• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
HOBO is done for multiple reasons.

Results never change.
Sick of running events.
Sick of late people.
Sick of people not telling me they went out to eat.
Sick of people not bringing set-ups.
Sick of drugs/drinking.
Sick of the same old thing(tournament process/stupid jokes and memes/boring MUs).
Sick of people *****ing.
Sick of CERTAIN people.
Sick of the horrible game called BRAWL.

I've been running events since 2004. I'm just sick and tired of dealing with all this crap. It got old and I'm done.

:phone:

Xyro77

Saw Amazing Spiderman. Very good movie that I think keeps Marvel's film quality going nicely. Completely eclipses the old series. Amazing Spiderman >>>>>>> Sony Spiderman.

You really liked it? I highly dislike the new Peter Parker so much.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Maybe not SUPER good (villian wasn't that great, kind of moody most of the time, etc)...but it was solid and seems to more promising than the old series, IMO. I don't remember Spidey 2 that much, so that one may be an exception.

This Peter appears more accurate to his original comics form and was fleshed out better. I can see why he could be unlikeable (nerdy and stuff), but I can at least say I'd rather watch this version of him than the previous one.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Spider Man 2 was the absolute PERFECT super hero movie.
It set the bar for the rest to follow. Dark Knight is the only one to pass it up, in my opinion.

CY

Smash Ace
spider man 2 was ****ing trash

only nerds like super hero movies, like xyro. guy foams at the mouth when a new comic movie is released.

i watched the midnight release of dark knight cuz I was with a bad ***** who wanted to see it. otherwise I wouldn't waste my time on kiddie ****. **** YOU ***S

Xyro77

Maybe not SUPER good (villian wasn't that great, kind of moody most of the time, etc)...but it was solid and seems to more promising than the old series, IMO. I don't remember Spidey 2 that much, so that one may be an exception.

This Peter appears more accurate to his original comics form and was fleshed out better. I can see why he could be unlikeable (nerdy and stuff), but I can at least say I'd rather watch this version of him than the previous one.
When u get a chance, definitly watch sipderman2. It is really really. The fights are so "smart." when I say smart I mean like the developers really used Doc Oc's arms and spidey's smarts in super creative ways. For example, watch this fight scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyiLFpDeMQ8

I'm not saying spiderman 4 sucks its just that if you have a totally unrealistic bad guy have a totally unrealistic goal and have pretty much unknown actors play the two main roles. It hurts the movie imo.

Xyro77

spider man 2 was ****ing trash

only nerds like super hero movies, like xyro. guy foams at the mouth when a new comic movie is released.

i watched the midnight release of dark knight cuz I was with a bad ***** who wanted to see it. otherwise I wouldn't waste my time on kiddie ****. **** YOU ***S
I guarantee I've seen more "real" movies than you including city of god. Anyways, hell yea I run out with my mouth foaming/Wang hanging out to any comic book movie. Party cause it's pure escape-ism and party because those movies are very creative when it comes to fight scenes. I enjoy that stuff. Not saying they are better than movies like Leon: The professional, Pulp Fiction, A Few Good Men, Reservoir Dogs or Good, Bad and the Ugly but they are still cool IMO.

You already have **** taste in music/games so it doesn't surprise me you disagree with my movie taste. I guess living in the armpit of Texas does that to you.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Yeah, that train scene was awesome. It's the one thing I remembered from Spidey 2 ("*thinks back*...I remember cool stuff happened on a train"), though I do remember liking the movie.

I thought the lead actors were fine (Emma Stone is "known")...but yeah, the bad guy was meh. I'm curious to see how well its own number 2 will do.

CY

Smash Ace
I guarantee I've seen more "real" movies than you including city of god. Anyways, hell yea I run out with my mouth foaming/Wang hanging out to any comic book movie. Party cause it's pure escape-ism and party because those movies are very creative when it comes to fight scenes. I enjoy that stuff. Not saying they are better than movies like Leon: The professional, Pulp Fiction, A Few Good Men, Reservoir Dogs or Good, Bad and the Ugly but they are still cool IMO.

You already have **** taste in music/games so it doesn't surprise me you disagree with my movie taste. I guess living in the armpit of Texas does that to you.

your movie taste consists of one genre. from what I've seen you don't even like music, and you're just a huge Nintendo fanboy, aka a nerdlord. my music taste is so metagame your simple mind couldn't even handle it.

you and RT = biggest nerdlords on this planet.

and you want some pure escape-ism? have you heard of drugs and alcohol? they work wonders. LETZ GO BABY BOY!

Xyro77

your movie taste consists of one genre. from what I've seen you don't even like music, and you're just a huge Nintendo fanboy, aka a nerdlord. my music taste is so metagame your simple mind couldn't even handle it.

you are RT = biggest nerdlords on this planet.

and you want some pure escape-ism? have you heard of drugs and alcohol? they work wonders. LETZ GO BABY BOY!
I literally named multiple movies that span over multiple genres yet u still think I like one genre. Learn to read.

Also, movie escapism is much diff than drugs and drinking. Clearly you don't know the difference.

Anyways, bio yea Emma stone is know and so were the actors of uncle Ben/aunt may/police chief. But spiderman/bad guy are literally unknowns. Again, not a bad movie but not OMFG amazing IMO. I hope it's like the original spiderman series to where the first movie is "eh" but 2nd gets much better. We will see.

CY

Smash Ace
I literally named multiple movies that span over multiple genres yet u still think I like one genre. Learn to read.

Also, movie escapism is much diff than drugs and drinking. Clearly you don't know the difference.

Anyways, bio yea Emma stone is know and so were the actors of uncle Ben/aunt may/police chief. But spiderman/bad guy are literally unknowns. Again, not a bad movie but not OMFG amazing IMO. I hope it's like the original spiderman series to where the first movie is "eh" but 2nd gets much better. We will see.

u also think books are better than movies, u r bad. and you admitted to never trying alcohol/drugs once so you don't know the difference. don't knock it before you try it!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

I pretty much agree with all of this.

Xyro77

u also think books are better than movies, u r bad. and you admitted to never trying alcohol/drugs once so you don't know the difference. don't knock it before you try it!
umm i think movies are better than books. if u are gonna quote me, get it right.

also, ive smelled beer as well as weed and cigars. its disgusting. i dont need to try it to know if it taste disgusting. so dont try that ”dont knock it unless u try it.” its the weakest argument your kind uses. why dont u drink cow pee or eat monkey feces? can knock it till u try it, right?
lol u r a ****ing joke

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lmao your arguing animal deification to drugs is hilarious, comparing a commonly consumed substance to something repulsive and not meant for human intake. Your kind always use these extreme and naive arguments.

On another note taste is not the goal of drugs or alcohol, it's the effects. People acquire taste for it the more they partake in it. Do you drink coffee Allan?

CY

Smash Ace
umm i think movies are better than books. if u are gonna quote me, get it right.

also, ive smelled beer as well as weed and cigars. its disgusting. i dont need to try it to know if it taste disgusting. so dont try that ”dont knock it unless u try it.” its the weakest argument your kind uses. why dont u drink cow pee or eat monkey feces? can knock it till u try it, right?
lol u r a ****ing joke
yeah that was a typo obv you don't read books cuz ur a mook.

and why would I drink cow pee or eat monkey feces? you don't take drugs or alcohol randomly, it's because they have a known effect on you. eating **** or drinking piss doesn't do anything for you. you're just like rt, you're secretly scared of trying it.

Xyro77

Poo/pee of animals/humans are consumed by many people in many countries around the world. This is common knowledge(clearly not for you guys lolol) if you knew anything outside of what your fellow drug buddies/9gag/CoD have taught you.

Anyways, the point is(yet again you dont understand the concept, you see only the example) one does not have to try X in order to have Y opinion on it. You don't drink pee cause it smells and looks terrible.......Regardless of taste/effect. You don't have to play the game "Party Babiez" to know it sucks. You don't have to stabb yourself to know it will hurt. The same goes for drugs/drinking for me. I don't have a need/urge/want to drink, smoke or do a drug. The smell and looks of each certainly don't appeal to me either.....so I'm not gonna try it. It's that simple and there is nothing wrong with that either.

You guys literally don't understand this and it's sad I have to explain this basic level stuff to you. Pathetic.

CY

Smash Ace
you form opinions about things before even researching them or knowing about them.

a few examples:

drugs/alcohol without ever trying them
videogames you haven't played or know about
various books/movies
music that is talked about on here that you haven't listened to

and you call all of this garbage without any evidence or actual KNOWLEDGE about said subjects.

got 'em.

you're basically RT but not a big Asian.

Xyro77

P4, yes it is. Do you read anything foreign other than manga? Lol had you been more educated in other countries food choices, you wouldn't have asked such a ****ing stupid question. Guess being homeschooled really ****ed you in the end.

And no I don't drink coffee.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I know a fair share of culture, and I know enough to know that eating animal poo and pee isn't a common practice. Some may do this as a delicacy or for religious purposes but I can assure you it's not common in the least.

And why are you attacking my education or what I do recreationally? I haven't once been rude to you about your public school education since you can't even do math lololol (am I doing it right now?).

Can you even give me examples of which people eat or drink poo and pee on the regular?

Anyways I just find it funny how you attack me for not knowing your facts.

Btw it doesn't matter if you don't drink coffee, I know you drink energy drinks, which is a stimulant, which is a drug (caffeine), which is no different from what your criticizing.

Xyro77

I know a fair share of culture, and I know enough to know that eating animal poo and pee isn't a common practice. Some may do this as a delicacy or for religious purposes but I can assure you it's not common in the least.
It is. Research it.

And why are you attacking my education or what I do recreationally?
You attack me for giving opinions on all sorts of things(smash/games/illegal drugs/books/movies.....ect). It's only fair I get a few shots in.

I haven't once been rude to you about your public school education since you can't even do math lololol (am I doing it right now?).
I can do math(required in life). Not advanced math(not required in life). Nice try though.

Can you even give me examples of which people eat or drink poo and pee on the regular?
China/Korea/Eithiopia are a few. If you are that interested, look it up.

Anyways I just find it funny how you attack me for not knowing your facts.
Of course you don't know MY facts. That's why we are "fighting"

Btw it doesn't matter if you don't drink coffee, I know you drink energy drinks, which is a stimulant, which is a drug (caffeine), which is no different from what your criticizing.
I rarely drink energy drinks but either way, a illegal drug and a cup of coffee/chocolate/soda/tea(all of which have caffeine) are completely different regardless of its stimulation. Nice try though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
So eating **** and piss is a common practice? I'm done.

Btw Allan do you drink coffee?
Piss isn't censored but **** is?

Also India.

Also if you eat chocolate, its pretty much guaranteed you are eating bug/rodent feces in small amounts.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Books > Movies
I'm also better than all of you in everything.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
what HR do I have to be to start hunting Rathians? I just tried a quest online for the sake of getting used to it and got to HR 2. None of the quests I have available atm involve rathians tho, and I just want a **** plate and another spike.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
what HR do I have to be to start hunting Rathians? I just tried a quest online for the sake of getting used to it and got to HR 2. None of the quests I have available atm involve rathians tho, and I just want a **** plate and another spike.
HR 9 I think. Eff the offline stuff, you should just play online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom