severe distaste for shiek in Melee.

Now shiek in Brawl I don't mind.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
She's easiest to go "pro" with.
You can just pick her up, do some tilts and downsmash a couple times, and voila.
Of course, there's more to it than that, but I just have severe distaste for shiek in Melee.

Now shiek in Brawl I don't mind.
What made Sheik good in Melee was her fair, needles, chaingrabs, didn't really need to rely on L-cancelling as much as other characters since her aerial moves had very little lag in the first place, and her all around versatility and priority. She lost ALL of that in Brawl, which is why she isn't as good anymore.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Shiek is easy to beat in Melee lol.

Silly Houston :).

Xyro77

Plz dont bring melee. it will not be played on any tv. Even if its your tv. If you try it, we wont use your tv or your wii.

Hylian, i like your purple letters.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the seeding, Alan. Is there anyway we could have seeding for doubles also?

BTW, could I get a head count for who's planning to come to the fest tomorrow? You can just PM me.

Xyro77

i wont seed teams cause there isnt a AWESOME team set in stone other than mr.3000 nd trex. hell i saw Nino and a lvl 9 zelda place really well. we will do one more teams event then ill start seeding teams.

Also, this event will seal the deal for "team Houston". place well guys.

dawn001

Smash Ace

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You know what? I think i will seed. We have had enough tournies to know who is good and who isnt. The following will have seeds

Seth
hylian
trex
pozer
dr mario kart
royr
leeharris
Stiltz
Thanks! That looks like a good list.

And yeah..purple letters <3 :). I got accepted into the Smash Back Room >_>.

Xyro77

Reminder!!!!

PLZ BRING A FULL SET-UP(wii/tv/ssbb) TO PZ SATURDAY. YOUR ENTRY FEE WILL BE WAVED IF U DO.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Shiek is easy to beat in Melee lol.
Says the fox player <.<

i wont seed teams cause there isnt a AWESOME team set in stone other than mr.3000 nd trex. hell i saw Nino and a lvl 9 zelda place really well. we will do one more teams event then ill start seeding teams.
What about me/Hylian? FakeCesar and his partner also beat 3k/T-rex last tourny. *shrug*

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
is not! i would always play it and am sure there are more people out there that would not mind playing it or even make one last tourny for it..

jeremy me and you falco dittos in melee...lets do it!!!!

i want to play ..
Me too, lets set something up.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Hylian you should change your signature to "Hylian's not a troll, he's the Texas M2K when it comes to knowledge of the game and tech skill. It's true, check the purple letters."

Gratz on being accepted into the Smash Back Room.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Oh dang, all those rumors were true....

I just didn't listen when people said Hylian was the Texas M2K when it came to knowledge of the game and tech skill...

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Indeed they were. How DARE you doubt the infamous Hylian?

Btw I got Ninja Gaiden 2, and it is the most insane game ever. Best moment so far = smashing someone's head in with the Lunar Staff and watching pieces of their head explode everywhere.

Xyro77

Pozer, you are one funny man. U are getting a seed. plant it and hope it makes a beans

Esca

Smash Champion
Dude, kdr, when i saw your avatar, at first i thought you were Hylian, the Texas M2K when it comes to the knowledge of the game and tech skill, then i saw your name.

1. Peyton, are we still going to your casa Friday?
2. Who do I all have money matches with? Screw Milk Matches.
3. Collin, you're terrible.
4. I think me and takeurlife2 are doing teams saturday.
5. 10char. izards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom