• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodTemple

Smash Cadet
Hey yall im Andrew but at yesterdays tournament my tag was Final which will most likely always be my tag, Im a Falco player, I made it past the pool rounds yesterday but lost past that.

It was nice playing you all

I was curious if we could start getting Wifi numbers around so we dont have to travel as much to play each other i know it lags but its not as bad as everyone says and most definately playable.

My wifi code is 421036479550

Oh and my really good was also at the tournament yesterday yall might have met him, he was viraxis.

I dont know why those money matches are apperaing on my post but plz ignore

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
yea dave im surprised how well i did in the tourney, got past you! ;) yoshi ftw!

Gea

Smash Master
ROFL at Jake not even showing.

Roy, you missed my awesome matches vs Hylian. For shame.

Dave: I love you.

Apoc: Glad you prevented the mud slide.

Furbs, you did awesome.

Gabe, it was nice seeing you. Same to you, Sethlon. Good ****.

Hylian, our matches were freggan intense and made of win.

Shane, you are an amazing metaknight and should have 2-0'd me. Next time, sir. Next time.

Alan: Thanks for a great tournament. :D

To Shane, Hylian, Pimpslap, and everyone else in our pool: **** we were like the best pool ever.

Drew: Thanks for the fun matches. I really enjoyed playing you and ******* around with a beam sword in a mansion.

To everyone I went pika and corneria against: Sorry. Its gay, isn't it?

To everyone I missed: ****. Sorry, I'll add in more later.

Edit: Carnitarian. Dude. That Warlock punch was the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life.

OH, TGM I wants the tio results file to upload to allisbrawl.

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
ROFL at anyone losing to snake.
If a giant bipedal tank cant beat Snake, then who can?

Anyways, great tourney, turned out really well. The only complaint I have (and I have no right to complain about this) is that I was stuck playing almost every single one of my pool matches on a horribly laggy HD TV. It did not keep me from advancing to brackets, but I wasn't able to play at my full potential until I played my last round against TGM. I guess I should bring my TV next time.

I've never done shout outs before, but here it goes:

Seth: F*cking birds. Its no shame to be eliminated by you, but I'll find a way around that feathery b@stard. Also, your match with Hylian was epic, keep up the good work. Bird/Ike combo is too good.

G@be: You did too good for not playing the game at all. Play with Seth and I some more, you'll r@pe in tournaments more than you already did.

Codey: Did not get to see any of your matches, but I hope you did well. You should come over to Seth's every time theres a tourney.

JF: You definitely need to play Brawl more. Your were always a better Melee player than me, you need to get a Wii and let that carry over to Brawl.

Aaron: Good job setting up the tourney, great location and venue. Its a shame that you hate Brawl so much though. Play with the Magnolia crew some more and give it a second chance.

TGM: Also props on the tourney set up. Our pool matches were too good, it ended at 1-1. We need to finish it next time theres a tourney with a MM or something. My Toon vs your Samus/Marth

There were also lots of great people I played, but I did not catch anyones name (I was the blue Toon Link). Hope to see yall again, I'm looking forward to the next big Houston tournament.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
1./2. T-rex/3000 (i think they might've just splitsied)
3. Dr. Mario Kart
4. Sethlon
5. Hylian / ???

Teams:
1. T-rex/3000
2. Roy/Sethlon

Actual results.

Now, actual shout outs.

Hylian: Footstool jumping is broken, and so is Orpheon. Our matches were too epic. Play you some more at san an??? :) Play GG, your tech skill will ****.

JF: No johns :lick:

BeBoBli: No johns :lick:

TGM: Your extension cords took it like a man.

DrewDaDragon: Fun to play against you again, its been a while :)

Roy: Ahhhhghghghg, I got ***** that last team match >.< Like, hardcore illegal ****. Oh well. Stop by my place sometime this week for trashday practice :)

Ronnie: Where were ya, noob?? =/

3000: Cut that out, sonic isn't supposed to be good ;_; Me switching to Ike was a bad idea that second match, lol. Also us playing 3 sets against eachother in one tournament is lol-worthy. We'll have to get some GG in at trashday (although i'll probly get DESTROYED =/ )

RocketTrainer: Challenge accepted! Must say, you've gotten suprisingly good at brawl :)

Dr. Mario Kart: We should get some matches in some time :) You coming to Trashday?

Edit: (Real) CESAR!!!: Mario Kart is such a fat character stage, lol. Tourny experience proves it to be true. Ike + G&W + fsmash = GG ike. Sucks that we had to play eachother, but it happens sometimes, eh?

G@BE

Smash Lord
so all the excitement this weekend has actual made me want to play/practice this game...

I surprised i got 1st in my pool >.>

alex is there a way i can get in on that trashday practice :p

I just dont know who to play :( everyone plays metaknight and its annoying :(

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
oh wait.....i should do that lol

Dave: awesome games in friendlies you know im catching up to you! at least i got further ;) (thank god for byes)

Gea: sucks you didn't do so good in brackets, but at least you dominated pools!

Dr.Drew/Apoc: GG's dudes! can't believe i got some wins in on you guys!

G@be: fun seeing you again man we should smash moar, also i 4got your tf2 tag ><

TGM: awsome venue! we should do it some moar!

Sethlon: duuuuuude stay ike! HE KILLED A GOD!!!! moar than falco ever did, he only helped fox blow up a giant monkeys head....

Tallman: sucks you had to leave but it was good to see you again man!

Roy: derp

Axxo: LOL 3 STOCKED BY YOSHI!!!!
anyone else....die..... :D

Gea

Smash Master
so all the excitement this weekend has actual made me want to play/practice this game...

Pika is waaaay good. I was playing him very basically just to be gay (all those dsmashes and thunders) but he has a few more tricks and you'll be able to do well with him.

You play so smart though, that anyone you pick up will do well.

Furbs: I did alright in brackets. No johns from me. I lost to good players. Also your match against JIIIIIMMMMBOOOOOO was hilarious.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Definately =} I'll give you a call whenever me an' roy are gonna play (if we do end up diong so).

Sethlon: duuuuuude stay ike! HE KILLED A GOD!!!! moar than falco ever did, he only helped fox blow up a giant monkeys head....
When did Ike kill a god <.< (i've only played his first game)
Falco has lazerz and a brooklyn accent though, it makes up for it. Oh, and chaingrabs. Chaingrabs are nice too.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Definately =} I'll give you a call whenever me an' roy are gonna play (if we do end up diong so).

When did Ike kill a god <.< (i've only played his first game)
Falco has lazerz and a brooklyn accent though, it makes up for it. Oh, and chaingrabs. Chaingrabs are nice too.
the second game, basically the godess ashera is all like,

"LOL oh wow it sure is violent around here!" and turns everyone to stone and shes all like "LOL PWNT"

but then ike is like "lolwut?" and kills her....its awesome

gea: lol jimboooo did surprisingly decent in pools. after all you guys said i was like lolwut? when he took a stock off me....i was expecting MOAR CAPE!!!

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
TGM/xyro needs to make a results thread lol... I'll post up shoutouts there...

Lots of fun though, except teams (single elim ftl :( )

Also I think I got 5th...

Kira.

Smash Rookie
Hey guys don't forget about me!!! That was a really fun tourney and the first one I've been to with other smashboards members. Needless to say i wasn't disappointed. (I was the red metaknight btw)

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
hey kira i didn't know you were on the boards, i saved that teams delphino replay we did on my SD card, idk if you want it or not! let me know!

heytallman

CTALL
Yesterday was fun. It was my first tourney, so I didn't really expect great things. Shoutout time:

Furbs: Good to see you again too. I'm still better than you, but my D3 needs work. Or at least he shouldn't play on Castle Siege.

Gea: I told you you wouldn't 3 stock me. You never even 2 stocked me (but I think we only played one match lol)

Dave: I enjoyed playing your Lucario, its good to see that somebody is givin' him a little love (I love him too!)

Axxo, Pimpslap, and TGM, and everyone else I met for the first time yesterday: It was cool meeting you dudes yesterday.

Carnivarian: Your warlock punch on Yoshi's stage was the winningest thing I have ever seen.

Can't wait for another Brawl tourney (can't make it to Trashday). It was quite fun. Hopefully I'll do better next time.

Gea

Smash Master
Aw yeah Tallman, I'm all talk. Hahaha. You shoulda stuck around longer for friendlies. You didn't do terrible man. Come to the gamestop some saturday or get a ride with furbs to my place during the week sometime. We'll get you good.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Play Pikachu! Or use Pokemon Trainer....it's hard to get good with Ivysaur/Charizard though. Honestly, just use a character you LIKE.

Hmm, I need more practice for Trash Day. I want to do better. *looks at Roy, Gea, and Furbs*

Also, carnitarian, if you want to have some practice, let me know sometime...uh, my cell number has changed.

Tallman, if you play more matches against our little group, you WILL get better. :) Come to the Gamestop this Saturday and enter the tourney.

heytallman

CTALL
Gea: I had to leave for a birthday party. Rock Band FTW...especially when you're singing Iron Maiden or Metallica.

And also, I'm busy every Saturday until, like halfway through the month of May

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
hmmm im thinking sense i live between magnolia and gea RT and roy perhaps i could hold a small smashfest for trashday practice?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
The tourney was fun. Too bad I had to leave early though, i think i qualified for the winner's bracket.

I broke even, won as many matches as I lost (8 wins, 8 losses). Surprisingly well for my first tourney.

Lol, I think I was the only person there who used Link, ppl were like "Link...you're Link? Seriously? Okay, then..."

VERY fun, I hope there will be another tourney sometime soon. I've heard from some of my friends that there'll be a tourney on April 19th at a college. I'll try to get more details on it.

Oh, heytallman, i still haven't played u in GH have I? Yeah, I'll get to that. Monday night, perhaps, online of course. I'll post when I'm ready.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Furbs...do this please. I would suggest Saturday...that would take away from Gamestop, but we would have better quality practice sessions.

Dingding123...tourney is at UH. Check my sig for the link. It's called Trash Day, which basically has a bunch of fighting games including Brawl. Kind of expensive to enter, but it should be worth it.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Dingding123...tourney is at UH. Check my sig for the link. It's called Trash Day, which basically has a bunch of fighting games including Brawl. Kind of expensive to enter, but it should be worth it.
OOOHH, THAT's what Trash Day is! Aaight, i'll try to make it there, sounds fun!

Yeah, I've heard it will be expensive, but doesn't the winner get like $400? Sounds worth it to me!

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
saturday is trashday though, maybe friday or something?

lol dingding try using yoshi in a tournament :D

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
lol....everyones location says houston........................................................................................................................

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Not this coming Saturday. This coming Saturday has nothing...It's NEXT Saturday. Get your calendar straight, Furbs. ;)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*facepalm*

Trash Day is the 19TH. You...did read my sig right? And now I've lost all faith in you again Furbs...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
GG's everyone. I had fun. Speeding ticket FTL though. I will post shoutouts later.

heytallman

CTALL
At one point in the thread, somebody asked if it was the 12th or the 19th, and I think whoever is running it said it was the 12th, but for some reason they haven't updated the topic title. Unfortunately, I can't make it either Saturday

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Ya'll lost to a snake. That is kinda funny, and ya'll say know one played Toon Link... sad... WHAHAHWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAWHAAHWHAH

XZalla, hit meh up my ninja.
there was one tink player there, i think he bumped axxo out of the brackets, but he didn't do too well i think, i also went TL for a few pools matches.

Edit: also the snake player won because it was 3000's brother and sense they were both finalists, 3000 didn't want to face his brother so let him win, pretty nice.

but yea 1st and 2nd place were snake and sonic.......d**n 3rd parties

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
there was one tink player there, i think he bumped axxo out of the brackets, but he didn't do too well, i also went TL for a few pools matches.

Edit: also the snake player won because it was 3000's brother and sense they were both finalists, 3000 didn't want to face his brother so let him win, pretty nice.

but yea 1st and 2nd place were snake and sonic.......d**n 3rd parties
I was the Toon Link player.

Also, it sucks but I'll be out of town for Trash Day...

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
TrashDay is on the 12th.
THIS Saturday. As in 6 days from today.
They really need to change that topic title, ugh.

Jeremy: Why didn't you go to the Smash event yesterday? Are you THAT scared of me?
Prove you can stand at least as tall as a little boy without peeing his pants in my presence at Trashday and attend. But if you're too chicken to not show. Tsk. I'm not asking you to participate (because I already know you're too scared of Mr. 3000 and T-Rex ****** you in the game), but at least have the balls you claim to have, and face me in person. If you don't go to Trashday, I'm declaring you a *** who's afraid of girls. Face me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom