• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yea i def made those posts. Clearly i didnt mean it. Its obvious when im serious on this board and when im not. He tried to relate typical ******** xyro posts to a real life event as some sort of evidence or something. Its 110% incorrect but i see what hes trying to say. Im not mad. Its ****ed up but then again ive said some ****ed up stuff on this board too. So yea im not mad at him.

Truth be told, i wasn't happy with myself for various reasons(24 and STILL in school/have ****ty job/having a wife keep the ship from sinking/didn't feel attractive enough for her....ect). Because of MY issues, it pushed Amanda away. Once i realized wtf i was doing, i fixed most of them but she had already "given up" on US mentally and emotionally. Though she never told me point blank that there were issues and though she never went 'to the ends of the earth" to help solve our issues (if you are married, you need to do w/e it takes to save a marriage), most of that is on ME.

However.....

To have an affair is 10000000000% a choice chosen by the cheater. NO ONE makes you pull down your pants and cheat. A person may OPEN the door for you to cheat but YOU make the CHOICE to walk through it. That's what she did. She made the choice to walk through that door.

It is what it is and im slowly getting over it.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
However.....

To have an affair is 10000000000% a choice chosen by the cheater. NO ONE makes you pull down your pants and cheat. A person may OPEN the door for you to cheat but YOU make the CHOICE to walk through it. That's what she did. She made the choice to walk through that door.
I agree with this 100% Unless you've actually experienced being cheated on, don't even act like you can understand it. Cheating on someone is never justified. It doesn't matter how many old posts you look through and take out of context to try to make someone look bad.

:059:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Man, thanks a lot ALSM

I write Xyro a poetic call to action for a Whobo 5
and then you derail it with that post :(

If there is no Whobo 5 I blame ALSM

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
No stfu. You have not experienced the same thing as Xyro. You have not been together with someone for 6 years like he has nor have you married nor have had a kid with that person. There's a reason you look like a fool right now.
So you think. I may not have experienced the exact same things, but I've experienced similiar things, more than you think, and I am really familiar with how Xyro described his emotional turmoil. On the surface, I may seem like an ordinary person/smasher, but you just don't know what I've exactly been through/experienced, just like anybody else you're not close/common friends with.

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You'd be surprised how much every individual in this thread has experienced in their lives. I doubt many people here are just "ordinary smashers" as far as that's concerned.
They're calling you a fool for a damn good reason. :applejack:

Xyro77

Kinda weird. It usually is me who gives people a hard time about their life issues. Now i guess it's time for me to pay the piper. I deserve it.

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
I will defend Xyro by advising not to dig up forum posts against a 6 year long relationship. I'm not claiming to know anything, but it's definitely more complicated than SWF can describe.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I seriously only found blue waffles like that photo when I turned safe search off.

Seriously. If you don't believe me, try it for yourself.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just finished world 1 of Star Sticker.

It's okay so far. Battle system is pretty simplistic compared to the first two games. The humor is still very good. There really isn't any plot development.

Overall, the scores were pretty accurate imo, game is about 8/10.

Xyro77

I seriously only found blue waffles like that photo when I turned safe search off.

Seriously. If you don't believe me, try it for yourself.
The fact you guys literally are posting/saying you found a blue waffle is proof you missed the point of the whole thing.

Just finished world 1 of Star Sticker.

It's okay so far. Battle system is pretty simplistic compared to the first two games. The humor is still very good. There really isn't any plot development.

Overall, the scores were pretty accurate imo, game is about 8/10.

There is literally 2 parts to the story. The beginning scenes and the final scenes. Thats the deepest it goes. No partners. Its a MARIO game that is PAPER. auto 5/10 or lower. If it aint Mario Sunshine 2 or Mario 3: Part 2......it SUCKS

TBH i have zero interest in 3ds right now. nothing seems good except fire emblem but then again you cant freakin use a sword more than 30 times or it breaks so LOL i prob wont get that **** either.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I never played Super Mario Sunshine, so I can't say anything. You should try TTYD. It's one of the better RPGs the Gamecube had...which isn't saying much, I know.

As for Fire Emblem, it's just Advanced Wars with RPG elements, unique characters, and weapons instead of guns. You can think of durability as ammo and way to prevent spam of powerul weapons early in the game.

Xyro77

Elmo accused of sexual relationship with a 16-year-old boy

Kevin Clash -- the man known as the voice of Elmo -- has taken a leave of absence from Sesame Street in the wake of allegations he had a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old boy, TMZ has learned ... allegations Clash adamantly denies.

We've learned ... Sesame Workshop lawyers recently met with a 23-year-old man who claims he and Clash began a sexual relationship 7 years ago ... when he was 16 and Clash was 45.

Clash has acknowledged to TMZ he had a relationship with the young man -- but insists it only took place AFTER the accuser was an adult.

Sesame Workshop honchos tell TMZ ... "In June of this year, Sesame Workshop received a communication from a young man who alleged that he had a relationship with Kevin Clash beginning when he was 16-years-old. This was a personal relationship, unrelated to the workplace. We took the allegation very seriously and took immediate action."

Sesame Workshop officials acknowledge to TMZ they met with the accuser twice and had a number of other communications with him.

Sources with direct knowledge of the situation tell TMZ ... after the accuser's initial meeting with Sesame Street, the accuser felt Sesame Workshop's lawyers were trying to muzzle him ... so he lawyered up with Andreozzi and Associates -- the firm that represented one of the victims in the Jerry Sandusky child **** case.

On August 15, 2012 ... Andreozzi fired off a letter to Sesame, accusing the company of trying to "discredit the victim in order to protect its employee and the image of one of its most valuable characters," adding, "This approach places a greater value on a puppet than the well being of a young man."

Sesame Workshop officials tell TMZ ... they conducted a thorough investigation and determined the allegation of underage sex was unsubstantiated. They say they never tried to silence the accuser -- rather they asked for evidence supporting his claim, but he never produced it.

Officials also tell us they're suspicious because the accuser has an email which TMZ obtained -- purportedly sent to him by Clash, acknowledging they had the affair when he was 16. The officials say the accuser never mentioned such an email existed and they believe it's fraudulent.

But there were other emails between Clash and the accuser, and although they don't suggest there was underage sex, officials tell us they disciplined him for inappropriate use of company email.

Sesame Workshop honchos tell TMZ ... "Kevin insists that these allegations are false and defamatory and he has taken actions to protect his reputation. We have granted him a leave of absence to do so."

It is unclear why Clash wanted a leave of absence, since he denies the allegations of underage sex.

As for Clash, the voice actor tells TMZ, "I had a relationship with [the accuser]. It was between two consenting adults and I am deeply saddened that he is trying to make it into something it was not." Clash calls the accusations false and defamatory.

Finally Sesame Workshop officials tell TMZ the puppet is alive and well: "Elmo is bigger than any one person and will continue to be an integral part of Sesame Street to engage, educate and inspire children around the world."

http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/12/elmo-kevin-clash-sex-sesame-street-underage-boy-allegations/

Romney was right to wanna close down sesame street!!!

Xyro77

I never played Super Mario Sunshine, so I can't say anything. You should try TTYD. It's one of the better RPGs the Gamecube had...which isn't saying much, I know.

As for Fire Emblem, it's just Advanced Wars with RPG elements, unique characters, and weapons instead of guns. You can think of durability as ammo and way to prevent spam of powerul weapons early in the game.

One major difference.

Its BEYOND rare to have a unit in AW run out of ammo or fuel. They usually die before that even gets close to happening. Plus you can just remake them and keep pushing forward.

FE is not even close to that^ and if it was i would def consider getting it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Your units can carry five weapons and items (this was even changed in Path of Radiance and Rafiant Dawn). And you can check the map before you start the battle to see what enemy units are present so you can prepare your units.

Some maps have stores, and you can usually pull items from storage during your turn.

And it is nearly impossible to run out of money to buy weapons unless you're ******** with your money.

You're dismissing a game on one tiny aspect that really isn't a problem. Don't be that guy.

Besides, if you like character development, the series is pretty good with that stuff.

heytallman

CTALL
You're just scared of having one of your units die in FE and you'll have to restart the level. Realy, weapons breaking isn't that big of a deal. Enemies drop weapons, you usually get lods of emone, and you get plenty of options to buy more swords. Honestly, by the end I usually have more silver swords than I know what to do with.

You know Advance Wars and FE are made by the same developer, right?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I could see Xyro losing a lot of his units.

Xyro77

Your units can carry five weapons and items (this was even changed in Path of Radiance and Rafiant Dawn). And you can check the map before you start the battle to see what enemy units are present so you can prepare your units.

Some maps have stores, and you can usually pull items from storage during your turn.

And it is nearly impossible to run out of money to buy weapons unless you're ******** with your money.

You're dismissing a game on one tiny aspect that really isn't a problem. Don't be that guy.

Besides, if you like character development, the series is pretty good with that stuff.

You're just scared of having one of your units die in FE and you'll have to restart the level. Realy, weapons breaking isn't that big of a deal. Enemies drop weapons, you usually get lods of emone, and you get plenty of options to buy more swords. Honestly, by the end I usually have more silver swords than I know what to do with.

You know Advance Wars and FE are made by the same developer, right?
I could see Xyro losing a lot of his units.

Ive played the original FE (on cpu, not NES) and then the one for the GBA (the one with lyn). MANY MANY times in the GBA game i BARELY make it to a boss or w/e and several bull **** stuff happens

1. all my units are under leveled/do low damage
2. all the units i am using for the boss are already low on health
3. half their weapon usage is gone
4. bosses get crits all day
5. 2-3 units die before i take him out.

By like the 7th stage or something i have a total of like 4-5 units left and that means i pretty much have to restart the damn game. If i could make units it would be much better.

Never in the HARDEST of advance war games(AW1 is the hardest imo) did i ever reach that type of frustration and anger. Im not saying its impossible to beat/get good at this game, its just you cant play it the way you WANT. In AW u can, if u wanna spam bombers or neo tanks all day u CAN. If you wanna over run the foe with nothing but Sammi's mechs then boom do it.

Story doesnt really matter to me cause im pretty sure the DLC wrecks w/e story it had. Without spoiling the game im pretty sure you can download roy/marth and other characters who are not even born yet or have died long ago but yet they get to be played and talk with characters in the current time/events.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
FE games are supposed to be hard, you're supposed to get ***** if you don't think about what you are doing. And you don't have to use every unit.

You do know they didn't bring the game over to the US originally because they thought it was too hard for us dumb Americans. You're kind of proving this point. ;)

As for the DLC characters in the new one, you don't have to use them. They come from standalone missions, basically satisfying the fanfic community. They have no dialogue in the main story.

Xyro77

I'm not saying I won't get it because its "too hard" I'm saying I'm not getting it because its stupid how it plays out.

So yet again, you incorrectly assume something.

Edit: so you are saying I can use my 3-4 fav units the whole game and I can still beat the game?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You're hating how it plays out because you're playing incorrectly. You can blame the game if you want, but you'll look silly. Remember, STRATEGY RPG.

By the time you get to the last few chapters, you're supposed to have a set of characters of different classes you focused on. Now, if you choose nothing but Thieves and Clerics, you're ********.

heytallman

CTALL
I wouldn't say 3-4, but your favorite full chapter's worth (like 10). Typically you should know which units will end up good (horsemen, myrmidons, peg knights) and just be smart about stuff. Don't leave your healers near strong units, don't leave your fliers near archers, upgrade units at level 20, etc. Honestly the only real bs I've encountered was the fight vs the black knight in path of radiance, and even that wss optional.

Xyro77

You're hating how it plays out because you're playing incorrectly. You can blame the game if you want, but you'll look silly. Remember, STRATEGY RPG.

By the time you get to the last few chapters, you're supposed to have a set of characters of different classes you focused on. Now, if you choose nothing but Thieves and Clerics, you're ********.

I wouldn't say 3-4, but your favorite full chapter's worth (like 10). Typically you should know which units will end up good (horsemen, myrmidons, peg knights) and just be smart about stuff. Don't leave your healers near strong units, don't leave your fliers near archers, upgrade units at level 20, etc. Honestly the only real bs I've encountered was the fight vs the black knight in path of radiance, and even that wss optional.

ah ok so you are saying i cant do what i WANT in this game. I have to find the best **** and use it cause i cant beat the game any other way.

def not buying now. thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom