• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Just got finished watching DareDevil with Trela. After seeing it this third time, I can say its not the worst marvel movie like i used to think. I think ghost rider or captain America may be the worst ones.

Tomorrow we will watch Electra and I've heard it tops the comic book cake of horrible marvel movies.

:phone:

BioDG

Smash Ace
I thought Captain America was great, imo. Ghost Rider was terrible for sure, tho.

Xyro77

Nic didn't save ghost ride just like Anthony Hopkins(a TRUE legendary actor) didn't save Thor.

The fantastic 4 wasn't too bad IMO.

Gnes

Smash Master
Just got finished watching DareDevil with Trela. After seeing it this third time, I can say its not the worst marvel movie like i used to think. I think ghost rider or captain America may be the worst ones.

Tomorrow we will watch Electra and I've heard it tops the comic book cake of horrible marvel movies.

Elecktra is by far the worst...then Ghost Rider.. I definitely put Captain America over the Fantastic 4's and some other ones, but I know you judge on different criteria than most people :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I thought Elektra was a good movie...

Jk, I contracted dysentery after watching it.

Xyro77

Elecktra is by far the worst...then Ghost Rider.. I definitely put Captain America over the Fantastic 4's and some other ones, but I know you judge on different criteria than most people :)
Im checkin out Elecktra tonight and im pretty sure it might be the worst one.

like i said earlier, ghost rider and cap were the worst imo. i thought cap was the worse than Fantastic 4 because of all the marvel character movies thus far, cap is prob one of the most boring. Yea hes our american hero and yea hes our world war 2 hero but holy **** they pick a literal NOBODY to play as Cap(chris evans? WHO?). Cap's powers are very very basic....super strength/speed/stamina....thats it and its pretty damn boring for someone as iconic as Cap. None of the fight scenes were very creative(its a comic book movie, stfu and do awesome ****) and slightly typical of any action movie. Though the bad guy is red skull(a nod to hitler/spread of communisim) they freakin got AGENT SMITH/ELROND to play him with a TERRIBLE accent. The only things i liked about it was the tie in of Tony Stark's dad, the shield is pretty much unbreakable and the tesseract.

let me pirate F4 and re-watch it cause i just saw the final fight scene for Fantastic Four 1 and it was worse than i remember. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCF5nOvM01A

as for ghost rider, i dont really need to go into detail. from A-Z it was a bag of dog ****.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
xyro thats his normal accent.

just saying

dont wanna get into why IMO worst superhero film was FF2 but pretty much ruined a huge arch and something special

btw chris who? Chris had some good roles in films and was one of the reasons I did not hate FF1 him and michael chiklis ( the thing and the only person who should play him IMO ).

Chris Evans made me believe he can act...up until that point he played douchey guys...argh...not getting into it but you are wrong and best superhero film was Superman 1979

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
And with that, all hope is lost for him...

But seriously, why would he play it...?

heytallman

CTALL
If you've never seen the movie Black Dynamite, please go watch it. It's VERY funny and now has a show on Adult Swim.

Warning: The movie has a lot of bad language and nudity, so if you are offended by such things, be wary.

Xyro77

xyro thats his normal accent.
ummm no. Hugo Weaving aka Agent Smith is BRITISH or Australian http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QonBrg17p-M not german or w/e horrible accent he used in cap

dont wanna get into why IMO worst superhero film was FF2 but pretty much ruined a huge arch and something special
I dont really care about archs and stuff because comics have gone so far out of line now id rather them be lightly based off of a comic.

FF2 was def better than FF1 imo.

btw chris who? Chris had some good roles in films and was one of the reasons I did not hate FF1 him and michael chiklis ( the thing and the only person who should play him IMO ).
just looked at his filmography. other than cap and FF hes been in **** movies or no-name movies. just like i thought, hes a nobody.

Chris Evans made me believe he can act...up until that point he played douchey guys...argh...
alrighty.

not getting into it but you are wrong and best superhero film was Superman 1979
Nope. TDK and Avengers are prob my fav super hero movies.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I liked how Captain America put more focus on the person behind the hero than the other ones did. Cap was the only person I actually cared about while seeing the movie between all recent 6 movies since Cap's movie fleshed him out well. And...the action was good enough for me...tho the movie was as much about Cap's inner strength anyways. It wasn't perfect but I did like that movie more than a good share of the others.

Ghost Rider is the biggest abomination I can remember. I remember Daredevil and both FFs being disappointing (but don't remember how bad they were)....and the Hulk that came out before Norton Hulk was sort of bad too. I dunno where they rank in terms of failure but for now I'll give the crown to Ghost Rider.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
If you've never seen the movie Black Dynamite, please go watch it. It's VERY funny and now has a show on Adult Swim.

Warning: The movie has a lot of bad language and nudity, so if you are offended by such things, be wary.
It's good. Not SUPER funny to me like you say it is.
Watched it like a year ago.

Sorta overrated, in my opinion. I think the cartoon show is going to be too vulgar and likely ruin itself. We've already had a Boondocks, don't need another one.

Xyro77

I liked how Captain America put more focus on the person behind the hero than the other ones did. Cap was the only person I actually cared about while seeing the movie between all recent 6 movies since Cap's movie fleshed him out well. And...the action was good enough for me...tho the movie was as much about Cap's inner strength anyways. It wasn't perfect but I did like that movie more than a good share of the others.

Ghost Rider is the biggest abomination I can remember. I remember Daredevil and both FFs being disappointing (but don't remember how bad they were)....and the Hulk that came out before Norton Hulk was sort of bad too. I dunno where they rank in terms of failure but for now I'll give the crown to Ghost Rider.

yea hulk 2003 was bad.

Blade

X-Men

Blade II
Spider-Man

Daredevil
X2
Hulk

The Punisher
Spider-Man 2
Blade: Trinity

Elektra
Fantastic Four

X-Men: The Last Stand

Ghost Rider
Spider-Man 3
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Punisher: War Zone

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Iron Man 2

Thor
X-Men: First Class
Captain America: The First Avenger

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
The Avengers
The Amazing Spider-Man
Im starting at 1998 cause the marvel movies before that were really really bad.

My top 5 fav marvel movies

1. Avengers
2. SpiderMan 2
3. IronMan 1
4. Punisher
5. X-Men 2

My worst 5 marvel movies

1. Elektra (gonna see it in 1 hour but i assume its as bad as everyone says)
2. Ghost Rider
3. Fantastic Four 1
4. Captain America
5. Hulk

off topic but 2008 and 2012 have been the best years for comic book movies. 2008 had the movies listed above AND tdk. 2012 had the movies about AND tdkr.

heytallman

CTALL
It's good. Not SUPER funny to me like you say it is.
Watched it like a year ago.

Sorta overrated, in my opinion. I think the cartoon show is going to be too vulgar and likely ruin itself. We've already had a Boondocks, don't need another one.
I only saw the first episode of the cartoon. It was...not that great. It was half-decent, but nothing special. I agree, it doesn't really need a cartoon. The movie is plenty good.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Dang Punisher was that good? I should give that a watch...

Yeah 2008 was Marvel's milestone and 2012 is looking good so far. Are there any other superhero movies coming out this year?

2013 seems to have plenty of superhero movies but I dunno if it's a strong list overall. Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Man of Steel, Fantastic Four reboot (lolololol), Daredevil reboot (lolololol) and The Wolverine (wat). IM3 sounds like the most promising (personally excited about Superman cuz of Nolan...but Superman is hard to pull off) and the others seem hit or miss.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The Punisher was okay.

In terms of action, it had some good scenes.

But as a whole, it was eh.

It got lots of negative reviews, so take that as you will...

Xyro77

Dang Punisher was that good? I should give that a watch...

Yeah 2008 was Marvel's milestone and 2012 is looking good so far. Are there any other superhero movies coming out this year?

2013 seems to have plenty of superhero movies but I dunno if it's a strong list overall. Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Man of Steel, Fantastic Four reboot (lolololol), Daredevil reboot (lolololol) and The Wolverine (wat). IM3 sounds like the most promising (personally excited about Superman cuz of Nolan...but Superman is hard to pull off) and the others seem hit or miss.
The Punisher was really good imo for multiple reasons.

Main character is Thomas Jane. He was in "Deep Blue Sea" "The Mist" and he looks like Tom Hardy aka Bane. Final bad guy is John Travolta. The 2nd to last bad guy is a Kevin nash( a real life "pro" wrestler). Main supporting actor is Rebecca Romijn aka MYSTIQUE from X-Men 1/2/3.

If you enjoy this fight scene, you will love the movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuqbIfOMxgc

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I stand by my offer, you CoD fiend.

Denti

Smash Master
TOURNAMENTS!!!!!

REVOLUTION 12 IS THIS UP COMING SEPTEMBER 1ST!!! It is to be held with Sethlon's and UTD Zac's Project M tournament. Singles and doubles for both games. Also DAKPO is CONFIRMED for this event!!! BIO NEEDS TO MAKE THIS AND PROVE HIS TITLE AS BEST ZSS IN TX!!

NOW IF YOU CAN'T MAKE THAT DATE...

Revolution 13 will be September 22nd held at Emily's Melee and UMVC3 tournament! I will also be holding a Smash 64 side event. SO THAT MEANS Brawl, Melee, Smash 64 and Marvel! Get some hypeeee!!!!

Multiple game tournaments are for cool people, and you got what it takes!! Come be a cool kid! ...lol.

Xyro77

I hate to admit this but you guys were right. Ghost Rider is NOT the worst Marvel movie of all time. Behold, i give you.........

[collapse=only open if you aint a wimp]
[/collapse]

How in the hell did this ever make it on to the big screen? Did marvel even watch this movie before it was released? This visual vomit should have been one of those straight-to-dvd kind of things.

For those of you that didnt watch it. Elektrash takes place like 3 years after the events of DareDevil in which Elektra got DECIMATED and literally died in DareDevils arms. in the movie Elektra, she magically gets revived by a old BLIND MAN who puts his hand on her tummy and head. THIS is the beginning of the LEGEND of Elektra. Long story short, Elektra is a trained assassin who decided to not kill her last target(some 13 year old girl+that girl's daddy) and instead turn and go good. Problem is, Shang Tsung(yes the dude from the Mortal Kombat movie) who is named MASTER ROSHI(aka DBZ) in the movie doesnt like that so he sends his son and their 4 best assassins to kill Elektra+13 yo girl+13 yo girl daddy. Elektra slowly picks them off one by one and defeats the final boss (shang tsung's son).

The first of the 4 best assassins is a big black dude with a big *** axe. This guy literally takes a shotgun blast to the tummy and it doesnt even scratch him. He then takes a razer sharp blade to the BACK and the blade breaks on his skin. So how does he died? How does elektra kill him? IM GLAD YOU ****ING ASKED!!!! A tree kills him. The very tree HE cut down falls on him and turns him into green gas. GREEN MOTHER ****ING FART GAS. For your sake as well as mine, ill stop here. Just know that no matter what marvel does in the next 100 years, it will not be as bad as Elektrash.

BioDG

Smash Ace
LoloL worse than Ghost Rider...mind blown.

Side note: Xyro might as well pick PR gifs for everyone. I wanna get this going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom