• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's crucial that everyone goes to PnT, dawgs. For realz.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hmm, I might bring some recording equipment and get some vids.

Smoom77

Smash Master
And Smoom's always willing to play Melee with anyone, anyday, anytime. :D Smoom can't really travel anywhere...

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
i recommend all of you sign up for genesis twitter updates to your phone

and Twitter seems badass for big tournaments. Walk around the venue all you want, and you get texted when you need to play your match. the text would contain all the matches needed to be played currently in the tournament and you just look for yours. All Xyro has to do is text the update message to the twitter phone number and twitter auto-sends it to the attendees of the tournament (well at least the attendees who use twitter)

we should use it at HOBO 17 and WHOBO 2

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, twitter won't work. When YELLING at people over a microphone to tell people play matches doesn't work, why would twitter work any better? And believe me, some people just do not pay attention at all...

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
well if people like the idea of getting updates to your phone for when you need to play your match, maybe they will start paying attention :) i could imagine in a big venue like WHOBO, you go piss or something , twitter would come handy if you don't wanna miss your match

Popertop

Smash Champion
No Allan, I get it. People are more than willing to play Melee in Houston and/or travel for it.
Because Allan has to be right, even when he's wrong.

Allan just play the game if you want to **** stop whining about how its dead.

I play 3s and it's pretty dead. Do you see me whining about it?

No I just enjoy playing the people I get to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvhhds1ZQYw&feature=related

your prime huh?

LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL

Gea

Smash Master
Ozz I have limited texts and wouldn't want to use the Twitter service.

Edit: also our tournaments are not big enough, and it gives people another thing to be like OH I DIDN'T NOTICE THE SEARCH PARTY LOOKING FOR ME.

Before heading on to things like Twitter we should try simple methods like starting a bit earlier then having a designated lunch break. Then besides bathroom no one really has a reason to leave.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
okay GUYS LISTEN UP! I NEED EVERYONE THAT CAN BRING SETUPS TOMORROW TO PLEASE BRING SETUPS!!!! THIS WON'T BE FUN WITH JUST 1 SETUP! ALSO I'M PUSHING THE TIME TO 5:00pm INSTEAD OF 4:00pm! IF YOU SHOW UP AT 4 I WILL LEAVE YOUR B**** *** OUTSIDE UNTIL 5! YEAHHHHHHH!!!! BRING SETUPS <--- THIS PART IS CRUCIAL!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ozz I have limited texts and wouldn't want to use the Twitter service.

Edit: also our tournaments are not big enough, and it gives people another thing to be like OH I DIDN'T NOTICE THE SEARCH PARTY LOOKING FOR ME.

Before heading on to things like Twitter we should try simple methods like starting a bit earlier then having a designated lunch break. Then besides bathroom no one really has a reason to leave.
I actually tried the whole lunch break idea at Ozzfest, and...it worked, barring a few stragglers. This should be done more.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
maybe. i was only looking at the idea for twitter as a preference thing. not everyone has to do it. just whoever wants to get updates through text and signs up for twitter thing. but i see what your saying.

and yea i will include a lunch break in the next ozzfest's schedule. its too cruical for me to pass up

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
No Allan, I get it. People are more than willing to play Melee in Houston and/or travel for it.
AGain you dont get it.

Melee has dropped in number of events and attendance by a LARGE amount. It takes the back burner to brawl and even brawl+(now thats sad, lol).

Even the "melee states" have lower turnout than when melee was popular.

If you dont read ANYTHING else............Melee discs are not being made anymore either, so yes its dead.

i dont mean the game is NOT being played AT all. I know it is....hell, clay fighters is stil being played

Because Allan has to be right, even when he's wrong.

Allan just play the game if you want to **** stop whining about how its dead.

I play 3s and it's pretty dead. Do you see me whining about it?
im not whining. i dont whine about melee.

why the **** do u destroy ozz's dreams?!?!?!?!?!

heytallman

CTALL
I liked the designated lunch break time at Ozzfest. It gave me a time to better socialize with people such as Bwett and Zac, who I don't really get to talk with often, while also chatting it up with people like Jog, pop, and gnes. A mall food court or restaurant would make a much better setting for conversation than a place with TVs blaring and hot stuff going on. Just sayin', the lunch break was really nice.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
So the one thing people actually liked about ozzfest.... wasn't even organized by me

FML
it almost always works out that way. LOTS of people find the food/after tourney part better than the actual event. This is a GOOD thing. I remember(as can gea/rt) some of our GREATEST melee memories was when we DIDNT play melee.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
IHOP after FS6 was too funny. Is your tongue healed from the hot chicken yet?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH, ya love it, don't ya?

Tomorrow will be fun. Record lots of vids.

heytallman

CTALL
So I'm working on editing some .wav's for that music swap thing. I've done a few, and am getting pretty comfy with editing them. If anyone who's interested in this is looking for someone to edit .wav's I may be able to offer my services, provided I approve of the song (I'm mainly interested in doing instrumentals). Songs I've done for myself already are Metallica's Orion and Rush's YYZ, along with the full version of Live & Learn (way better than Brawl's butchered version).

Also I'm using this just to get random ideas, because I wanna do quite a few of these.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
So I'm working on editing some .wav's for that music swap thing. I've done a few, and am getting pretty comfy with editing them. If anyone who's interested in this is looking for someone to edit .wav's I may be able to offer my services, provided I approve of the song (I'm mainly interested in doing instrumentals). Songs I've done for myself already are Metallica's Orion and Rush's YYZ, along with the full version of Live & Learn (way better than Brawl's butchered version).

Also I'm using this just to get random ideas, because I wanna do quite a few of these.
wtf? it's their song and their brawl. let them use the songs they want, why do you have to approve it?

**** son

heytallman

CTALL
Well I'm not going to do something like Emo Break-Up Song by Fall Out Boy or some **** like that. People need to have SOME kind of taste. If they want Emo Break Up Song they can do it themselves.

Metroid Metal will be **** in Brawl

KRDsonic

Smash Master

The song to the first time you fight the Masked Man in Mother 3 plz.

I can't get my songs to loop, and this is really the only thing I'm really wanting.

MP3 link if you need it: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=916T16EV

Edit: Nevermind, I finally got it to work.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
this **** is tasty. i've been able to get the BRSTMS into stereo as well. the whole process takes long though for just one song, stereo or mono

Esca

Smash Champion
Melee really is a dead game. I dunno why you guys are giving Allan so much **** for not supporting it. He's your TO, not your friend. He's out to get promotion. There's only a handful of people who would actually enter a Melee tournament, to be completely honest. It's a ****z and gigglez kinda thing when your at a fest, not a serious game any more. Hell, I'll play Melee all day long, but will I actually spend my money on it? Hell no. Noone except for like Sethlon and the washed up Melee vets would travel for Melee. And considering they won't even travel to San Antonio for a tournament, then I doubt they'd travel anywhere else.

/rant.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Saying that Brawl+ gets more tourney love than Melee is laughable.

I think that Melee is on life support rather than dead. :/

I mean ****. Revival of Melee was a sign of that. The fact that Genesis is Half Brawl and Half Melee shows it isnt completely dead.

You can't deny it isnt extremely alive. Barely is more like it.

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
Anyone want to come to my place on Saturday? Be like a "whoever ain't going to Genesis, come to Tree's" thing.

I'll ask my parents if anyone is actually interested.

HAVE FUN AT GENESIS!

Oh, and di you know that if you dress up as a cow and go to Chik-Fil-A tomorrow, you get free chicken? I would love to do it but now cow suit or CFA nearby :[

Player-4

See you in 25 years
LISTEN UP! EVEN IF YOU CAN'T BRING A TV TOMORROW PLEASE BRING A WII AND SSBB BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE CAN BRING A TV AND NOT A WII! (caps)

Gea

Smash Master
AGain you dont get it.

Melee has dropped in number of events and attendance by a LARGE amount. It takes the back burner to brawl and even brawl+(now thats sad, lol).

Even the "melee states" have lower turnout than when melee was popular.
lol Lower turnout != dead son. Brawl has lower turnout than a year ago.

BRAWL IS DEAD, ACCEPT IT

If you dont read ANYTHING else............Melee discs are not being made anymore either, so yes its dead.

i dont mean the game is NOT being played AT all. I know it is....hell, clay fighters is stil being played
Yes because Melee is SO hard to come by. I mean, you don't even need a gamecube. You need one memory card for an entire tournament. The hardest thing to come by is the controllers which are ironically also used for Brawl.

Come on, Allan. MvC2 obviously is obviously dead too. OH WAIT

why the **** do u destroy ozz's dreams?!?!?!?!?!
We all need hobbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom