• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Your event and your results are no different than any other mk legal events and thus will be lost in time. Mine however MADE history and will be remembered for a many eons (literally children will read about this **** in college and go "OMFG xyro was a Saint.") Also, why are you impressed WABA barely broke 100? Ive done that **** with MONTHLIES multiple times. Nothing you have done or will do will ever be more than a pile of ****. Take yo WABA and go slap yo MAMA.

edit: next time you jump into a convo, please read the posts before and after it. I wasn't insulting your event at that point (i am now though). i was talking about here in tx no one cared about it cept 4-5 people cause our scene died after i left.
idk wtf you're talking about because your top 10 results and our top 10 results were fairly similar. And ya you were insulting our event in the first post.

If your local tournaments are breaking 100 and your national tournaments aren't then there's definitely something wrong going on there.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
idk wtf you're talking about because your top 10 results and our top 10 results were fairly similar.

WABA said:
1. [FBC] Esam ($760) :pikachu2: :popo:
2. Ally ($380) :snake: :metaknight:
3. Denti ($152) :olimar:
4. Seibrik($76) :metaknight: :dedede:
5. Nick Riddle ($45) :zerosuitsamus:
5. Pwii ($45) :metaknight:
7. BigLou ($30) :diddy: :metaknight:
7. Shaky ($30) :ness2:

WHOBO 4 said:
1: Esam==:pikachu2:/:popo:
2: Ally==:snake:/:popo:/:wario:/:marth:/:olimar:
3: Gnes==:diddy:/:toonlink:
4: Atomsk==:dedede:/:wario:
5: Ryo==:ike:
5: Will==:dk2:
7: Shaky==:ness2:
7: NickRiddle==:zerosuitsamus:

LOL no they are not the same. not even close.

And ya you were insulting our event in the first post.
No. I TOLD you exactly how it was meant to be taken but you CHOSE to take it negative. That is your fault.

If your local tournaments are breaking 100 and your national tournaments aren't then there's definitely something wrong going on there.
I would take that as an insult but you literally have no idea how dead tx was around WHOBO 4 time. I literally did almost zero advertising, i had no apex attached to my name, i also banned mks (hurts attendance). Considering all of that, i still hit 90+. Thats borderline savant status, little man.

As i said before, books will be written about me and my skills. Church songs will fill the air about my deeds. While you...... LMAO yea you and your events are just a spark in the flame. Here one moment, making no impact, and gone the next. Never to be thought of again.

Gnes

Smash Master
Thats cool Allan. What days are you free?

Gea, my one true love, I'm free to do whatever whenever(Actually only on thursday/friday/sat/sun lol). I just got my cars oil leak fixed so were good to go. I wanna learn KOF ^_^. Team making in that game is so much different than in umvc3.

Denti got 3rd at Waba, I got 3rd at Whobo. Texas with that solid top 3 placement. Da bes.

Gea

Smash Master
I am almost always free. I've been slacking with KoF cuz no one to really learn with. Join me, and let us start a reign of terror. Also I am finally ready to ascend from the smelly depths of upper mid tier and fully embrace the gay.

Player-1

Smash Legend
4 people in both our results were the same, both events had the same people getting 1st and 2nd, seems pretty similar to me

"but literally no one cared and or knew WABA was going on", seems pretty insulting to me

no advertising? Didn't you have T shirts and gym bags with whobo 4 logos on it with posters too? A lot less advertised than WABA. Also, if banning MK makes attendance worse then I'm not really sure where your deluded idea of how bad MK is for the community comes from when MK legal tournaments seem to be getting more attendance which is exactly what we need in this community right now

Xyro77

4 people in both our results were the same, both events had the same people getting 1st and 2nd, seems pretty similar to me
Look at the CHARACTERS. that all that matters dude. Your results is pretty much NORMAL for a mk legal event.

"but literally no one cared and or knew WABA was going on", seems pretty insulting to me
EXACTLY. to YOU. you CHOSE to take it that way even after i explained my wording.

no advertising? Didn't you have T shirts and gym bags with whobo 4 logos on it with posters too? A lot less advertised than WABA.
i didnt make any of those bags/shirts. those were either given away to the winners or one could BUY them. i guarantee you the numbers/sales for those are either extremely low(less than 10) or non existent. But yes i did have one big poster. LOL thats why i said i did almost zero advertising.

Also, if banning MK makes attendance worse then I'm not really sure where your deluded idea of how bad MK is for the community comes from when MK legal tournaments seem to be getting more attendance which is exactly what we need in this community right now.
Im not talking about THE community. That **** is a lost cause. I was talking about MY community. other than that, i have no idea what you are trying to say/assume.

Gnes

Smash Master
I am almost always free. I've been slacking with KoF cuz no one to really learn with. Join me, and let us start a reign of terror. Also I am finally ready to ascend from the smelly depths of upper mid tier and fully embrace the gay.
Awesome and thank god. Lucky for me I'm usually attracted to good characters.

And yeah RT, he maxed out on speed pretty easily if i remember right, among other stuff.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Look at the CHARACTERS. that all that matters dude. Your results is pretty much NORMAL for a mk legal event.

EXACTLY. to YOU. you CHOSE to take it that way even after i explained my wording.

i didnt make any of those bags/shirts. those were either given away to the winners or one could BUY them. i guarantee you the numbers/sales for those are either extremely low(less than 10) or non existent. But yes i did have one big poster. LOL thats why i said i did almost zero advertising.

Im not talking about THE community. That **** is a lost cause. I was talking about MY community. other than that, i have no idea what you are trying to say/assume.
9 different chars in the top 8 isn't too typical for an mk legal tournament, that's a pretty diverse list of characters, and even a ness too.

what? you shouldn't have to explain what your words meant if you're not saying what you're meaning then you should think twice before you post what you're going to say. "no one cares about waba" doesn't have many meanings except for like...you know...no one cares about waba.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
KoF? Needs more KoF: Terry Bogard edition

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Gnes, you should've seen Denti in loser's bracket.
I've never seen Seibrik get ravaged so viciously.

Nick got dunked pretty hard too.
:applejack:

Xyro77

9 different chars in the top 8 isn't too typical for an mk legal tournament, that's a pretty diverse list of characters, and even a ness too.
you had like 3-4 mks in the top 8 dude. as i said, its common uninspiring boring results. it is what it is.

what? you shouldn't have to explain what your words meant if you're not saying what you're meaning then you should think twice before you post what you're going to say. "no one cares about waba" doesn't have many meanings except for like...you know...no one cares about waba.

this is a video game website. i can post w/e i want when i want and how i want with as much thought i want to give it too. its up to the reader to choose how he/she takes it. you took it wrong. i then explained it. u still took it wrong. that is all on you.

Im telling you how it is so either accept it or dont. No matter what, i dont care and wont lose sleep over any of this.

Gnes

Smash Master
Lmao that gif is hilarious.

And actually I did see Espy. Razer was watching stream while we playing Cod and he linked me. Gave nick and seibrik that gay pp. Should have won game 1 against mr. elliott but f-ed up and got gimped early. No second chances.

Player-1

Smash Legend
you had like 3-4 mks in the top 8 dude. as i said, its common uninspiring boring results. it is what it is.

this is a video game website. i can post w/e i want when i want and how i want with as much thought i want to give it too. its up to the reader to choose how he/she takes it. you took it wrong. i then explained it. u still took it wrong. that is all on you.

Im telling you how it is so either accept it or dont. No matter what, i dont care and wont lose sleep over any of this.

I've seen a lot of tournaments have like 5-7 mks in their top 8, 3-4 seems to be a lot better for the best char in the game especially when only 1/3 in the top 3 used mk, and not even full mk at that.

and right so when I say 2+2=5 it's okay because you only interpret it as 5 when I meant it was 4.

Xyro77

I've seen a lot of tournaments have like 5-7 mks in their top 8, 3-4 seems to be a lot better for the best char in the game especially when only 1/3 in the top 3 used mk, and not even full mk at that.
5-7 mk in top 8 is extreme. 3-4 is typical. yea its a lot better but its still typical.

and right so when I say 2+2=5 it's okay because you only interpret it as 5 when I meant it was 4.
Yes. only because 19+4=268

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yes. only because 19+4=261
WELL ACTUALLY,

If you were in base blah blah blah for the first two numbers and base shopp doop bop boop for the third number, then this would be snick snack bit bat I ate a mat.

Xyro77

You don't have to be. U choose to be. Typical new gen mainstream "gamer."

I'm sitting at the movies waiting for SkyFall to start. I hope it's better than Quantum of Solace.

Trela

Smash Lord
I gotta do it for my little brother.......They're making me.......

FUN

Speaking of movies, I still need to go see Wreck-It Ralph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom