• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamTheMechE

Smash Rookie
Items?

What are the rules as far as items go? I assume they will be off, but there is a distinction that needs to be made:

Items ON with RATE set to "none"
-Dedede can pluck all items that are ON regardless of drop rate
All Items OFF (RATE doesn't matter)
-Dedede can pluck no items

Sorry if I missed a post on this, the thread is pretty long. Can you update the OP with the answer?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Items will be off, with all items set off individually. Everyone bringing a setup should do this. Although, I believe G&W can still spawn apples with a 7 from hammer, but only if the RNG chooses apples specifically as the food he drops. And yes, Peach can spawn Mr. Saturns, Bomb-ombs, Beam Swords...but it was allowed in Melee.

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
`Yea I will be attending to this tourney and ill bring a full setup.

If anyone wants to play online or come to my house on Friday from 2 to whenever. You can to play Brawl

Pimpslap lets play online!!!!!! Now!!!!!1

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
man that tourny seems like it would be fun to go to \...\ um i'm going to heros tommarow but i can drop by for a little bit yea sure i'll bring my poke balls and we can catch that **** meowth sound cool anybody else coming?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
GEEZ, from just the people who say they will show up to the tourney on smashboards, I'm expecting more like 40 to 45 people at this thing. EXCLUDING non-...smashboardians?

kage921

Smash Journeyman
why dont you come to my house? heres my number , 281 948 0919....... call me it will be faster............

void i don't know about the club..... call me so we could discuss this.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
well after playing playing diddy kongs and peachs and a few DDDs. i will leave items ON and the drop rate of none. Front page will be updated as well.

To everybody who is reading this: PLEASE BRING A FULL SET-UP! ALSO, BE AT THE VENUE BY 11AM. AGAIN, PLEASE WRITE DOWN THE ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER OF THIS PLACE RIGHT NOW SO THAT IF SMASHBOARDS IS DOWN U WILL STILL HAVE THE INFO. IF ANYBODY HAS ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS TOURNAMENT, PLZ ASK ME AT THE TOURNAMENT OR CALL ME AT 409-692-0697. MY NAME IS ALLAN AND IF I DONT PICK UP, PLZ LEAVE A MESSAGE

ALSO, PLZ RE-READ THE FRONT PAGE FOR UPDATES. I WILL BRING A COPY OF THE RULES SO IF ANY OF YOU COMPLAIN, YOU CAN SHOVE IT!

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
I've seen some talk of guitar hero : ). Anybody wanna money match my bro? He'll give you double what he would win if you win. Rules will be discussed if there's any takers. Anyways back to the topic...

I will be coming to the tourney and I will be bringing a set up.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Heytallman, u said u pwn at GH? I'll play u in a 7-song match! You play on expert, right?

well after playing playing diddy kongs and peachs and a few DDDs. i will leave items ON and the drop rate of none. Front page will be updated as well.
Whoa, diddy can throw out items!? Oh, wait, yeah i guess he can, considering his banana toss. I never thought about that.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Last post BEFORE THE TOURNEY

I've seen some talk of guitar hero : ). Anybody wanna money match my bro? He'll give you double what he would win if you win. Rules will be discussed if there's any takers. Anyways back to the topic...

I will be coming to the tourney and I will be bringing a set up.
all tvs will be used for smash. if you bring a setup for any other game....it will not be used. We have a small venue combined with lots of people......GH3 or melee or any other game WILL NOT BE PLAYED untill all brawl events are done.

PS: i was informed that diddy and peach can still pull items no matter what....there for all items and drop rates will be off

PSS: As a reminder, i will bring the rules with me to the tournament so if u have any questions or would personly like to see the rules u can ask for the list. I ask that all of you take a look at the first post and get on brawl and change all the levels on random to th stages that are listed on the 1st post. This will save some time when its tourney day.

PSSS: 1vs1 will be first so be there by 11am.........DO NOT BE LATE......if the spots are filled up, and u show up late.......too bad. Before anybody can start practicing, you must pay your fees......so bring about 40-50 dollars with you(entry fee,1vs1,2vs2,food,money matches).

PSSSS: If anybody needs help with directions i suggest you save PLAY N TRADES number in your cell, they can help you get there.

PSSSSS: Im bringing a laptop and camera, if u want matches recorded for online......yu gotta tell me.

PSSSSSS: Please give brawl a chance. i know must of you( including me) may not like brawl. I ask you to give brawl at least ONE tourney chance. It may not be as bad as we thing.

PSSSSSSS: BRING A FULL SET-UP(wii/ssbb/tv) AND ENTRY FEE WILL BE REDUCED!!!!!!

heytallman

CTALL
Dingding I will play you in Guitar Hero 3 sometime...or Guitar Hero 2, take your pick. And yeah, I do play on expert. How good are you? Can you five star Raining Blood or pass Through the Fire and Flames?

Also, I can bring my Wii and the game to the tourney, but I don't have a TV I can bring. Would I be better off just not bringing the Wii at all?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
If you're coming from Veteran's Memorial heading towards Louetta, it says to make a left on Louetta, is the place on the same Plaza as HEB?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Lols, I can 4-star Raining Blood, and get to 83% on TTFAF...sooo clooose......
But I'm top 50 (#48 to be exact) on the leaderboards for Prayer of the Refugee...granted easy, but hey i'm not top 50 on it for nothing! Hitting EVERY SINGLE note ain't a walk in the park.

Those two songs aren't my best anyhow. U oughtta see my Welcome to the Jungle, My Curse or 3's and 7's once I get warmed up. I'm a beast at those. :p

I only have GH3, so I guess it'll b GH3 then.

I'll give u my FC for GH3 sometime tomorrow afternoon/night.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
1. T-rex (Snake?)
2. Mr. 3000 (Sonic?)
3. Sethlon (Falco/Ike)

Teams:
1. Roy/Sethlon

Someone told me this over the phone, so I could be wrong. I think about 40 people went, so not too bad considering the place was kind of small...anyways, shoutouts!

To everyone in my pool: Good matches. I didn't catch everyone's names, but it was fun playing a variety of characters...well except having to play THREE Falcos...and that one guy I didn't play who just left and forfeited all his matches....

Sethlon: NOOOOOO, THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING. I'll beat you someday JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE. Also, I'll give you your hard-earned dollar some other time. Gah, Peach and Mario....what the heck? No wait, I want a second random character MM. DOUBLE OR NOTHING FOR $2. ACCEPT? (Y/Y) Also, lol, range on Lucario's fsmash. Your Falco intrigues me, and I must test some stuff out...

Gabe: Good seeing you again. If you really want a main, go with Pikachu. He got MUCH better. I think Gea already showed you that...

Dr Drew: Heh, good stuff against your Lucas. I'm guessing you hate Lylat Cruise since you struck it off almost immediately? I...kept jumping into your usmashes, since I'm THAT ********. Ah well, maybe next time...

Hylian: Haha, forgot to do our MM. Maybe next time. ;)

That Meta Knight I played (I think it was Chane?): Good stuff, your MK is definitely the best MK I've played so far. I'll have to see what I can do to get around him as well...

Carnitarian: Good to see you again man. GANONDORF CAN'T BE DENIED. And that Warlock Punch on Yoshi's Island with the rising helper ghost....oh my lord, best thing I've seen in Brawl yet. EVERYONE should have watched that match.

Furbs: You did good! See, don't worry about how you're playing. You just need to stop doing a few things and not be predictable. ;)

Gea: Lol, powershielding. YOU CHEESE PIZZA PIRATE.

Roy: Sucks you couldn't enter the singles tourney. Ah well, maybe the next one (if there is one...).

Apoc: You sir, win the world. Also, enter more tourneys, you did VERY good.

TGM and Omni: Thanks for organizing the tourney. When I first saw the place, I had my doubts, but you guys really did a good job. :)

Everyone else who didn't/refused to come: You really did miss out on some good stuff despite what you think. But whatever...

Anyone I forgot: Sorry. :(

I noted that there weren't any Ice Climbers, Ness, Toon Link, Jigglypuff, or Bowser players. Maybe like one or two, but I didn't see them outside of friendlies...

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
I got 3rd. Its Shane. I thought they wanted actual names on that one sheet so I ended up not going by the tag.

I keep dropping the ball at the very end of these things :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom