• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Secret scene isn't really a secret, just letting you know that there is gonna be another Amazing Spiderman movie (obv) and the villian seems to be
green goblin

Maybe they can release an Ultimate Spiderman for the hell of it just so we can see Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker lol

KRDsonic

Smash Master
BAD NEWS

It turns out my mom was a rare case where, despite the doctors saying that everyone who develops a rash on this chemo has had it work, it didn't. This chemo failed too. There is no other chemo they can use. They can see if there are any experimental drugs they can try, but the chances of that working are very low. They told her she has only 3-6 months left to live. The tumors have now spread to the inside of her lungs and to her spleen.

I'm so scared. And I don't want to be alone. We're going to have to plan living arangements for me and see if our land lady will let me stay in this house alone, and see if maybe one of my family members can stay with me so I'm not alone. I'm quitting college for a while and I'm going to try to get a job so I can support myself since I have no family members other than my mom who have enough financial stability to support me or help with supporting me.

But I'm mainly scared of what will happen when my mom's gone. She's been here for me always and she's the only person I've ever lived with. There's no one else in this world that I'm anywhere near as close to or who has shared the same memories with me growing up. I'm so scared.

Edit: My mom is also going on disability again. She won't go back to work. She's going to stay here for about a month to teach me things like how to pay the bills, helping with getting rid of stuff here that we don't need, etc. and then she'll go to Willis to stay with her mom for the remaining months while I'll stay here.

:059:

Dojo

Smash Champion
I can't imagine what you're going through man. My heart goes out to you and your mom. No matter what happens, do your best to keep your head up.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Secret scene isn't really a secret, just letting you know that there is gonna be another Amazing Spiderman movie (obv) and the villian seems to be
green goblin

Maybe they can release an Ultimate Spiderman for the hell of it just so we can see Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker lol
Did you see the movie? Did you like it?

The Stan Lee scene was prob my fav. His scenes have gotten better over the years.

:phone:

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
First let me say best wishes to KRD, can only hope for the best.

@Xyro- No, I literally got called into work 30 min before midnight last night lol I just looked up the scene. Ill probably go watch it thursday when im off again.

BioDG

Smash Ace
=(

I'm sorry to hear that, KRD. Words can't describe how sad I feel about this. I will be praying for you and your family for these coming months. Stay strong in however you know best, man. We're here for you.

Gnes

Smash Master
I'm confirmed for Fort Worth. Also, I'm leaving with Razer and company.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

I'm banning Metaknight at all my future tournaments.
.............Well that was random. Ur really singling out the like maybe 5 true mk mains we have in this state. And none of them get even close to doing much of anything.

-dead-

-redead-
I mean it really hurts the people in Houston who are trying to go out of state and do well. Local mks might be disadvantaged, but its just the ban cycle all over again. Dallas will do there own thing like usual, San Antonio's practically dead, and other places in texas are really inactive. I'm sorry for your loss my cod brother in arms. In other news watch newest Bar battles. It was hilarious listening to marlin rant about virgil.

Thank you dojo

Without you we would be nothing

:phone:
Truer words have never been said

BAD NEWS

It turns out my mom was a rare case where, despite the doctors saying that everyone who develops a rash on this chemo has had it work, it didn't. This chemo failed too. There is no other chemo they can use. They can see if there are any experimental drugs they can try, but the chances of that working are very low. They told her she has only 3-6 months left to live. The tumors have now spread to the inside of her lungs and to her spleen.

I'm so scared. And I don't want to be alone. We're going to have to plan living arangements for me and see if our land lady will let me stay in this house alone, and see if maybe one of my family members can stay with me so I'm not alone. I'm quitting college for a while and I'm going to try to get a job so I can support myself since I have no family members other than my mom who have enough financial stability to support me or help with supporting me.

But I'm mainly scared of what will happen when my mom's gone. She's been here for me always and she's the only person I've ever lived with. There's no one else in this world that I'm anywhere near as close to or who has shared the same memories with me growing up. I'm so scared.

Edit: My mom is also going on disability again. She won't go back to work. She's going to stay here for about a month to teach me things like how to pay the bills, helping with getting rid of stuff here that we don't need, etc. and then she'll go to Willis to stay with her mom for the remaining months while I'll stay here.

:059:
Im sorry Krd. I wish you and your family the best and know that you'll be in me and my family's prayers.

Asa

Smash Hero
hey everyone my name is asa and I am in need of housing july 17th till whobo (i'm going to sktar and i don't really wanna go back to hawaii). I wouldn't need to stay in one place forever, but a day or two would be much appreciated! I'm not unpleasant to be around and I can cook for you!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Asa is a really cool dude, if anyone could house him it would be awesome.
Sadly, I can't :[

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Any of you guys live close to any of the megabus stops? I want to catch a ride to Houston soon just to hang out for like a weekend or something. No brawl plz

BioDG

Smash Ace
HOBO is dead. Ascension (get it?) is the new series.

Saw Amazing Spiderman. Very good movie that I think keeps Marvel's film quality going nicely. Completely eclipses the old series. Amazing Spiderman >>>>>>> Sony Spiderman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom