• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gea

Smash Master
Allan, didn't you ever watch SpaceJam? Or those ballpark hotdog commercials? He might look different without the Hitler facial hair, but he's still pretty easy to recognize.

CY

Smash Ace
2nd, the bible is the law(if you will) and if you do ANYTHING other than adhere to it, you have sinned.

God does exist. The bible is living material proof.

Im not trying to change the way you think. im fully aware you will not change based off of me and my posts. im just correcting the things you say are "fact" or "true"
before I start, I just hit a line of the good so I might ramble and make no sense, or sound like a god damn Greek God of Knowledge and Aesthetics. I deserve it btw I just aced my exam, I like to reward myself. Now..

The bible is man made, it isn't even clear who wrote the bible, so who is to say it's the official law and proof that God is real? Anyone could of made up a story to try and fathom this mysterious universe around us. Like I've said before, people want to KNOW how the **** everything exists and it's extremely complicated. I think it's very possible someone invented this "God" to try and explain how this Universe came about. ****, we STILL don't know **** about our Solar System, let alone our Galaxy, let alone OUR UNIVERSE. Not to mention how many countless Universes are bound to be out there. We humans will never be able to find out what exactly goes on beyond this tiny rock we live in. Earth is a ****ing grain of sand in the Sahara Desert that is the Universe. The Universe is infinite.

So of course people want to explain this in a very simple manner: some God just created it all. It is the easiest and most simple way to explain things, and that is how I believe 'God' came about. Some all knowing higher being threw together an endless Universe and we humans just so happened to land on this tiny rock in the Universe. Yup. And that's that. There is a reason science has lagged behind. if it wasn't for religion stifling science for so many years and shunning ANYTHING other than God, we would be MUCH more advanced than we already are. But that's just another point about religion. More time and money should be invested into science and NASA among other things, instead of just "herp derp no need to explain it, God created it all, that's it."

and nothing I said was fact, all I said was I don't know. just like what you said isn't fact either. what we do know is: neither of us know who is right or wrong, and we won't find out until we die. and yes these arguments are ********, both sides will continue to argue but both sides will never have enough proof to convince the other. So everyone should just stick to what they think and that's that.

damn I went on a sick tangent about the Universe. btw HOW ****ING MIND BOGGLING IS THE UNIVERSE. I recommend to everyone to get high and watch space documentaries and change your life forever. I'm serious, people never really wonder about **** like that and frankly, it's kind of disappointing. People would rather occupy their time and mind with simple things. Like for instance, sites like TMZ who follow around celebrities all day. "OMG BRITTANY IS PREGNANT" "OMG THEY BROKE UP"

SCIENCE NEEDS MORE LOVE.

BTW ANOTHER POINT ABOUT RELIGIOUS BIGOTS: GEA IS AS RELIGIOUS AS THEY GET AND HE'S THE BIGGEST ******* I KNOW. ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE FLAWS OF LIVING A RELIGIOUS LIFE.

EDIT: I've officially changed my stance on God. when I got home from class I took my shirt off cuz I was hot, and there happened to be a mirror next to me. Seeing my sculpted, tanned body and chizzled jaw line made me realize how could something so beautiful exist without a God? It isn't possible without some higher being.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: I've officially changed my stance on God. when I got home from class I took my shirt off cuz I was hot, and there happened to be a mirror next to me. Seeing my sculpted, tanned body and chizzled jaw line made me realize how could something so beautiful exist without a God? It isn't possible without some higher being.
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Gea

Smash Master
So according to Houston I am the most religious liberal democrat to have ever walked the Earth that got Obama singlehandedly elected. Also I have a cool beard.

CY

Smash Ace
So according to Houston I am the most religious liberal democrat to have ever walked the Earth that got Obama singlehandedly elected. Also I have a cool beard.
it was a joke Robert, I know your stance on God and what not.

edit: i can't grow a full beard

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
before I start, I just hit a line of the good so I might ramble and make no sense, or sound like a god damn Greek God of Knowledge and Aesthetics. I deserve it btw I just aced my exam, I like to reward myself. Now..

The bible is man made, it isn't even clear who wrote the bible, so who is to say it's the official law and proof that God is real? Anyone could of made up a story to try and fathom this mysterious universe around us. Like I've said before, people want to KNOW how the **** everything exists and it's extremely complicated. I think it's very possible someone invented this "God" to try and explain how this Universe came about.
By having FAITH in what is written in the bible, it IS clear on WHO wrote it and what events happened. It IS clear how the earth/man were created. If you have FAITH in the bible/god then you believe what he said/what is written is fact/law. The concept of faith is pretty damn hard to explain. Its extremely hard as a person who is taught that material evidence is basically the only way to prove something exists/happens. As i said in my last post, im not here to change your mind or w/e.

****, we STILL don't know **** about our Solar System, let alone our Galaxy, let alone OUR UNIVERSE. Not to mention how many countless Universes are bound to be out there. We humans will never be able to find out what exactly goes on beyond this tiny rock we live in. Earth is a ****ing grain of sand in the Sahara Desert that is the Universe. The Universe is infinite.
yea i agree on this. its because we look for material evidence(planets/universes/solar systems....ect).

So of course people want to explain this in a very simple manner: some God just created it all. It is the easiest and most simple way to explain things, and that is how I believe 'God' came about. Some all knowing higher being threw together an endless Universe and we humans just so happened to land on this tiny rock in the Universe. Yup. And that's that.
It wasnt just an idea made made up by some dudes. God/Jesus actually have or had forms and multiple people saw them. The stories are in the bible. If you have faith in the the bible, the stories are true. If you dont(and YOU dont), then this is what you call a "fairy tale"

There is a reason science has lagged behind. if it wasn't for religion stifling science for so many years and shunning ANYTHING other than God, we would be MUCH more advanced than we already are. But that's just another point about religion.
Sorry but this is simply not true. Do your realize how much religion is taught in our schools.........NONE. Do you realize how many religions "items" are being taken out of our daily life? Most schools now BAN prayer. Most schools took out the "under god" in the pledge of allegiance? MOST stores refuse to say "merry Christmas" these days. Crosses and other religious statues across the USA are being taken down DAILY.

Im not saying science did this but i am saying religion as a whole has almost NO grip on ANYTHING in this country. Science is held back by science. Not cause it sucks or is lies or w/e its because they just are not smart enough yet to figure out XYZ or ABC and the fact that certain programs lose funding/do not get enough funding.

More time and money should be invested into science and NASA among other things, instead of just "herp derp no need to explain it, God created it all, that's it."
All im gonna say is recent funding/staff cuts in the past few years were brought on by your hero OBAMA. Besides that, i have major issues with how NASA spends some of their money. A few years back, NASA deliberately crashed a BILLION dollar satellite into an asteroid/meteor/whatever so that another satellite/robot could come by and collect the rock debris that was launched into space from the impact of the first satellite. I personally think that things like that are a TOTAL waste in money and it could have made an actual difference had it been invested in cancer/aids research. Its stuff like this that makes me not a total supporter of NASA. Spend your money in a MEANINGFUL(obviously, this is relative) way and id support it.

Just my OPINION.

and nothing I said was fact, all I said was I don't know. just like what you said isn't fact either. what we do know is: neither of us know who is right or wrong, and we won't find out until we die. and yes these arguments are ********, both sides will continue to argue but both sides will never have enough proof to convince the other. So everyone should just stick to what they think and that's that.
I think i know who is right and who is wrong but that doesn't mean the wrong person can change. And yes we will def get the test results in once we die but that's too late for one of us. You openly admit that they COULD MAYBE be SOMETHING of divine quality out there so i invite you to "look" if you are serious about what you believe.

damn I went on a sick tangent about the Universe. btw HOW ****ING MIND BOGGLING IS THE UNIVERSE. I recommend to everyone to get high and watch space documentaries and change your life forever. I'm serious, people never really wonder about **** like that and frankly, it's kind of disappointing. People would rather occupy their time and mind with simple things. Like for instance, sites like TMZ who follow around celebrities all day. "OMG BRITTANY IS PREGNANT" "OMG THEY BROKE UP"

SCIENCE NEEDS MORE LOVE.

BTW ANOTHER POINT ABOUT RELIGIOUS BIGOTS: GEA IS AS RELIGIOUS AS THEY GET AND HE'S THE BIGGEST ******* I KNOW. ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE FLAWS OF LIVING A RELIGIOUS LIFE.

*reads edit*

*searches through possible comebacks*

*no results*

*Bails*

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Everything you are saying about the bible can be said about other religious texts.

You keep talking about Christianity and the bible when those are...how can I put this... mistranslated/ripoffs/etc from the Egyptian period...or many parts from other things actually. Look up the Book of Dead.

Xyro77

Everything you are saying about the bible can be said about other religious texts.

You keep talking about Christianity and the bible when those are...how can I put this... mistranslated/ripoffs/etc from the Egyptian period...or many parts from other things actually. Look up the Book of Dead.
I you have FAITH in the bible, then you know its the beginning and the end, 98% of all religions stem FROM the Bible. Its people taking the original story and editing/cutting/rewriting it to fit their agenda.

and yes the bible has be translated into many different versions(over 30) and many different languages. Some are WAY off and others are more accurate. IIRC, the King James version is the most accurate.

Gea

Smash Master
By having FAITH in what is written in the bible, it IS clear on WHO wrote it and what events happened. It IS clear how the earth/man were created. If you have FAITH in the bible/god then you believe what he said/what is written is fact/law. The concept of faith is pretty damn hard to explain. Its extremely hard as a person who is taught that material evidence is basically the only way to prove something exists/happens. As i said in my last post, im not here to change your mind or w/e.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
lmfao what the hell, really Xyro?

So FAITH proves Christianity is the truth?
Wow.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
im 100% sure Xyro is trolling, you cant be that ******** to say something like "98% of all religions stem from the bible" and "Faith proves a religion is true"

Xyro77

lmfao what the hell, really Xyro?

So FAITH proves Christianity is the truth?
Wow.
ummmm no. The term Christianity is a umbrella that covers MANY different denominations under it. Some of those denominations are literal JOKES

Xyro77

im 100% sure Xyro is trolling, you cant be that ******** to say something like "98% of all religions stem from the bible" and "Faith proves a religion is true"
re-read my posts dude. i openly admit i cannot explain what faith is that well. so dont take it exactly how i typed it.

and yes, if u believe in the bible, everything stems from it. but you dont so of course what im saying is gonna sound crazy.

No. God no.

That was my point. Your argument is the same one those people use. Faith is not proof, faith is your loyalty without concrete proof and reassurance.
ive given concrete proof. its prob not what YOU call "concrete" though. thats not my problem

Xyro77

Your proof is no more concrete that a Scientologist, Mormon, Pagan, etc.
All of these are address in the bible except Scientology cause its a newer thing.

anyways, my proof has been given and is THE proof. there is really nothing more to say lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom