• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Also i met a AWESOME guy who is willing to host brawl tourny's for free at his store want more information PM. i wan't credit for this. !!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I hear there a tourney at UH and also one at a Play N Trade (not the same one) this coming Saturday April 26th, both with cash prizes. May 3 will be the one at Planet Zero. The one after that is the one in June. Should be fun...

M

MyTime123

ima smack stilts pic. come the 26th!!! dont be there monkey or else!!! arg!!! im angry

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
OMG! You too?! Agh, dude we were like 10 cars away from the freakin' crash! It happened like 30 sec right before we got there - CRAZY! A truck pulling a utility trailer went out of control, drove across the grassy area dividing the east and west 1-10 lanes, crashed through the metal fence thing, plowed through the sand canister things, barely dodged the giant cement pillars, drove onto the wrong-way lanes (we were in) and slammed into an 18-Wheeler! Holy crap! Yeah, that happed at 2:30-ish am, and we had to sit there till almost 8 am when they FINALLY cleared the road enough for us to drive by. We all just passed out in my van, but since we were surrounded by a freakin' 18-Wheeler convoy on one side, ticked off cars on the other, and destruction + emergency lights in front- it was difficult for everyone to get good sleep. I on the other hand, who have slept through EVERY major catastrophe that has yet hit Houston in my lifetime, had a walk in the park sleeping, heh. Oh, but like a moron, I left the van's lights on for an hour earlier that night and my battery died. So we walked over to the crash site just a few cars away (there were tire marks several inches deep into the road! Whoa!) and the State Trooper jump started us. We also got to ride in his cop car (that thing was nice inside, FYI).

Anyways, the tournament was way too much fun. Gamelots is seriously a nice place to hold an event like that. Axxo, hurry up and open one like that here in Houston! Heh.

Oh, and results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4340253#post4340253
That was horrible... we were stuck there for a good hour before the cop led us out, and we did not get home until around 10.... that was over 24 hours without any sleep, Gabe was about to pass out of exhaustion.....

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
David, which one are you going to?
Neither, I have work. I recommend you go to the May 3rd one since it is literally five minutes from your house, even if you hate Brawl. At least you'll get to see some high-level Brawl from Houston's best...

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Houston smash tourny on May 3rd? It seems too good to be true. I've never been to a tournament and would love to go, it sounds like so much fun. *Starts training for the tournament.*

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I will probably go to the May 3rd Planet Zero tournament as well, this will be my first major tourney. Are you guys expecting a big turnout?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Major tourney? o.O That sounds really fun xD.

I already know that some of the people that will show up are pretty good. I posted a topic on gamefaqs saying I was training for this tourny, and the first person that looked at the topic also happened to be from Houston, so he said he was going to come, then we had a few battles and I lost most of them xD. Darn falco being good against Yoshi and I refused to use my 3rd main after I decided to beat him with him xD.

hmm... Too bad I never got to go to a Melee tournament, but Brawl is still fun too at least :p

heytallman

CTALL
KRDsonic, you play Yoshi, eh? Hear that Furbs, you're not alone!

To both of you, usually (from what I believe) tournaments like the one on May 3rd will turn out about 40-45 people or so. They're lots of fun, you dudes should come. It should be totally awesome. Did I say "should"? I meant will!

Jeremy, I also hope to see you sometime soon, I'm just pretty busy now. We'll chill in the summer sometime

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I will most definitely be there. 40-45 people sounds badass. I just recently hosted a small tournament with friends (only turned out to be 12 people unfortunately, many people were no-shows) and so it didn't turn out to be that fun. I've been wanting to go to a large tournament. Any pros such as Sethlon, Hylian, etc. plan on going?

thrillho60

Smash Rookie
Finally!

Hey, everyone, add one more Houston area smasher to your list! I've been trying for almost a week to get the activation email, but it finally came! It was like Christmas morning.

I posted this in the meet & greet forums:

Haldo, everyone! There have been some technical difficulties but I have finally received my activation email and clicked on the all important link held within, and with this post I officially become a participating member of Smash World Forums!

So, to introduce myself. Thrillho is short for Thrillhouse, which is derived from the Simpsonian, Milhouse (see Bonestorm episode). 60 is arbitrary, but for some reason I keep using it. I've been playing Smash recreationally since 64, but since moving to the Houston area I haven't had anyone to play with. So, here I am seeking skilled opponents, and I think I may be in a bit over my head, but I also think that with time I will rise to the competitions level.

For all you melee lovers, I'm sorry, but I like my chances better with brawl. I never found a reason to learn wavedashing or anything else too wild, but I think I play at a pretty high level the way the game was designed to be played. I'll still probably get whupped six ways from Sunday by the first few opponents I find.

Well, that's all for that. Happy smashing, everyone!
but I also wanted to throw my hat in the ring here and make myself known. My biggest motivation for being here is that I'm sick of playing the CPU. So who wants to brawl? I plan on going to this tourney on May 3rd, but I'd like to find someone to play before then if I can.

I live on the north end of the Woodlands, and my number is 936-828-1334

edit: I'm sorry if it's rude to disappear right after introducing myself, but my wife is waiting until I'm done here to go to bed, and that's a burden of guilt I can't bear. I'll make my neccessary replies in the morning.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yes the tourney i am running is BYOC. read the first page for all rules. if u have any questions PM me or AIM me at xyro77

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Find out the ethnicities of the prosecutor/defendant, say "I hate [enter ethnicity of one here]" and they'll kick you out. Can't have bias after all.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
KRDsonic, you play Yoshi, eh? Hear that Furbs, you're not alone!

To both of you, usually (from what I believe) tournaments like the one on May 3rd will turn out about 40-45 people or so. They're lots of fun, you dudes should come. It should be totally awesome. Did I say "should"? I meant will!

Jeremy, I also hope to see you sometime soon, I'm just pretty busy now. We'll chill in the summer sometime
Definitly, we will play, pm me when you want too. Or call.

I will most definitely be there. 40-45 people sounds badass. I just recently hosted a small tournament with friends (only turned out to be 12 people unfortunately, many people were no-shows) and so it didn't turn out to be that fun. I've been wanting to go to a large tournament. Any pros such as Sethlon, Hylian, etc. plan on going?
If hylian and seth are pros, Im god.

any ideas how to get out of jury duty so i can go?
Tell um you need to reschedule. simple.

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
man ive thought about that. but i really dont wanna drive out to freakin conroe to do that.
or i could get there and when i see the dude on trial be like "ohh heyyy STEVE! dude remember me? we went to school aww man, ill getcha off from this bs sentence" haha

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Definitly, we will play, pm me when you want too. Or call.

If hylian and seth are pros, Im god.

Tell um you need to reschedule. simple.
$100 MM?

$1000 MM?

No **** talk. Just straight up MM. If you don't accept, then please don't ever talk **** about me again. You don't know me, and we have never played. That was NOT me you were playing as Kyu.

Grow up.

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
ahaha i gotta go the 28th to see if i get selected thats when ima work my magic.
i havent been to a tourney in houston yet cause ive been jumpin around with living situations for the past year or 2 but now im settled here for good. and wanna freakin bring some serious peach and dk action to this one :)

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
$100 MM?

$1000 MM?

No **** talk. Just straight up MM. If you don't accept, then please don't ever talk **** about me again. You don't know me, and we have never played. That was NOT me you were playing as Kyu.

Grow up.
Owned.

10char

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
jeremy, i offer the same challenge as Hylian. You suck crusty wang and you have always been a horrible smash player. Accept or go poop on a hamster.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
jeremy, i offer the same challenge as Hylian. You suck crusty wang and you have always been a horrible smash player. Accept or go poop on a hamster.On a side note PIMPSLAP is awesome
thanks tgm hey i got a venue that holds 63 people and does not need to be paid for the first couple tournaments.so all theoneygoes to the pot pm for more info:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom