• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I'm selling guitar pedals, individual ones, not a board. I have delay, fuzz, a couple of different distortion, volume, and a blues. All of them are in great condition and I still have the boxes for most of them. Let me know if you're interested.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'm selling guitar pedals, individual ones, not a board. I have delay, fuzz, a couple of different distortion, volume, and a blues. All of them are in great condition and I still have the boxes for most of them. Let me know if you're interested.
u r lying. u cant drive a guitar so guitars do not have pedals.

Gea

Smash Master
All of these are address in the bible except Scientology cause its a newer thing.
Howso? Furthermore, some of the most accepted and oldest sects that use the Bible have drastically different canonical versions of it. Catholics, Protestants, Jews, etc. Even within those sects they can be further divided into what parts they consider of the actual Bible.

It is highly likely that whatever denomination you are, you do not use the Bible in all of it's known entirety. Why not?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Question: Do any of these work well for bass too (like the distortion) or are they just meant for guitar? /me being a noob at music

:059:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Do the pedals work for Rock Band?

:phone:

Xyro77

Howso? Furthermore, some of the most accepted and oldest sects that use the Bible have drastically different canonical versions of it. Catholics, Protestants, Jews, etc. Even within those sects they can be further divided into what parts they consider of the actual Bible.

It is highly likely that whatever denomination you are, you do not use the Bible in all of it's known entirety. Why not?
The Bible says multiple times that after a certain point(a point i dont remember) there will be never again be a prophet and if one appears he is a FALSE prophet. This AUTO eliminates Mormonism. Paganism is stuff like Buddhism, Shintoism, Native American Religions, Hinduism, Taoism, Wicca, Druidism, Asatru, Shamanism, Neo- Paganism and Eclectic Paganism. Some of these believe in things like "everything has a soul" and Some of these do not believe the devil exists.....ect. These are auto incorrect because it DIRECTLY contradicts what is written in the true bible.

From what ive read/hear/understand, the King James version is the most accurate. So this is the bible in which i refer to.

oh and the Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible is the only bible the Vatican actually recognizes even though many catholics use other versions. I dont wanna get too deep into it because i dont know too much about it. i just know its GREATLY differs from what i believe in( i could give a few examples if u want).

Gea

Smash Master
That doesn't counteract anything. Your argument is that your religion is superior because you have the Bible, but other religions have the same argument about their religious artifacts.

And you're using a Bible with cut content and translated across multiple languages and insisting it to be accurate. Some translations of the earliest known Bibles were partially guesswork. The Bible was written in many parts over many years. Christians argue about it. You pretty much just edited in admitting that Catholics use a different form of the Bible. Yet the Bible is your proof? The Bible that you are using is newer that Catholicism and so is your denomination more than likely.

You're telling me that the Bible is proof enough and is the word, but have failed to qualify why your version of the Bible is the correct one. And the King James Bible lost lots of subtlety of language as a trade off for being accessible.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
If Xyro is the truth, then I might find the nearest 24 story building and jump off of it.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Question: Do any of these work well for bass too (like the distortion) or are they just meant for guitar? /me being a noob at music

:059:
They're meant for guitar but I think the volume pedal could be used for bass just as easily for volume swells and such.

Do the pedals work for Rock Band?

Die

Oh... so P4 isn't Cloverleaf. Good to know.
Wait... wat?

Xyro77

That doesn't counteract anything. Your argument is that your religion is superior because you have the Bible, but other religions have the same argument about their religious artifacts.
Except that theirs either originates from mine(which is closest to the original text) or that theirs is something totally diff. Both cases make their "religious artifacts" incorrect.

And you're using a Bible with cut content and translated across multiple languages and insisting it to be accurate.
its accurate. its obviously not the original text.

Some translations of the earliest known Bibles were partially guesswork.
That doesnt mean that this is want im reading.

The Bible was written in many parts over many years. Christians argue about it.
There shouldn't be an argument. Its clear its written over time.

You pretty much just edited in admitting that Catholics use a different form of the Bible. Yet the Bible is your proof? The Bible that you are using is newer that Catholicism and so is your denomination more than likely.
The new king james version is closer to the original texts than the Douay-Rheims.

You're telling me that the Bible is proof enough and is the word, but have failed to qualify why your version of the Bible is the correct one. And the King James Bible lost lots of subtlety of language as a trade off for being accessible.

this is opinion

Labernash

Smash Lord
The Bible is the most historically accurate artifact in the world. Written works aee the number one Go-to source for historical facts. The Bible has been through every test every book is. Every written work from Homer altogether has 643 surviving manuscripts. The New Testament alone has 24,633.

The Bible is legit. If I had internet right now, I'd say more, but I'll be lucky if this goes through.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
>see's second law of thermo-dynamics
>compares to evolution/big bang
>See's the LAW of thermo-dynamics contradicts HYPOTHESIS of evolution/big bang

Law>Hypothesis.

Without evolution and bigbang, you don't have any Plausible theory to why we're here.

However, science also says that if something has a timeline, it has to have a creator.

Science. Great tool for helping the atheists disprove religion, isn't it?

CY

Smash Ace
The Bible is the most historically accurate artifact in the world. Written works aee the number one Go-to source for historical facts. The Bible has been through every test every book is. Every written work from Homer altogether has 643 surviving manuscripts. The New Testament alone has 24,633.

The Bible is legit. If I had internet right now, I'd say more, but I'll be lucky if this goes through.

I find it incredibly arrogant and selfish(surprise surprise) that Allan thinks so highly of his religion but anything other than his isn't right. According to him everyone that doesn't follow the Bible is wrong when the Bible in itself isn't proof.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master

I find it incredibly arrogant and selfish(surprise surprise) that Allan thinks so highly of his religion but anything other than his isn't right. According to him everyone that doesn't follow the Bible is wrong when the Bible in itself isn't proof.

I find it increadibly arrogant and selfish(I'm actually surprised, considering I don't know you) that you think his beliefs are wrong and yours are right, and anyone who's a "closed-minded religious folk" is evil, when the requirements for being "open-minded" are very many...

Seems only a narrow core of belief systems are allowed to be open-minded.

I just can't make sense of it.

CY

Smash Ace
I find it increadibly arrogant and selfish(I'm actually surprised, considering I don't know you) that you think his beliefs are wrong and yours are right, and anyone who's a "closed-minded religious folk" is evil, when the requirements for being "open-minded" are very many...

Seems only a narrow core of belief systems are allowed to be open-minded.

I just can't make sense of it.

you're an idiot, stay in Tyler plz.

1. I've never stated it was evil.
2. I've never said my beliefs are right. I've already stated my case many times in this thread but apparently you haven't read anything. I already said I don't know if I'm right, and my whole point of my argument is that any religious group doesn't know either.

ur gay

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Please use real words in this debate. makes everything smoother...

My point wasn't that at all. My point, simply put, was that it's not weird at all to think you're right and if people disagree then it's natural to think they're wrong.

I.E. it isn't selfish or boastful for me to think "I think Christianity's views are right and if your views are different, I believe you're wrong."

That's just how oppinions work>.>

All I know is, is the bible has been put through more historical tests than any other ancient documents, because people want it proven wrong.
It passes them all. History is kind of a science, and historians agree, no other written record is more reliable. Tons of our history comes from it.

I also know that every time an atheist tries to prove our existence, he uses some theory which is scientifically inaccurate.

I respect atheists, as people, but I simply cannot respect atheism.
Sorry.

Agnosticism, I can respect, as long as people aren't agnostic because they want to seem more open-minded.
Makes sense, not against religion, or atheism, yet can still live in a nice atheist cushion of no religion around them.
Meh

z00ted

Please don't argue with CY, you will lose.
Also, no one cares about what you respect or disrespect.

z00ted

Kailo ended (and predicted) this entire debate before it even started.
Religion is the worst thing to argue about.

It all boils down to the person and their experiences in life.
If you don't respect everyone's decision in their beliefs, then you don't respect your own.

CY

Smash Ace
Please use real words in this debate. makes everything smoother...

My point wasn't that at all. My point, simply put, was that it's not weird at all to think you're right and if people disagree then it's natural to think they're wrong.

I.E. it isn't selfish or boastful for me to think "I think Christianity's views are right and if your views are different, I believe you're wrong."

That's just how oppinions work>.>

All I know is, is the bible has been put through more historical tests than any other ancient documents, because people want it proven wrong.
It passes them all. History is kind of a science, and historians agree, no other written record is more reliable. Tons of our history comes from it.

I also know that every time an atheist tries to prove our existence, he uses some theory which is scientifically inaccurate.

I respect atheists, as people, but I simply cannot respect atheism.
Sorry.

Agnosticism, I can respect, as long as people aren't agnostic because they want to seem more open-minded.
Makes sense, not against religion, or atheism, yet can still live in a nice atheist cushion of no religion around them.
Meh

I shouldn't of called you an idiot, I apologize. I have no problem with people and their beliefs, who am I to tell you how to live? Most of the people I'm around are religious, I have nothing against them and many of them are great people. I just have a problem with religion itself. I don't agree with atheism either, because it's the same argument flipped upside down.

My main point and this is the last I want to touch on the subject: I'm not going to FULLY believe into something without the proper evidence to back it up. A Bible that is controversial is not going to convince me that God is real(this is just one example, I could say the Quran, etc). Atheist saying God isn't real can't prove their case either, because who are they to say a deity didn't create all of this? I will continue on the neutral side of things because I am a simple human beings and I believe we human beings, while advanced, cannot answer these said questions.

Thank you.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It all boils down to the person and their experiences in life.
If you don't respect everyone's decision in their beliefs, then you don't respect your own.
1: No, it boils down to how silly you are about it.
2: Yes you can. :applejack:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I shouldn't of called you an idiot, I apologize.
Fair eneough, it happens. :)

I have no problem with people and their beliefs, who am I to tell you how to live? Most of the people I'm around are religious, I have nothing against them and many of them are great people. I just have a problem with religion itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhG-tkQ_Q2w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I don't agree with atheism either, because it's the same argument flipped upside down.

My main point and this is the last I want to touch on the subject: I'm not going to FULLY believe into something without the proper evidence to back it up. A Bible that is controversial is not going to convince me that God is real(this is just one example, I could say the Quran, etc). Atheist saying God isn't real can't prove their case either, because who are they to say a deity didn't create all of this? I will continue on the neutral side of things because I am a simple human beings and I believe we human beings, while advanced, cannot answer these said questions.

Thank you.
All fair eneough. That's just your decision, something I can't make for you.

@illmatic no one wins debates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom